Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: IU

Go down 
+2
Admin
MgoBlue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

OT: IU Empty
PostSubject: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Not good. Crean might be on the hot seat.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2014/11/03/doyel-crean-failing-these-hoosiers-on-and-off-court/18439637/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 9:54 am

It's a hot mess down in Btown.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:01 pm

in all fairness holt and davis are college kids. what davis and holt did are stupid things college kids do. unfortunately it resulted in a serious injury for davis.

holt had a .025 BAC (about 1 lite beer if that).

the problem is that this is the third major incident in the last 9 months for the players. I read somewhere that 5 of the 12 scholarship players have gotten in trouble since February. That's a big number.

So yeah, the player behavior is not good and so it doesn't sound like crean is losing control of the players, it's sounding like he never had control in the first place.

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Worse yet Crean is not much more successful on the court. He was great in the beginning with Olidepo, Zeller, etc. Last year was not so good. Throw in the off court stuff and all you can say is not good.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Yeh the drumbeat in Bloomington and Indianapolis is getting louder. To think he was once seen as Izzo's likely successor.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Crean's seat was already warm after last season. Not only did Indiana miss the NCAA Tournament, they missed the NIT too. Indiana had a great team in 2012/2013, but that team with two top 4 NBA draft picks failed to get past the Sweet 16.

In the past year and a half, Indiana has lost 5 scholarship players to transfers
Luke Fischer
Remy Abbell
Jeremy Hollowell
Austin Etherington
Peter Jurkin

Now, 5 of the current 13 scholarship players have gotten into trouble with the law.

If Tom Crean's buyout wasn't so ridiculously huge, he would be gone already. The program is a dumpster fire right now.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:25 pm

crean had a pretty decent recruiting class. robert johnson and james blackmon are two pretty good kids that are pretty near college ready. The question is can Crean get them to play at the level they need to be at to compete in the B1G

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:30 pm

What is the outlook on them? Middle of the pack? Definitely seems like Crean is in a win or else situation.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 2:00 am

MgoBlue wrote:
What is the outlook on them?  Middle of the pack?  Definitely seems like Crean is in a win or else situation.

Before this debacle, Indiana and Michigan were two incredibly even teams. It will be interesting to see if the that team can stay focused after all of this.

Yogi Ferrell, James Blackmon, and Stanford Robinson give Indiana one of the best back courts in the country. They have a very talented SF playing out of position at 4. Their bigs have okay size but are incredibly unproven.

Elite back court, talented 4, unproven bigs as their weakness. Very similar to Michigan. Michigan gets the edge because I think the back court is slightly better and because John Beilein is the shit.

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 10:08 am

As a Michigan fan, I want to see Tom Crean stay at IU forever. I guess the negative is he may get a few recruits that Beilein would like to have like Blackmon, but he has no clue what to do with them. It seems to me that coaches who clap excessively aren't very good, not sure if there's a correlation there, sample size of two.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 2:07 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
...Yogi Ferrell, James Blackmon, and Stanford Robinson give Indiana one of the best back courts in the country....

and this is with Blackmon never playing a second of college ball yet. That kid is ready. He will be a good one.

jjabilene wrote:
...As a Michigan fan, I want to see Tom Crean stay at IU forever. I guess the negative is he may get a few recruits that Beilein would like to have like Blackmon...

+1

I thought Booker was a lock and I really thought Blackmon was ours to lose. I also had Kevon Looney as a VERY long shot but wasn't counting him completely out. Struck out on all three of them and then out of nowhere Chatman saves the day. AZ fans are probably still scratching their heads on that one Very Happy

Have heard a lot of good about Dawkins and MAAR so far but they aren't going to be the key to the season, Doyle and Donnal are.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:51 pm

now it's just getting out of control...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11816897/indiana-hoosiers-suspend-troy-williams-stanford-robinson-failed-drug-tests

PostSubject: Re: OT: IU   OT: IU Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: IU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: