Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll Empty
PostSubject: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:57 am

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/10/wisconsin_badgunanimous_favoriers.html

No surprises.

No complaints.

joe

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:57 am

BTW, I linked Cleveland.com because the other link was the freep

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:47 pm

any thoughts on pre season player of the year?

My pick would be terran petteway.

I can't wait to see how much Caris has grown as a player too.

I'm really interested in watching James Blackmon at IU. I think he's gonna be really good.

Also, I read about Iowa getting a JUCO transfer Trey Dickerson. He's supposed to be pretty good too so we'll see.

Won't miss you Aaron Craft, and big pre F U shannon scott ha ha!

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 pm

What I am looking forward to is the great improvement that will be shown by our returning players, something lacking from year-to-year in some other Michigan sports. Watch Walton.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:01 pm

dwoody wrote:
What I am looking forward to is the great improvement that will be shown by our returning players, something lacking from year-to-year in some other Michigan sports. Watch Walton.

I read an article that said that they will be tracking derrick's frosh to soph progression to try to see if will be burke-esque. Kind of pointless if you ask me because Derrick is in a totally different situation with the players around him but whatever.

I also read an article, bleacher report I believe, that said that if MM hadn't failed the drug test and horford decided to come back that Michigan would most likely be a pre season National Champ favorite.... sigh Sad

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Lots to be excited about in The Big Ten and at Michigan. Will be interesting to see how well we mesh as a team.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:58 pm

wshoes wrote:
Lots to be excited about in The Big Ten and at Michigan. Will be interesting to see how well we mesh as a team.

I expect quite a few growing pains this year given that we have zero established inside presence going into the season. I think there will be times were we walk away disappointed with a few of our younger players and also quite a few times we'll be cursing the 2nd and 3rd year guys but what can you really expect when you lose three guys to the NBA and your only big guy transfers.

The main thing that is going to make this team fun to watch is that they will progress right before our eyes as the season goes along which will keep me coming back for more. Sprinkle in wins here and there and they'll keep me talking about having a shot at winning each game (unlike FB) and that's about as fun as BBall gets for me.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Some predictions for you guys to tell me I was wrong about later.

1st team All Big Ten:
Frank Kaminsky
Caris LeVert
Terran Petteway
Brandon Dawson
Yogi Ferrell

Zak Irivn makes more 3pt shots this season that Stauskas made last season.
Mark Donnal and Ricky Doyle aer the keys to Michigan's success. If they can play replacement level defense, Michigan will be able to contest Wisconsin for 1st in the conference.

Walton 12ppg, 4apg
LeVert 16ppg, 4rpg, 3apg
Irvin 13ppg, 3rpg
Chatman 8ppg, 5rpg
Donnal 10ppg, 4rpg

Albrecht 5ppg, 2apg
Doyle 7ppg, 4rpg

The less Max Bielfeldt playes the better. Hopefully D.J. Wilson can play minutes at PF/C.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 1:16 pm

From where I sit those look like pretty good predictions. Worried about defense though, I feel like we took a step back last year and we've lost Morgan.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 1:54 pm

hail - that looks pretty good but Sam Dekker is getting a lot of pre season love. He could replace Dawson on your All B1G list.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:36 pm

He could, but I don't see two Wisconsin players landing on the 1st team. Very possible, though.

PostSubject: Re: PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll   PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

PreSeason B1G BasketBall Poll
Page 1 of 1