Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dhani Jones

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 10:33 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/04/ex-michigan_lb_dhani_jones_in.html

interesting

discuss

fishgoblue22

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Stupid. Players know the risks and rewards of playing football. If you dont want to face the risk, don't play. But taking helmets off is the dumbest thing I've heard.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm not saying I'm for or against it but I will say that it's a very outside-of-the-box approach to teaching proper tackling technique.

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:36 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Stupid.  Players know the risks and rewards of playing football.  If you dont want to face the risk, don't play.  But taking helmets off is the dumbest thing I've heard.

Once again 'fish, I disagree. I'm not necessarily in favor of the no helmet thing but I see Jones' point. Players DO NOT know the risks. It won't happen to me, it's part of development. Everyone has a personal fable...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6536498

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:43 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Stupid.  Players know the risks and rewards of playing football.  If you dont want to face the risk, don't play.  But taking helmets off is the dumbest thing I've heard.

Once again 'fish, I disagree.  I'm not necessarily in favor of the no helmet thing but I see Jones' point.  Players DO NOT know the risks.  It won't happen to me, it's part of development.  Everyone has a personal fable...

If they don't know the risks, they need to turn on ESPN for 5 minutes and they will hear the risks. I'm tired of hearing about it.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Of course, as usual, "South Park" recently spoke to this issue. Sarcasticball, anyone?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Once again 'fish, I disagree.  I'm not necessarily in favor of the no helmet thing but I see Jones' point.  Players DO NOT know the risks.  It won't happen to me, it's part of development.  Everyone has a personal fable...

If they don't know the risks, they need to turn on ESPN for 5 minutes and they will hear the risks.  I'm tired of hearing about it.

It's not just the "kids" who don't reralize the risks, adults do not realize the risks either. no offense but you're proving my point. You're in complete denial.

ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT CALLING FOR A BANISHMENT FOR FOOTBALL OR ANY OTHER CONTACT SPORT. I'M JUST SAYING NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE GETTING INTO IF SOMETHING HAPPENS. PLUS NO ONE THINKS IT WILL HAPPEN TO THEM.

http://www.disaster-resource.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=301:the-safety-myth-it-wont-happen-to-me&catid=4:human-concerns

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:18 am

Just because someone thinks it won't happen to them doesn't mean they don't know the risks. I ride a motorcycle, I've been hit twice by cars. I got survived both times with relatively minor injuries. I still ride a motorcycle because I don't think it will happen again, but I know damn well that it could happen again.

People aren't idiots. We don't need big brother telling us something is bad for us. People know and do it anyway. That's the great thing about free will. I can make my own choices. I then live with the results of those choices.

Heck, I smoked for 20 years. I knew it was bad for me. I still did it.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:12 am

yea good point Fish

I also think there is a big difference between "won't happen me" and "could happen to me" and I agree (in part) with your statement that
People aren't idiots. We don't need big brother telling us something is bad for us.

while it's true that we don't need someone telling us something is or isn't bad for us for every single thing, it's true for most things at first and IMO it was certainly true for football and the safety risks involved, including concussions. But the risk of concussion has been address enough over the last decade that people definitely know the risk by now. Football is dangerous, and when you play it you risk physical harm, to include concussions. Seriously who doesn't know that by now?

sure, I would absolutely agree that we don't know everything about concussions. Hell I might even agree that we haven't even scratched the surface on the effects of concussions, but we do know that football is violent and concussions are a possibility. So now the responsibility of the results from one's choice to play football should fall on those who choose to play.

Back to the OT, I think I'm swaying towards the opinion of no leather helmets on game days but I think it would be a clever teaching tactic that I wouldn't mind seeing some team try in practice someday. I'd be curious to see measurable results of that teaching tactic.

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:41 pm

I hear you but trust me, no you do not know what is possible until it is too late. Neurological injuries aren't simple, they don't go away, and very rarely can you overcome them (even if you do they are still present forever). If people knew about them they'd be very hesitant to do anything where it's likely to sustain one.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:05 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
I hear you but trust me, no you do not know what is possible until it is too late.  Neurological injuries aren't simple, they don't go away, and very rarely can you overcome them (even if you do they are still present forever).  If people knew about them they'd be very hesitant to do anything where it's likely to sustain one.

