Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harbaugh money offered

Go down 
+5
theJET84
the artist formally known
MGOBLUEBC
dwoody
sandyeggo_blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Harbaugh money offered Empty
PostSubject: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:19 pm

http://detroitsportsrag.net/if-jim-harbaugh-says-yes-he-would-be-really-really-really-rich/

it's jeff moss but something about this makes me feel that it could very well be credible.

Moss is a flake. He's all about clicks to his site but to his credit he's been right before.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:23 pm

ok this is from 247 pay article by Steve Lorenz but MgBlog posted it so I will too

"One source we've talked to extensively regarding Harbaugh had the following to say: "Jim can be a flake. That will be the major concern for Michigan. Anything at this juncture saying he's not interested is a smokescreen. His father, and both he and his brother, have a ton of respect for Brady Hoke and would not want to make it appear publicly like Jim is taking his job from him. From their end, they will want this process to appear as quiet as possible."

MgoBlog goes on to make the point that this is all on the premise that Hoke is still the coach. he's not anymore so the thinking is that Jim would no longer feel he's publicly taking the job.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:18 am

One can only hope!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:03 am

per MgoBoard Tom Beaver is saying on Scout that one of his sources  has a friend close to SF situation that Hackett will be making a major move for JH "through the 49ers". It would be bigger than what we would've thought was possible.

Now that is 5th hand so TIFWIW.

BTW I have no opinion on Tom Beaver. I know there are people that swear by him and there are people that think he's a clown. FWIW he did break the RichRod and Hoke news hires first sooooo.....

I prefer Steve Lorenz to ANYONE on ANY other paysite (even Sam Webb) but Tom Beaver works for scout for a reason I guess.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:37 am

A lot of people in the know (Sam, Steve, Brian, now Tom among countless others) are reporting that Jim has in fact expressed a fairly high level of interest in the job recently.

Hackett still has ties to Jim's dad and thus IMO has a back channel to Jim and John.

There is 4 weeks left in the NFL season but I think there is no way the Ath Dept waits that long to get a deal done. I think the heat from the fans would be way to intense by then.

You gotta think Hackett has been working on a search from day one. Maybe not as fully as now but you gotta think his evaluation of the program didn't take long and he had moved on to a coaching search before Brady was gone.

I give the Ath Dept two weeks (three tops) before it has to make a hire and announcement on someone.

the problem with that is that Jim would have to "check out" of the NFL early. Petrino did that and when he did that he ruined every chance he'll ever have again with the NFL. NOBODY in the NFL would ever hire Petrino again, not even to be the towel boy. You gotta think Jim knows that and wouldn't want to bail on SF early.

Best case scenario for Jim to not burn his bridges would be for SF to remove him from HC (fire him). Then he could take the UM job and still have the NFL as an option later on. But that leaves SF to pickup the last year of his contract and you gotta think they aren't willing to do that. Best move for SF is for Jim to leave on his own accord because then they won't have to pay him. Or they could trade him and get compensation (which is looking more and more like a long shot with each passing day) OR..... have UM work out a deal to either pay or split his final year salary. Of course I don't even know if that's even an option. Why would they do that if Jim is willing to leave and SF is willing to let him go. I'm just throwing it out there because I've had a few beers and my mind is seriously wandering at this point ha ha!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 am

this was posted on the MgoBoard regarding the situation and I thought it was good enough to share

"Makes sense when you take into account what Hackett said about his swimming lanes. Negotiating with the niners first makes Harbaugh available today even though he may still be coaching until late Dec. If he is candidate #1, then you get your answer quickly and can move on before losing other candidates. If he says yes, then BANG we got Jimmy. We know that waiting until after the bowl game (a la Brandon) can result in Hoke-like candidates only being available.

If true, niners get certainty Jim won't ever coach against them (this is probably valuable given that Oakland REALLY wants him and is in their market and would be a NO NO for the niners) and possibly the buyout plus cash (which they could use to acquire a more suitable coaching candidate). While unconventional, makes sense from the niners/wolverines side.

