Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perry say he will be Blue

Go down 
+5
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
hailtoyourvictor
gm_goblue1205
the artist formally known
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Perry say he will be Blue Empty
PostSubject: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Perry has committed to Michigan, after getting offered and deciding the 3 star WR will be part of Michigan

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:22 pm

also that Alex Malzone's teammate from HS and he's like a Jeremy Gallon type of a WR he's going to do fine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:50 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:
also that Alex Malzone's teammate from HS and he's like a Jeremy Gallon type of a WR he's going to do fine

Hail will love him them , be prepared for a bunch of stats...

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:19 pm

What's not to like about a WR that set a handful of records at Michigan despite playing with subpar QBs?

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:04 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Perfect lol!

Look at the coaching staff and record of the team over that period of time. Kind of takes the impressive factor out of Gallon's "accomplishments". Did Gallon ever receive substantial playing time during an NFL regular season game?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:33 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Perfect lol!

Look at the coaching staff and record of the team over that period of time.  Kind of takes the impressive factor out of Gallon's "accomplishments".  Did Gallon ever receive substantial playing time during an NFL regular season game?

I don't get what is not to like about Gallon. Is he the most talented receiver of all time, nope, but boy he did make the most out of his talents, and UM was damn lucky to have him. Nothing but a team guy and stand up citizen.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:43 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Perfect lol!

Look at the coaching staff and record of the team over that period of time.  Kind of takes the impressive factor out of Gallon's "accomplishments".  Did Gallon ever receive substantial playing time during an NFL regular season game?

I don't get what is not to like about Gallon.  Is he the most talented receiver of all time, nope, but boy he did make the most out of his talents, and UM was damn lucky to have him.  Nothing but a team guy and stand up citizen.

Never really said anything bad about him but he is no where near the God that 'hail portrays him to be. He didn't do anything wrong at Michigan, made the plays he was supposed to (and also was illusive as hell), but that ws in college. That's what I mainly care about but he didn't go much further, not that it was his fault, He did the best that he could do with the hand he was dealt.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:10 pm

geez- gallon had a terrific career at Michigan- not sure why that is controversial.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:19 pm

wshoes wrote:
geez- gallon had a terrific career at Michigan- not sure why that is controversial.

Agree
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:56 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Perfect lol!

So you're saying that Gallon broke records with bad QB play, bad coaching, and bad teams? That's impressive, no?

And what do post-college accolades have to do with how well he played at Michigan? There have been many great college players that amounted to squat in the NFL.

Also, I've never said Gallon was a God. I said he was a very good, not great, WR at Michigan. My stance is that he earned being in the conversation of 2nd-tier (behind the greats) Michigan WRs. Keep looking foolish on this one, 2nd.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Football is a team game, what were the team records during his career at Michigan?

College is about preparing you for life AFTER college. So basically you're saying he peaked at Michigan? I guess that is a step-up from Al Bundy but not much. Ya know, there is some truth to that. The Seahawks found a player, that played well for them, in the SUPERBOWL at a shoe store.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bev/muscle.html

My stance is that Gallon DOES NOT belong in the 2nd Tier as you are saying. He deserves to be 3rd tier, good but nothing special. He made the plays he was supposed to but IMHO you can't put the guy in the same class as Braylon, Manningham, or even Terrell. He did what he was expected to do, that's not 2nd tier. Armani Toomer, Steve Breaston, and Jason Avant would all take offense at you putting Gallon ahead of them.

The guy's been gone for years, time to get over your Lil'Man crush...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:37 pm

"football is a team game, what were the team records during his career at Michigan"

...What is even your point with that sentence? That players can't be good if their teams are bad? Surely you can't be this stupid....

No, I'm not saying he peaked at Michigan. You are being an ignorant troll that you are and putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that some players can be really good college players but not me made for the NFL. Does Chris Perry's subpar NFL career negate how special his senior season was at Michigan?

How about Mike Hart? He was terrible in the NFL. What does that have to do with how good his Michigan career was?

