Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Helmet stickers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Hot button issue. I hope it happens.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/03/michigan_says_no_decisions_off.html
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:32 pm

I can take them or leave them. If coach thinks they are useful incentives then I'm ok with it. Generally don't favor the clutter on the helmet.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 10:29 pm

wshoes wrote:
I can take them or leave them. If coach thinks they are useful incentives then I'm ok with it. Generally don't favor the clutter on the helmet.

I pretty much agree with 'shoes. If Michigan has them fine, but it's not like I hate ohio state for them (I have more than enough other reasons for that).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:50 am

I liked the helmet stickers, and all things Bo, but hated, hated, hated a QB wearing #98. And do-nothing Funchess wearing #1? Give me a f-ing break.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 8:26 am

dwoody wrote:
I liked the helmet stickers, and all things Bo, but hated, hated, hated a QB wearing #98. And do-nothing Funchess wearing #1? Give me a f-ing break.

that's the problem with giving guys jerseys based on expectations- but by the same token I am totally against the "earning" the right to wear #1 or whatever. If you promise it as a recruiting incentive and they don't pan out-oh well. We had mediocre #1s after AC, but we just remember the great ones as we should. I do not like a kid changing numbers mid career- like Kovacs for instance.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:12 am

wshoes wrote:
dwoody wrote:

that's the problem with giving guys jerseys based on expectations- but by the same token I am totally against the "earning" the right to wear #1 or whatever. If you promise it as a recruiting incentive and they don't pan out-oh well. We had mediocre #1s after AC, but we just remember the great ones as we should. I do not like a kid changing numbers mid career- like Kovacs for instance.

I agree with shoes. But I don't mind a number changes. For instance, if an upper classman has the number you want and you have to wait for it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 3:12 pm

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/michigan-big-ten/report-jim-harbaugh-is-bringing-back-helmet-stickers-for-michigans-helmets

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:26 pm

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Helmet-Stickers-In-Legends-Jerseys-Out-36435631

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 7:48 pm

I am still open to players earning the #1 jersey.

I like the stickers but UM has the best helmet so I always get weary when they mess it. I was not a fan of the grey facemasks and numbers on the helmet during the Sugar bowl a few years back.

BetterThansparty

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:00 pm

The #1 jersey MUST be earned. I don't care what anyone thinks. That being said the numbers 2 and 21 also need to be earned (just not to the same extent).

Stickers I'm ok with. Those stupid numbers on the helmets along with the grey facemasks I can do without. Yes I know the numbers were a reflection on a time long since passed (read history) but I personally didn't like it.

I'm kind of mixed on the legends jersey's. It's not a bad idea but just don't give them out to give them out, and fer-God's-sake don't let a QB wear #98!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 8:37 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
The #1 jersey MUST be earned.  I don't care what anyone thinks.  That being said the numbers 2 and 21 also need to be earned (just not to the same extent).

Stickers I'm ok with.  Those stupid numbers on the helmets along with the grey facemasks I can do without.  Yes I know the numbers were a reflection on a time long since passed (read history) but I personally didn't like it.

I'm kind of mixed on the legends jersey's.  It's not a bad idea but just don't give them out to give them out, and fer-God's-sake don't let a QB wear #98!  

Did AC earn it? Nope. Did Butterfield earn it? Nope. Did Terrell earn it? Nope. Use it as a recruiting tool, just like Bo did after AC. Lloyd used it to motivate Edwards, and that was smart at the time, but that was it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helmet stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet stickers   Helmet stickers Empty

Back to top Go down

Helmet stickers
Page 1 of 1