Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.

Go down 
+2
joe
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.  Empty
PostSubject: Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.    Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:18 pm

From SB Nation:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/23/2819028/michigan-football-recruiting-2013-class

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.    Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:51 pm

If I had a dollar for every time this was posted over in the Shit forum, I'd be rich.

*(The biggest argument I hear from MSU fans for continued MSU dominance in football is "Michigan has always recruited better and we still beat them the last four years." This argument doesn't take into account unprecedented levels of attrition from those Michigan classes, and a failure to develop the players by the coaching staff (i.e. Greg Robinson). So far Michigan has shown stability that should limit attrition, and the coaching staff has taken a team that didn't fit what it wanted to do and turned it into an 11-win BCS bowl team. Two good indications that player retention and development should be much improved from the last few years. If Michigan is recruiting at a high level and developing those recruits it will be hard for Michigan State to consistently win against Michigan on the field, which should further widen the recruiting gap.)

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.    Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.  EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 am

Good stuff. The states of Ohio and Penna. have long been far and away the top HS football talent areas, per capita anyhow, in the eastern 1/4 of the country. Travis rightly points out that, no Ohio talent, no (or very few) B-10 championships for Bo...and Bo, as an Akron-area native, was smart enough to realize it, and always got TONS of Ohio talent. (Serving a TWO-FOLD purpose: stocking his roster with talent, and taking it away from his chief rival).

Another thing Z.T. implied/intimated, if he didn't say it right out, was the importance of recruiting heavily IN YOUR AREA. Sure, the Southeast, Texas and Calif. are all going to produce more five-stars or whatever, year-in, year-out, thasn the Midwest--- but Travis pointed to the importance of PLAYER RETENTION, and "coaching up". How much more likely is a player who grew up close to U-M (or OSU), familair thus with the area, landmarks, climate, mores, etc. to be, in terms of wanting to STAY with a program and excel, than one who's homesick, hates snow and cold (which he maybe never SAW before), or maybe feels a certain unspoken degree of alienation due to his Southern accent, culture, etc., etc. ???
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.    Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.  EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:25 am

Nice article, good point stjoe, I think we share the same opinion of Mich Football, especially over the last 4-5 years. And, really like those pics.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.    Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.  EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:22 pm

I hope I am not repeating this video from an earlier post but i just watched this clip and it talks about most of our 2013 commits in decent detail...
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Michigan-off-to-hot-recruiting-start-1102570;_ylt=Al_K9uQQ6dIV8dYD2GVBCWUcvrYF
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.    Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.  EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:30 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
If I had a dollar for every time this was posted over in the Shit forum, I'd be rich.

*(The biggest argument I hear from MSU fans for continued MSU dominance in football is "Michigan has always recruited better and we still beat them the last four years." This argument doesn't take into account unprecedented levels of attrition from those Michigan classes, and a failure to develop the players by the coaching staff (i.e. Greg Robinson). So far Michigan has shown stability that should limit attrition, and the coaching staff has taken a team that didn't fit what it wanted to do and turned it into an 11-win BCS bowl team. Two good indications that player retention and development should be much improved from the last few years. If Michigan is recruiting at a high level and developing those recruits it will be hard for Michigan State to consistently win against Michigan on the field, which should further widen the recruiting gap.)

I hear it IN PERSON every day from the sparty trolls that I live around... Mad

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.    Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan and Brady: Recruiting, the future and etc.
Page 1 of 1