I know that it's possible to get hurt.

I know that it's possible that a neurological injury won't go away.

I know that it's possible that you can very rarely overcome them.

I choose to play with this knowledge.

that is the point.

end of discussion.

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:55 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
I hear you but trust me, no you do not know what is possible until it is too late.  Neurological injuries aren't simple, they don't go away, and very rarely can you overcome them (even if you do they are still present forever).  If people knew about them they'd be very hesitant to do anything where it's likely to sustain one.

that is the point.

end of discussion.

You don't know what it is like living in a post-injury state. I've counseled many clients who would give anything to go back and change stupid mistakes (their words, not mine) that led to their injury. It's not a broken arm, it's everything...

You don't know. You don't want to know.

Your comment proved my point.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:

that is the point.

end of discussion.

You don't know what it is like living in a post-injury state.  I've counseled many clients who would give anything to go back and change stupid mistakes (their words, not mine) that led to their injury.  It's not a broken arm, it's everything...

You don't know.  You don't want to know.

Your comment proved my point.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU 4 YEAR OLD DICK!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER SAID I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LIVE IN A POST INJURY STATE. I ONLY SAID I KNOW THAT I UNDERSTAND THAT BEING IN THAT STATE IS A POSSIBILITY SHOULD I GET HURT. I MAKE THE CHOICE TO PLAY REGARDLESS.

PLEASE GO BACK AND FIND WHERE I SAID THAT I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE IN A POST INJURY STATE

PLEASE GO BACK AND FIND WHERE I SAID THAT I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE IN A POST INJURY STATE

I TEND TO GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT ON MOST OF YOUR POST BUT YOU'RE JUST TWISTING MY WORDS TO MAKE YOUR POINT ON THIS ONE.

STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS

SEE I CAN BE A JUVENILE DICK TOO ASSHOLE.

OK NOW YOU CAN BAN ME ADMIN

I'M DONE WITH THIS CUNT

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Don't ban him, he just doesn't know. Nor does the vast majority of society and that is actually a good thing. I've heard some people compare it to a living hell, a very small number of others freely admit that it was horrible and they wished it didn't happen but it afforded them opportunities that they did not have previously.

BTW 'eggo, the knowledge that you stated is insignificant. And to answer the question that you asked a dozen times no, you did not say that you knew what it was like. That is what this whole thing is about. If you knew you might think differently. I've got a very good idea yet I would still play, I'd just be a bit more careful.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:51 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Don't ban him, he just doesn't know.  Nor does the vast majority of society and that is actually a good thing.  I've heard some people compare it to a living hell, a very small number of others freely admit that it was horrible and they wished it didn't happen but it afforded them opportunities that they did not have previously.

BTW 'eggo, the knowledge that you stated is insignificant.  And to answer the question that you asked a dozen times no, you did not say that you knew what it was like.  That is what this whole thing is about.  If you knew you might think differently.  I've got a very good idea yet I would still play, I'd just be a bit more careful.

YOU ARE A REAL PIECE OF WORK

I AM CONVINCED YOU TRULY ARE A JUST AT WORLD CLASS TROLL

GO BACK AND READ MY REPLY TO FISH. MY REPLY IS NOT ABOUT YOUR POINT THAT PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE A NEUROLOGICAL INJURY. BUT YOU KEEP TWISTING IT TO MAKE IT SO.

STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.

MY REPLY TO FISH WAS ABOUT PEOPLE KNOWING THERE IS A CHANCE TO GET HURT, NO MATTER IF IT'S A SIMPLE SCRATCH OR A BROKEN NECK OR BECOMING A VEGETABLE THE REST OF YOU LIFE. THEY MAKE THE CHOICE TO PLAY ANYWAY.

SO WHAT IF NOT ALL PARENTS, HIGH SCHOOL KIDS, COACHES, ETC THAT PLAY AND COACH THE GAME DON'T KNOW THE EXACT SCIENCE BEHIND A CONCUSSION. THAT'S NOT MY POINT.

