Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.

Go down 
+4
the artist formally known
MGOBLUEBC
booboo
MgoBlue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. Empty
PostSubject: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:15 am

Niners losing at home to St Louis coming off of a bye is probably not helping Jim's case to stay in San Fran.

The Dolphins winning convincingly over the Chargers and being very much in the mix for the playoffs eliminates one very likely spot for Jim to go to.

That's the good.

The Raiders are now 0-7. It looks more and more like their Interim coach will only be Interim. Oakland still looks to be a player for Jim's services. This is particularly bad if he wants to stay on the west coast.

I still say he is a long shot for Michigan BUT the more he loses and and potential suitors perform well, the more possible it becomes for us.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:53 am

http://www.lostletterman.com/article/michigan-football-athletic-directors-job-description-get-jim-harbaugh

Good article, nothing earth shattering, basically need an AD who's not afraid to play 2nd fiddle to Harbaugh & need to open up the bank to pay him.

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Well, I'm afraid we're going to have a battle for Jimmy & I'm not sure UM is going to win the bidding war. Being from Atlanta area I can tell you Blank (the owner of Falcons) is about to can Mike Smith and word around here is he's willing to pay just about any price for a coach & guess who's on his radar.......yep, Jimmy. Trust me, this guy usually gets what he wants........ He has the bank account! The only thing that might save us Michigan fans is Gruden is high on his list, also. Not sure Gruden is ready to leave the both though. Lets hope so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Hotlanta hasn't had a winning team in awhile. The good thing is when coaches go to Atlanta, it a lot like Detroit they don't coach again..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:35 pm

http://gregghenson.com/jim-harbaugh-is-not/

Not sure what to think of Henson. He seems like he mostly likes to fan the flames by embellishing what we already know.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:05 pm

henson is a hack

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:10 pm

yeah I've only read a handful of articles from Henson but he's kind of like the other Ace.

Although, this from the article probably isn't far off,

..."I’m not claiming Harbaugh will or won’t be the next Coach at Michigan, but what I can tell you according to those close to Jim is that he is interested in the position and will listen to Michigan if he is approached “appropriately.”  Approaching Jim Harbaugh in the right way, means, NOT approaching him directly during the NFL season and offering an appropriate contract to a guy who had achieved his level of success."...

I think that's a fair assessment.

In order to accomplish that there needs to be an interim head coach in place. Someone like Nuss or Mattison that can continue recruiting and be a face for the team until they hire someone new.

A scenario in which Brady is let go directly after the O$U game, Matty is made interim coach and they wait until after the NFL season to seriously approach Jim sounds like the best way to go in order to hire Jim. The problem is that I don't think UM is going to want to wait that long. I think they want a solution in place asap and Jim wouldn't fit in that scenario.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:23 pm

yeh, I thought everything he said in this one was pretty much spot on.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:01 pm

My take from Henson article, presuming M would get a face to face meeting, don't low ball him or insult him with a salary offer. M can't go in thinking well we'll offer 4mil. JH will counter with 7mil, we'll hash things out then we'll meet in the middle. JH doesn't want to play games!!!

The old phrase money talks, bullshit walks, M has to offer $7 million, car(s), a house, basically whatever JH wants, JH gets. If he wants X amout of $$$ for his OC & DC, GIVE IT TO THEM!!!

The phrase approach him "appropiately". Does that mean thru back channels as well? Is ther stuff going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of? Lets hope so!

GO BLUE!!!

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 7:39 am

"He is also under contract with the Niners! He can’t talk!" Wrong. He can talk, but not to NFL teams. UM doesn't have to ask for permission and Jim doesn't either. Just look at Patrino.

Not that UM or JH would pull that kind of deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.   Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch. Empty

Back to top Go down

Good News/Bad News for Harbough watch.
Page 1 of 1