Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nice article on Devin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Nice article on Devin Empty
PostSubject: Nice article on Devin   Nice article on Devin EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Good person ,but still
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/11/column_devin_gardner_1.html#incart_m-rpt-2

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on Devin   Nice article on Devin EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 3:54 pm

the end of that article says it all

The guy's played for three different offensive coordinators, two head coaches and he's been asked to line up at two separate positions. Yet, through it all, he's never stopped giving everything he has.

Not to his team, and not to his community.

"I'm becoming a man here, and I thank God for this adversity," Gardner said earlier this season. "I'm becoming a better man."

He's already a better man. Better than most.

And that's a legacy to be proud of

Thanks for posting that artist

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on Devin   Nice article on Devin EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Great article indeed but the article paints a completely selfless picture of Devin (which is true to an extent). The thing that needs to be realized (but should not detract from any of Devin's acts) is that all of his hospital visits probably count towards his practicum while he's in school. I actually graduated from the same program, and while most of the 5th year football players who have already received their Bachelor's degree enroll in the School of Social Work just for a semester to maintain eligibility but Devin actually cares. I have never met Devin but have spoken with Deans and Professors about him, all of which have enthusiastic treports about Devin. Like I said, most of the other players who end up in the School of Social Work are just there for a semester and then they drop-out (before even taking a field placement). Doing field-work in addition to classes is a full time job in itself. Add to that being a Division 1 football player and it is literally impossible. Devin can't perform an actual field-placement during the season so I'm guessing that his uber-frequent visits to Mott count. I think that's also why he spent so much time at the Peace Neighborhood Center this summer. He accumulated more field-placement hours than is "normal" during the summer to off-set his lack of hours in the fall. I'm unsure if he'll graduate this winter or in the spring but when he does he'll have both a Bachelor's degree in Afro-American and African studies AS WELL AS a MSW (Master of Social Work). The kid is intelligent and exemplifies a true student-athlete, I guess rooming with Denard really made an impression on him.

Like I've always said, football is nice but it isn't everything. Devin gets it and I'm proud to have him as a fellow alumnus.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on Devin   Nice article on Devin EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Posted earlier this season that on field performances aside.... DG has proved to be a great scholar athlete.... he has graduated from a great university... he has shown class and never publicly complained over the years with all he has been through... he is a gread kid and will succeed in the future with whatever career he chooses... from a playing perspective even though it was a loss the performance he put on against the buckeyes last year was outstanding and a game experience I will never forget
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on Devin   Nice article on Devin Empty

Back to top Go down

Nice article on Devin
Page 1 of 1