Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Player comments on 4 hour practices

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
MichiganFootball13
GOBLUEJOE66
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Player comments on 4 hour practices Empty
PostSubject: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 2:53 pm

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/Michigan-Practice-Updates-36235413?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=8b13fcfbfe-150317_Michigan+Wolverines&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-8b13fcfbfe-220943373

I like it!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Actually pretty sad that it surprises them when we had over 4 hour practices for the first two weeks in HS ball. If my school did it, Michigan damn well should have been.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:59 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
Actually pretty sad that it surprises them when we had over 4 hour practices for the first two weeks in HS ball.  If my school did it, Michigan damn well should have been.

I'm going to sound like an old guy here, but I remember 3-4 hour practices without water because "drinking water makes you cramp up". Obviously you need a lot of water to hydrate, but just saying that 4 hour practices shouldn't be a shocker.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm going to sound like an old guy here, but I remember 3-4 hour practices without water because "drinking water makes you cramp up".  Obviously you need a lot of water to hydrate, but just saying that 4 hour practices shouldn't be a shocker.

You forgot to add, "now get off my lawn!"
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 9:03 pm

About time these players man up. I really wanted him to succeed, but I am sooo glad Atta-boy Brady is gone. These players WILL be coached up.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 9:33 pm

New coach, new system, bringing in new tougher attitute & discipline, seperating the men from the boys, having 4hr practices in the spring is fantastic!!!

As for August, I think week of the 3rd practice starts. Probably just shorts & helmets.

I'm guessing the week of the 10th starts hitting, then theres the week of the 17th.

Since game is on thurs. 9/3, I'm guessing again but have to believe game week preperation starts on the 24th. Fly to Utah on tues the 1st, game day on the 3rd.

Point I'm trying to make about hitting is, I take care of sports injuries so my opinion is from a different view. You can't spend 4hrs a day beating the shit out of each other for 3 weeks, then expect to beat Utah. The body can't that much punishment.

Want to call me a wimp, a pussy, fine. Spring ball is every other day, having a day to rest in between is good. Yes I understand this is FB, NOT the cross country, water polo or chess team. Yes you need to be a tough SOB but you don't need to hit that much during the season.

Week of August 10th want to hit for 4hrs, go for it. But the week of the 17th need to cut back. 2hrs of hitting is fine. Week of the 24th, hopefully a little less hitting.

I'm sure the players are enjoying it now. New coach & staff they want to impress. I'm sure or atleast hope team is sick of losing you add in Harbaughs enthusiasm & energy, yea the players are fired up.

HS FB in Michigan you can only hit once a day during 2-a-day practices. During the season you can only hit twice during the week. Now you can see MHSAA is gone soft, is a wimp. But we know more about concussions, know more injuries, the toll hitting takes on the body.

Anybody agree or am I about to get ripped apart?

GO BLUE!!!

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:24 am

booboo wrote:
New coach, new system, bringing in new tougher attitute & discipline, seperating the men from the boys, having 4hr practices in the spring is fantastic!!!

As for August, I think week of the 3rd practice starts. Probably just shorts & helmets.

I'm guessing the week of the 10th starts hitting, then theres the week of the 17th.

Since game is on thurs. 9/3, I'm guessing again but have to believe game week preperation starts on the 24th. Fly to Utah on tues the 1st, game day on the 3rd.

Point I'm trying to make about hitting is, I take care of sports injuries so my opinion is from a different view. You can't spend 4hrs a day beating the shit out of each other for 3 weeks, then expect to beat Utah. The body can't that much punishment.

Want to call me a wimp, a pussy, fine. Spring ball is every other day, having a day to rest in between is good. Yes I understand this is FB, NOT the cross country, water polo or chess team. Yes you need to be a tough SOB but you don't need to hit that much during the season.

Week of August 10th want to hit for 4hrs, go for it. But the week of the 17th need to cut back. 2hrs of hitting is fine. Week of the 24th, hopefully a little less hitting.

I'm sure the players are enjoying it now. New coach & staff they want to impress. I'm sure or atleast hope team is sick of losing you add in Harbaughs enthusiasm & energy, yea the players are fired up.

No way are they hitting for 4 hours. Even Harbaugh said as much. He doesn't like to spend a lot of time in the meeting rooms. He has been quoted as saying they do a lot of "class on the grass". The coaches do their teaching outside.

Also, NCAA restricts how much hitting can be done. This is spring, not in season. More weeding out has to happen at this time so when the season starts you can game plane with the best available.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:11 am

Bo's early teams did a lot of full contact because nothing gets you prepared to hit and be hit like contact but since then restrictions have been tightened and also the scholarship limits were imposed. Back in the days of unlimited scholarships the top teams stockpiled guys and you were in a better position to deal with injuries from practicing.

I think what is different (from what I've been hearing) under JH is that the practice time is fully utilized with activity as opposed to half of the team standing around watching the other half.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player comments on 4 hour practices   Player comments on 4 hour practices Empty

Back to top Go down

Player comments on 4 hour practices
Page 1 of 1