Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike

Go down 
+3
stjotoo
gm_goblue1205
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike Empty
PostSubject: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 10:50 am

per the radio this morning.

No decision made yet.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:10 am

Yea we had Nike before that switch in 2008 I think it would be great and for the kids be for for them and even me because i want some Michigan gear with Nike on it
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:36 am

BFD
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:48 am

Nike is going to have to pony up.

Jim isn't going to come cheap so UM will need to get all of the money it can get wherever it can get it.

according to this article, UM makes more money from Adidas than any other school with any other apparel brand. Private schools not included in the study though.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/01/study_michigans_apparel_contra.html

UM makes more from Adidas than Oregon does with Nike and UM makes more than double the next B1G Ten opponent does (Nebraska @ $4mil per)
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:59 am

I day go with whatever company pays most. Adidas, Nike, Under Armour.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:07 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Nike is going to have to pony up.

Jim isn't going to come cheap so UM will need to get all of the money it can get wherever it can get it.

according to this article, UM makes more money from Adidas than any other school with any other apparel brand. Private schools not included in the study though.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/01/study_michigans_apparel_contra.html

UM makes more from Adidas than Oregon does with Nike and UM makes more than double the next B1G Ten opponent does (Nebraska @ $4mil per)

Nike has already come out and publicly said they wouldn't pay UofM what Adidas does.

If UofM goes back, they'll sacrifice some dollars in order to make the players (and recruits) happy.
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:18 pm

They will have to cough up that money it will help out Nike and it will help out UM and get that swagger back that we desperately need for the kids
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:21 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:
They will have to cough up that money it will help out Nike and it will help out UM and get that swagger back that we desperately need for the kids

Why? Nike is in the power position.

They know the kids prefer their gear over Adidas. They also know that high school recruits prefer them over Adidas, as well.

Michigan needs Nike back more than Nike needs Michigan back.

They'll pay UofM for the contract, but they won't match Adidas.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:27 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:

the right coach and the right culture WILL bring the swagger back.

Here's my take... would you rather have a team that wins, or would you rather have team that loses but looks cool doing it?

F Nike, F Adidas, F UnderArmour. I wouldn't care if martha stewart knitted our team's uniforms as long as we won and were mean and dominant doing it.

Putting a shirt on with a Nike logo on it as opposed to an Adidas logo isn't going to make the team a winner.

Putting a coach on the sideline that will get into the kids' ears and chew some ass when they mess up as opposed to keeping the world's highest paid chearleeder on the sidelines will.

I'm with Fish.... go with whomever will pay the most money..... oh yeah and hire JIM
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:30 pm

I hope this will mark the end of the bullshit gimmick uniforms that I've loved so much.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:37 pm

dwoody wrote:
I hope this will mark the end of the bullshit gimmick uniforms that I've loved so much.

not likely. Nike is notorious for it and the two teams in the B1G Ten that have had the craziest uniforms over the last two years (NW and Maryland) are both signed with Under Armour.

Since Adidas seems to like to mess with UM's uniform it's probably gonna continue wherever we go.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:44 pm

I want the best talent the country has to offer.

18-year old kids want Nike, not Adidas.

I don't care if we lose $1-2 million a year on switching back to Nike. That's chump change when you look at the athletic department's operating budget and net revenues.

Not to mention, a switch back to Nike would result in one KICK ASS garage sale, as the department would have to rid of all things branded in Adidas.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about getting the highest paying apparel contract: http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2014/12/22/college-footballs-most-valuable-teams-2014/

Not when you're already the third-highest profiting college football team in 2014, despite with season-ticket and single-game ticket sales both down across the board.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:51 pm

not a big fan of Nike but prefer them over adidas , why we have a soccer company providing football unis is beyond me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike   Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike Empty

Back to top Go down

Webb: Hackett spoke with players about possibility of switching back to Nike
Page 1 of 1