Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help an Old Guy out

Go down 
+3
Admin
WillieMfan
joe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Help an Old Guy out Empty
PostSubject: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Can someone explain this twitter thingy? I've never done it. (Tweeted, twitted, or whatever.)

Is this thing on the computer or on a cell phone?

Do you have to go to www.twitter.com and sign up?

How do you follow people or, even still, tweet yourself?

Just wondering
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:51 pm

It can be done on a computer or a mobile device. Yes you have to sign up at Twitter.com. Following people is as easy as clicking a button.

The best thing to do is to sign up for an account and just try it out. You can ask questions as you go. Accounts are free and you can take a look around.

If you are determined to understand it before trying it then start here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Twitter
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:31 pm

It's worth opening an account simply to follow Michigan athletics....especially recruiting. And if you'd like to see some of the personal sides of our current players (sometimes good, sometimes not so good), it's a good way to do that as well.

If you decide to do it, I posted a thread early in the forum's creation that listed a BUNCH of Michigan related twitter handles.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm

It's easy, as others have said. I just use it for recruiting, and have never once "tweeted" anything myself. I follow maybe 8 people, but honestly I rarely check it. Around the New Year I have TomVH's tweets sent to my phone, then turn the phone part off after signing day. But that's because I'm a recruiting geek, and I have to know who committed FIRST! lol!
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:50 pm

I find the easiest part about twitter is this forum and other places I get information from!! One old geezer to another!!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:54 pm

I don't understand twitter. I don't get the # in front of stuff, and I hate the distraction of the English language, but a lot of people like it, so oh well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:25 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I don't understand twitter. I don't get the # in front of stuff, and I hate the distraction of the English language, but a lot of people like it, so oh well.

It took me some time to get used to it....and I'm 25.

The # is used to 'trend' something. Breaking it down to an elementary level, it makes it easier for people to search certain topics. So, right now during the Red Wings/Hawks game, I would tweet something like "Time to get our shit together, let's go #hawks"

So, anyone else on Twitter looking to read about the Blackhawks could type in #hawks in the search field. That will bring up every single tweet from around the world that included the "#hawks" in it.

One thing you'll see with the #'s more than anything is that they are trendy topics. Like right now, a lot of the recruits are tweeting "#welcometodetroit where 8 mile isn't as bad as it's depicted". Different people will do this, and add their city. So I would say "#welcometochicago, where I spent $700 in parking tickets in 2011".

The other confusing part of twitter is all the @ signs. The @ signs are simply 'tagging' people to the post, like you would 'tag' someone to a picture or post on Facebook.

For example this guys just tweeted: "#WelcomeToSaginaw the hometown of the next dominant DT at The University of Michigan!!!!!! @PeeWeeUofM9456"

So, there's the #welcometosaginaw, and at the end he has 'tagged' PeeWee Pipkins to the post. He could have easily said PeeWee Pipkins, but he wanted PeeWee to actually SEE his tweet, so he added PeeWee's handle. Now PeeWee can search his handle and see every post it's been added to, and this this guy's tweet will pop up.

Hope any of that helps.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks, I really didn't know any of that. BTW, 1-0 #wings right now. LOL
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

@fishgoblue22 is a quick learner. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:03 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Yeah. We put the wings on the PP in the first 30 seconds of the game. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 am

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 am

How long until you get an iPhone St.Joe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help an Old Guy out   Help an Old Guy out Empty

Back to top Go down

Help an Old Guy out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: