Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke

Go down 
+5
stjotoo
the artist formally known
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
fishgoblue22
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke Empty
PostSubject: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:30 am

And Cutcliff said no. Not sur I believe this.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:57 am

Must have the same agent, as I said on the other board, if we're going with an older guy, lets get the one with an NC and multiple conf titles.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:04 am

wshoes wrote:
Must have the same agent, as I said on the other board, if we're going with an older guy, lets get the one with an NC and multiple conf titles.

Agree here with shoes, Rather have Miles than Cutcliffe.

I must say though, to get Duke (in football) in the national picture, he must be a pretty good coach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:17 am

If Cutliffe was offered Hackett must be on the 2nd page now. Holy crap we can even get antone to come to our covenant school what has the program become. I think the Rich Rod situation turned a lot of coaches off, when the see how he was handled they are thinking that coulda been me.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:35 am

If this is true, and I personally doubt it is, so much for the idea of "hitting a home run" in selecting a new coach. This type of hire would be a scratch single.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:47 am

stjotoo wrote:
If this is true, and I personally doubt it is, so much for the idea of "hitting a home run" in selecting a new coach.  This type of hire would be a scratch single.

Duke said that NO ONE, including third parties, contacted Cutcliffe.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 12:45 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/12/duke_says_david_cutcliffe_has.html
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 1:28 pm

wshoes wrote:
stjotoo wrote:
If this is true, and I personally doubt it is, so much for the idea of "hitting a home run" in selecting a new coach.  This type of hire would be a scratch single.

Duke said that NO ONE, including third parties, contacted Cutcliffe.

And the beat goes on and on and on and on with the "he said", she said", sources said", "have been told"!! It all makes for great reading and great discussions, that's for sure. Smile I think my original guess of two weeks until the new coach is hired has now doubled to closer to four weeks. I HOPE I am wrong.....and my ulcer hopes I am wrong too!! LOL

I do know that my total being is hoping and praying it is NOT Schiano!!! IMHO

Go Blue!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 1:33 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
I think my original guess of two weeks until the new coach is hired has now doubled to closer to four weeks.  

After reading that article that quoted Brian Greise and showed how he was directly involved in the coaching search I kind of took away that the search was going to last a month. It never gave a timeline or dates anywhere in the article, but the plan that Greise laid out and the steps he said were going to be involved just made me think there was no way we were going to have a coach by Christmas.

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 4:53 pm

I don't think Harbaugh has said no and they are not rushing him.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Personally, I think he's said yes and we're waiting for him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:01 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
I don't think Harbaugh has said no and they are not rushing him.  

this is pretty much the simplest and best summation I've heard. coincidentally I fully agree. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Not to rain on anyone's parade but not saying no isn't the same as saying yes.  Frankly he would be stupid to say know when he doesn't know what the future holds.  Why not wait and see who all will be bidding for his services?  Having multiple job offers is never a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke   So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke Empty

Back to top Go down

So Gil Brandt says UM offered Cutcliff from Duke
Page 1 of 1