Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player Development...according to Hoke.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Player Development...according to Hoke. Empty
PostSubject: Player Development...according to Hoke.   Player Development...according to Hoke. EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 11:54 am

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/10/asked_if_he_believes_michigans.html

The thing is, I'm sure he really believes this!  

Go Blue!!  Smile
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Player Development...according to Hoke.   Player Development...according to Hoke. EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Lets play along & say Hoke is developing the players like he says he is. OK, then why its NOT showing up on saturdays?

My opinion, one word....DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!

In Bo's book, I have at home so I can't look things up, believe he mentioned discipline is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!! How you treated secertaries, trainers, faculty members, how you acted carried over to the field. Undisciplined off the field=undisciplined on the field.

Working in HS athletic for yrs., I've seen many, many coaches. Thr most successful teams/programs all have one thing in common, discipline. Our current FB coach, kids like really like him, joke around once in a while, but there is a high respect plus also a fear of him. Meetings, film session, weight room, if begins at 3pm, 4:30 or whatever time, you don't show up at 3:01 or 4:31, your late you will do extra conditioning which isn't fun. If you F up on the weekend, act like a jerk in school or not practicing well, theres a punishment. We've been a successful team on the field I believe because of the discipline.

The coach tells the kids, after you graduate we can become friends, maybe you invite me to your wedding one day, maybe we stay in touch, maybe we go for a beer someday in the future, etc., but for know I'm the coach your the student-athlete.

On the other hand, our basketball coach resigned after the 2014 season. Extremely UNdisciplined team, walk in late for practice, being lazy in drills, etc. The coach would yell once in a while, but the kids weren't afraid, didn't have discipline. We gave away 6 games in which be lead by 7plus pts. going into the 4th qtr. I think Shaq shot better FT % then we did. Some of the games we won where absolutely brutal, the other team just happen to be a little worse that night.  

The coach tried to be more friends with the kids, which backfired.

The point of my long story, seems like all the players like Hoke, his friend more or less. He's always clapping, patting them on the back. Just once I would've like to see Hoke grab a player by the jersey or facemask & do a little screaming. So yea maybe Hoke & staff think they are developing the players, but if players have no respect or fear, aren't worried about any kind of punishment, that turns into being an undisciplined player on the field.

You add in bad coaching with an undisciplined team, you get a real bad 3-5 team.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Player Development...according to Hoke.   Player Development...according to Hoke. EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:31 pm

booboo you forgot to mention toughness. UM football is soft.

PostSubject: Re: Player Development...according to Hoke.   Player Development...according to Hoke. EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 10:41 am

booboo wrote:
Lets play along & say Hoke is developing the players like he says he is. OK, then why its NOT showing up on saturdays?

My opinion, one word....DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!

In Bo's book, I have at home so I can't look things up, believe he mentioned discipline is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!! How you treated secertaries, trainers, faculty members, how you acted carried over to the field. Undisciplined off the field=undisciplined on the field.

Working in HS athletic for yrs., I've seen many, many coaches. Thr most successful teams/programs all have one thing in common, discipline. Our current FB coach, kids like really like him, joke around once in a while, but there is a high respect plus also a fear of him. Meetings, film session, weight room, if begins at 3pm, 4:30 or whatever time, you don't show up at 3:01 or 4:31, your late you will do extra conditioning which isn't fun. If you F up on the weekend, act like a jerk in school or not practicing well, theres a punishment. We've been a successful team on the field I believe because of the discipline.

The coach tells the kids, after you graduate we can become friends, maybe you invite me to your wedding one day, maybe we stay in touch, maybe we go for a beer someday in the future, etc., but for know I'm the coach your the student-athlete.

On the other hand, our basketball coach resigned after the 2014 season. Extremely UNdisciplined team, walk in late for practice, being lazy in drills, etc. The coach would yell once in a while, but the kids weren't afraid, didn't have discipline. We gave away 6 games in which be lead by 7plus pts. going into the 4th qtr. I think Shaq shot better FT % then we did. Some of the games we won where absolutely brutal, the other team just happen to be a little worse that night.  

The coach tried to be more friends with the kids, which backfired.

The point of my long story, seems like all the players like Hoke, his friend more or less. He's always clapping, patting them on the back. Just once I would've like to see Hoke grab a player by the jersey or facemask & do a little screaming. So yea maybe Hoke & staff think they are developing the players, but if players have no respect or fear, aren't worried about any kind of punishment, that turns into being an undisciplined player on the field.

You add in bad coaching with an undisciplined team, you get a real bad 3-5 team.

I think you're points are probably right on, but I think it's clear the players really aren't developing under Hoke the way they need to. Especially on offense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Development...according to Hoke.   Player Development...according to Hoke. Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Development...according to Hoke.
Page 1 of 1