THEY KNOW THEY CAN GET HURT, THEY KNOW IT CAN BE DEVASTATING IF NOT IMMEDIATE THEN DOWN THE ROAD AND THEY MAKE THE CHOICE TO PLAY ANYWAY. THAT IS MY POINT.

STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.
STOP TWISTING MY WORDS.

"...but we do know that football is violent and concussions are a possibility. So now the responsibility of the results from one's choice to play football should fall on those who choose to play..."

YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE.

BUT THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW HOW WRONG I AM WITH MY OWN THOUGHT AND OPINION THAT YOU TWISTED AROUND TO MAKE YOUR ASSHOLE POINT.

ASSHOLE.

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 3:58 am

'eggo, read what I am saying. Are you drunk? My point has always been that people do not understand just exactly what a neurological injury is an how it can affect you. It isn't something the heals or can be masked. It doesn't only affect you while you walk, it takes over your life. It is an invisible disability that no one can see. No one totally understands it, that's all that I have ever been saying.

Write "STOP TWISTING MY WORDS." a few more times, it still won't work but if it makes you feel better so be it.

'fish and myself seemingly disagree on almost everything but we do not call each other names.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:45 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
'eggo, read what I am saying.  Are you drunk?  My point has always been that people do not understand just exactly what a neurological injury is an how it can affect you.  It isn't something the heals or can be masked.  It doesn't only affect you while you walk, it takes over your life.  It is an invisible disability that no one can see.  No one totally understands it, that's all that I have ever been saying.

Write "STOP TWISTING MY WORDS." a few more times, it still won't work but if it makes you feel better so be it.

'fish and myself seemingly disagree on almost everything but we do not call each other names.

READ WHAT I AM SAYING. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR POINT

YOUR POINT WAS NOT THE ORIGINAL POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE/AGREE UPON WITH FISH.

I DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE FULL RISK OF A BRAIN INJURY.

I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE

MY POINT IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN THAT PEOPLE KNOW THERE IS RISK TO GET INJURED. PEOPLE THAT ARE COMPLETELY HEALTHY AND HAVE NEVER BEEN INJURED IN THEIR LIFE UNDERSTAND THERE IS RISK INVOLVED.

WHO GIVES A FUCK IF THEY KNOW THE FULL EXTENT OF THE INJURY. THEY KNOW THERE IS RISK.  THEY  PLAY ANYWAY. THEY DON'T NEED BIG BRO STEPPING IN. THEY KNOW THERE IS RISK.

THEY MAKE THE CHOICE TO PLAY ANYWAY.

THAT WAS MY POINT. AND YOU COME IN AND TELL ME I'M WRONG BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE FULL EXTENT OF BRAIN INJURIES. FUCK YOU.

AND I'M NOT FISH. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF I GET BANNED. YOU'RE A DICK.

GOBLUEJOE66

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:02 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
'eggo, read what I am saying.  Are you drunk?  My point has always been that people do not understand just exactly what a neurological injury is an how it can affect you.  It isn't something the heals or can be masked.  It doesn't only affect you while you walk, it takes over your life.  It is an invisible disability that no one can see.  No one totally understands it, that's all that I have ever been saying.

READ WHAT I AM SAYING. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR POINT

YOUR POINT WAS NOT THE ORIGINAL POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE/AGREE UPON WITH FISH.

I DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE FULL RISK OF A BRAIN INJURY.

I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE
I DON'T CARE

MY POINT IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN THAT PEOPLE KNOW THERE IS RISK TO GET INJURED. PEOPLE THAT ARE COMPLETELY HEALTHY AND HAVE NEVER BEEN INJURED IN THEIR LIFE UNDERSTAND THERE IS RISK INVOLVED.

WHO GIVES A FUCK IF THEY KNOW THE FULL EXTENT OF THE INJURY. THEY KNOW THERE IS RISK.  THEY  PLAY ANYWAY. THEY DON'T NEED BIG BRO STEPPING IN. THEY KNOW THERE IS RISK.

