Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When is the next big recruiting event?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

When is the next big recruiting event? Empty
PostSubject: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Let's face it the BB game was an awesome opportunity to recruit. They could show off the new PDC. Michigan-Ohio BB game with both teams ranked. ESPN Gameday on campus. Michigan wins the BB game. It was a perfect storm for recruiting.

Anyone know when the next big event will be? I can't imagine there will be anything like last weekend. Last year I know they did a BBQ and that was a pretty good event for recruiting. I believe it was in the Spring. Do they let recruits come to the Spring Game?
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Spring Practice, and like you said, the Big House BBQ.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Is the BBQ part of the Spring Game festivities or is it a separate event?
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Separate event, last year the BBQ was at the end of May.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Cool..Thanks.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:21 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Let's face it the BB game was an awesome opportunity to recruit. They could show off the new PDC. Michigan-Ohio BB game with both teams ranked. ESPN Gameday on campus. Michigan wins the BB game. It was a perfect storm for recruiting.

Anyone know when the next big event will be? I can't imagine there will be anything like last weekend. Last year I know they did a BBQ and that was a pretty good event for recruiting. I believe it was in the Spring. Do they let recruits come to the Spring Game?

There really isn't a fantastic opportunity left. I can only rationalize two distant possibilities.

1.) Saturday March 10. Hockey hosts a CCHA Semi-final round. That's it but Hockey games are phenomenol. Oh, maybe UM will put up a viewing party at Crisler for thew Men's bouncey-ball Basketball semi-finals of the B1G Tournament in Chicago if Michigan is in it?

2.) Saturday May 19. Baseball hosts Nebraska. Softball hosts a NCAA Regional. Men's Golf hosts a NCAA Regional.

If forced to pick one I'd actually pick option #2. Softball Tournaments are a lot of fun. Men's Golf, although boring silent , is decent and it's an NCAA Tournament event. In addition there is baseball, although Nebraska will most likely smoke us...
Back to top Go down
HailToTheVictors!

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 am

The spring game will be a huge day for recruiting. It was reported today that Good Counsel (Blake Countess) teammates 5* CB Kendall Fuller and 4* LB Dorian O'Daniel would be visiting on April 14th. I'm sure there will be more as well.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:49 am

HailToTheVictors! wrote:
The spring game will be a huge day for recruiting. It was reported today that Good Counsel (Blake Countess) teammates 5* CB Kendall Fuller and 4* LB Dorian O'Daniel would be visiting on April 14th. I'm sure there will be more as well.

True. But to help get the recruits get a feel for the university I suggest an event that is well-attended by university students.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 am

Pretty sure the Spring Game will attract more students than a hockey or baseball game. Do we even know if Michigan will be playing in the hockey game?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 am

Wolverdog wrote:
Pretty sure the Spring Game will attract more students than a hockey or baseball game. Do we even know if Michigan will be playing in the hockey game?

No offense but get your head out of your ass. Hockey is an extremely popular sport, and yes we know that Michigan will be playing in it (they are hosting). I'm not really going out on much of a lumb here but I'm guessing that A.) You've never been to a Hockey game; and B.) You are not a Hockey fan. Without a doubt, Football Saturday's in A2 in the Fall reigne supreme over Hockey, however I'm pretty sure that a Hockey playoff series is a little higher up on the totem-pole than a "practice"...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is the next big recruiting event?   When is the next big recruiting event? Empty

Back to top Go down

When is the next big recruiting event?
Page 1 of 1