Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance Empty
PostSubject: Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance   Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 1:48 am

Just my 2 cents, my gut feeling, he comes back to AA because who knows if he would ever get another chance.

Lets play what if, Hacketts' plan B turns out to be a grand slam homerun, this coach stays here until he retires in 2033. This coach wins couple National titles, many B1G titles, hugely successful. (I can dream big, can't I?) JH turns 51 on this Tuesday, 2033 he's 69yrs old. Presuming he's still coaching, would a M & JH marriage finally or ever happen? If plan B coach would be this successful, I'm guessing fans by then might completely forget about Harbaugh.

All the current reports, if true, seem to say JH is torn between staying in the NFL or come to M? If stories are true, wife, family have given him the green light to come to M. Seems its up to Jim to make a decision.

So is JH sitting around thinking the same thing I am. This might be my only chance???

He might be thinking OK I go to M, stay 6-8yrs. I'm still mid/late 50s, there's ALWAYS an NFL job opening every year. Or maybe after 6-8yrs. his goal to win a super bowl isn't there, or isn't as strong, he wants to stay in AA till retirement.

I just believe it goes back to his love for Bo, AA, for Michigan, his 1 & maybe only chance to go home. Is the pressure from all the M greats, Desmond, Woodson, Bo's son, JH feels he has to come home to be the savior. The chance to become an instant hero, a chance someday to have a statue next to Bo. How important is that to Jim?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance   Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:11 pm

I think you make a heckuva good point.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance   Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:42 pm

I think he take the Michigan job, Then if in 3 years he hasn't accomplished what he wants or he has. He can go NFL and go where he wants instead of where SF wants him to be..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance   Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 pm

I would hate to see JH take the job and leave us in 3-4 years. I guess I will worry about that later. I still like to think he will take the job and become the next legend at Michigan. I really think he could be a guy who has a statue and a building named after him. I think in the NFL his legacy would be much less than what it would be at Michigan.

I do agree with OP. It's now or never for JH. The circumstances are perfect-Michigan has a vacancy and JH is not expected to stay in SF. The likelyhood of the two matching up again are slim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance   Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance Empty

Back to top Go down

Why he takes M job: Might be his one & only chance
Page 1 of 1