THAT WAS MY POINT. AND YOU COME IN AND TELL ME I'M WRONG BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE FULL EXTENT OF BRAIN INJURIES. FUCK YOU.

AND I'M NOT FISH. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF I GET BANNED. YOU'RE A DICK.

THAT WAS MY POINT.

I agree that the above was his point and was very clear!!!!    

Go Blue    Smile

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:34 pm

And I said that they have no idea of the possible consequences.  I added that I do but I I'd still play, because of the natural feeling that "It won't happen to me."  People, especially kids, have a sense of being immortal.

But the fact remains that they don't know.  A lot of high profile people will not allow their children to play football.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/11/9-nflers-who-wont-let-their-sons-play-football.html

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:06 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
And I said that they have no idea of the possible consequences.  I added that I do but I I'd still play, because of the natural feeling that "It won't happen to me."  People, especially kids, have a sense of being immortal.

But the fact remains that they don't know.  A lot of high profile people will not allow their children to play football.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/11/9-nflers-who-wont-let-their-sons-play-football.html

YOU ARE AMAZING. YOU SIR WILL ALWAYS BE THE INTERNET'S BIGGEST TROLL.

FUCKING AMAZING Rolling Eyes

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:08 am

2ND 23:24 - "Father, forgive them, for they do not know you can get brain injury"

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:14 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
...And I said that they have no idea of the possible consequences...

COMPLETELY MISSED MY ORIGINAL POINT. HUGE SWING AND A MISS. HUGE!

I ONLY STATED THAT THEY KNOW THEY CAN GET HURT. WAY TO TWIST MY WORDS TO MAKE YOUR POINT THOUGH.

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:04 pm

There is a world of difference between knowing that you can get hurt and knowing HOW you are hurt. Ifd you could actually read you would have noticed that sure they thought thst they would could be injured such as a broken leg or something THAT HEALS but neurologicsl injuries are far more severe and for the most part they do not heal. They are far more complex.

You keep proving my point with your denial. I'm curious why you keep doing this although you have already lost. It sounds like you'll just keep throwing sh!t against the wall hoping that it'll stick...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:14 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
There is a world of difference between knowing that you can get hurt and knowing HOW you are hurt.  Ifd you could actually read you would have noticed that sure they thought thst they would could be injured such as a broken leg or something THAT HEALS but neurologicsl injuries are far more severe and for the most part they do not heal.  They are far more complex.

You keep proving my point with your denial.  I'm curious why you keep doing this although you have already lost.  It sounds like you'll just keep throwing sh!t against the wall hoping that it'll stick...

AGAIN FOR THE LAST TIME I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR POINT. IT WAS NOT THE POINT I WAS MAKING. YOUR POINT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AS YOU JUST SAID ABOVE YET YOU TRIED TO SPIN MY WORDS TO MAKE YOUR POINT AND THEN FOLLOWED UP BY SAYING WAS WRONG ABOUT A POINT I WASN'T EVEN TRYING TO MAKE.

UNTIL ADMIN BANS ME I'M GOING TO TROLL TO SHIT OUT YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE AN ASS.

ALSO FUNNY HOW YOU TURNED THIS INTO A COMPETITION SAYING I LOST. YOU ARE PATHETIC.

dwoody

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:00 pm

'EGGO: STOP YELLING!!! YOU TWO (BOTH OF YOU) ARE ACTING LIKE SEVENTH-GRADE GIRLS ON THE RAG!!!
Jesus Christ!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 pm

dwoody wrote:
'EGGO: STOP YELLING!!! YOU TWO (BOTH OF YOU) ARE ACTING LIKE SEVENTH-GRADE GIRLS ON THE RAG!!!
Jesus Christ!

Finally something that I agree with in this thread (well, I'm not a 7th grade girl on the rag). I'm just an idiot as I always respond when 'eggo baits me, my bad. This is very surprising as he has never acted this way before, but I won't judge him.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dhani Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dhani Jones   Dhani Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Dhani Jones
Page 1 of 1