You're better when you aren't trolling.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:44 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Look at what you started artist...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:53 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
"football is a team game, what were the team records during his career at Michigan"

...What is even your point with that sentence? That players can't be good if their teams are bad? Surely you can't be this stupid....

No, I'm not saying he peaked at Michigan. You are being an ignorant troll that you are and putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that some players can be really good college players but not me made for the NFL. Does Chris Perry's subpar NFL career negate how special his senior season was at Michigan?

How about Mike Hart? He was terrible in the NFL. What does that have to do with how good his Michigan career was?

There was no one else on the team that could make a fricking catch. Obviously, other than Denard, no one could run the ball with the horrific OL Michigan had. Seriously, can you read? I've said that Gallon was good. But he's not "very good" or second tier as you say.

Are you seriously comparing Gallon to Perry and Hart? Those two would be included in Tier 2 RB's (but barely). Perry and Hart did make NFL rosters and play in regular season games. Gallon not so much. Perry and Hart also played in The Rose Bowl, Gallon not so much.

I have no idea why you are saying that I am trolling. Do you understand the meaning of that word?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:00 pm

You struggle with basic reasoning.

Chris Perry and Mike Hart are examples that show players can be very good in college but not NFL caliber. Do you understand this simple fact?

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:08 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

There was no one else on the team that could make a fricking catch.  Obviously, other than Denard, no one could run the ball with the horrific OL Michigan had.  Seriously, can you read?  I've said that Gallon was good.  But he's not "very good" or second tier as you say.

Are you seriously comparing Gallon to Perry and Hart?  Those two would be included in Tier 2 RB's (but barely).  Perry and Hart did make NFL rosters and play in regular season games.  Gallon not so much.  Perry and Hart also played in The Rose Bowl, Gallon not so much.

I have no idea why you are saying that I am trolling.  Do you understand the meaning of that word?

Have you ever watched a football game? Seriously....

Football 101:
Without a run threat (especially play action), safeties can drop back and double team WRs.
Without other WR threats, the defense could key in on Gallon.

Let me guess, now you are going to tell me that playing with terrible passers (Denard and Gardner) had no impact on Gallon's play.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:11 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Perfect lol!

I don't get what is not to like about Gallon.  Is he the most talented receiver of all time, nope, but boy he did make the most out of his talents, and UM was damn lucky to have him.  Nothing but a team guy and stand up citizen.

Never really said anything bad about him but he is no where near the God that 'hail portrays him to be.  He didn't do anything wrong at Michigan, made the plays he was supposed to (and also was illusive as hell), but that ws in college.  That's what I mainly care about but he didn't go much further, not that it was his fault,  He did the best that he could do with the hand he was dealt.

Being an idiot is one thing, but when did you become a liar?

"And we aren't debating whether Gallon is "good or great". You referred to him has average. 2nd has referred to him as not good. I'm merely stating that he is good.

Since 1980 (I might be missing some)

Great Michigan WRs:
Desmond Howard
Braylon Edwards
Anthony Carter

Good Michigan WRs:

Mario Manningham
David Terrell
Amani Toomer
Marqise Walker
Jeremy Gallon

Average WRs
Jason Avant
Adrian Arrington
Junior Hemingway
Roy Roundtree
Tai Streets
Derrick Alexander

If you agree that Jeremy Gallon belongs in that tier of Michigan WRs, then we agree. The feeling I get is that you guys believe he belongs a tier lower (the "Average" tier).
"

Lie less.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:56 pm

I believe that you need more Tiers.  Only 3 levels is a disservice and insulting to those that I mentioned.  They aren't greats but they were better than average...

Our point is that you do not give many Michigan players enough credit when you lump them in with Gallon.  I can't, in good faith, call Gallon a great WR when only given 3 choices.

Yes, 2nd and myself are one and the same.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Last edited by TheNewBlueOrder on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:59 pm

On signing day for the 2015 (FIFTEEN) team, can't we find something else to bicker about...?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:00 am

time to lock this debate up

PostSubject: Re: Perry say he will be Blue   Perry say he will be Blue Empty

Back to top Go down

Perry say he will be Blue
Page 1 of 1