Only stone left unturned, is will Jim's family be content leaving the bay area. Perhaps, Jim H. suggested it as a way to tell his wife, "I've got no other choice", so that he can take his dream job.

Strike fast, Hackett!!! "
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 2:02 am

does anyone have a scout subscription because apparently there is pay information that is hinting from three separate sources that say something is in the works between Hackett and SF.

Find that hard to believe but I just want to know for sure. Can anyone expand on this?

Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:07 am

Wow, eggo. Thanks for all these tidbits. You need to drink more beer guy! Ha.

Wouldn't surprise me to see 49's release Jimmy because apparently the GM doesn't get along with Jim & it sounds like the GM wants Jim gone for whatever reason. It also would prevent another NFL team from picking Jimmy up.

It's actually sounding more & more like we might get our wish, guys. I sure hope so and I still haven't given up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:10 am

If that happens I'll shoot the Boot
Back to top Go down
theJET84

theJET84

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:18 am

Bovada has removed the Michigan coach prop bet..... It's going down!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:38 am

theJET84 wrote:

What the hell does this post mean ??? Rolling Eyes Surprised
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:50 am

Artist, I would like to know where you read or heard that Harbaugh said no to UM? I am not saying it is going to happen but it is possible.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:52 am

the artist formally known wrote:
theJET84 wrote:

Apparently bets were being taken on whom the next Michigan coach was going to be and that bet is no longer available (taken off the board). This could mean that Bovada thinks that the identity of the next coach is known by some and that it is too risky to take wagers on a proposition that is known by some. It could mean that.
Back to top Go down
theJET84

theJET84

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:54 am

My post implies that Vegas must know something to take away the prop bet they just released yesterday.
Back to top Go down
theJET84

theJET84

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:56 am

For instance at 2/1 (the odds that Harbaugh would be the next coach, per Bovada) If I was JH I take every cent I own and bet on myself to take the job. After he accepts job he not only gets 8/year from UM but a very quick double up via Bovada.
Back to top Go down
theJET84

theJET84

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:56 am

For instance at 2/1 (the odds that Harbaugh would be the next coach, per Bovada) If I was JH I take every cent I own and bet on myself to take the job. After he accepts job he not only gets 8/year from UM but a very quick double up via Bovada.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 am

theJET84 wrote:

Okay I get it now,

Where did I hear that, let me count the people. The Detroit news, ESPN, John Forte, Numerous people say he isn't coming including Yours truly..
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:03 am

the artist formally known wrote:
theJET84 wrote:

It means you can no loge place a bet on who will be the next head coach at UM.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:39 pm

theJET84 wrote:

I saw that also but found a post on the MgoBoard that said that it was only going to be up until 11 pm yesterday anyway. So normally when vegas removes a bet they do so because they have inside information or the feel others have inside information and they don't want to lose money, that doesn't seem to be the case here.

damn! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Artist, no one has any proof that Jim has said no to Michigan. He may have but none of those people know anything for sure. It is all speculation.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 2:41 pm

my personal opinion is that Jim would NOT string along Michigan. if they asked and he was not interested he would say no and let them move along. That's just my opinion though based on his affection for the university.

at a high level that could mean a couple things.

a) they haven't asked yet
b) they have and he said yes and they are working on something
c) everything in between

gonna be a long couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 2:46 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
my personal opinion is that Jim would NOT string along Michigan. if they asked and he was not interested he would say no and let them move along. That's just my opinion though based on his affection for the university.

at a high level that could mean a couple things.

a) they haven't asked yet
b) they have and he said yes and they are working on something
c) everything in between

gonna be a long couple of weeks.

sorry Sandy but it's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooong couple of weeks. Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh money offered   Harbaugh money offered Empty

Back to top Go down

Harbaugh money offered