Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!

Go down 
+2
MGOBLUEBC
GOBLUEJOE66
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! Empty
PostSubject: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 4:41 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/04/michigan_will_not_host_a_home.html?utm_medium=twitter

Go Blue!! Smile

MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 5:41 pm

And yet, OSU is having 4 night games. Would seem like they're going to get a lot of exposure to recruits if they're on TV.

So, why did we put up lights?

I don't know......I think Hackett is dropping the ball here.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 5:52 pm

I have to agree from a recruiting aspect. I'm not a big fan of night games, but the recruits do seem to like them. Maybe he should have scheduled one before the other opponents did? Oh well, it is what it is. I wonder if anyone else we play on the road will schedule one? In a way, that wouldn't surprise me.

Good question on the lights.

Go Blue!! Smile

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Absolutely shocked and disappointed by this. I agree MGo. Why have the lights? Huge mistake. Missed opportunity to get the crowd into it. Other schools have known the advantage night games bring them for years. Apparently Michigan has not figured that out.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:43 pm

It's not a mistake. If you think about it, this does not come as a surprise. Look at the schedule, no one game looks special enough for a night game. Sure the sparty and suckeye games are big BUT the suckeye game is, per tradition, the last weekend in November. Weather may be a factor, you don't need to chance it being really cold. The sparty game is only in mid-October so the weather might still be decent football weather but would it be a good impact on recruiting if we *lost* that game? Maybe in a couple years we could do but but Coach Harbaugh just got here, we do not need bad press. We could also lose the ohio state game so even if you are ok with chancing bthe weather you don't want to lose at home to your rival on national tv.

Rutgers, even though it's only three weeks later than sparty it still is in November. Plus, it's Rutgers. That's a lot of work for Rutgers.

Northwestern is someone worthy of a night game (almost) but that is bsased on their academic standing. This isn't quiz-busters though. It's early in the year so weather shouldn't be a factor but it's Homecoming. Homecoming is about money, bringing back alumni with fat checkbooks so they can give the university money. You can't keep their attention, much less bladder-control, that long.

The other three home games are all in September so weather is no problem. They are three west coast schools though with very little history. It's also a possibility that it goes against BYU's religion to play that late on a Saturday (you know Mormons).

There are no real opportunities for a home night game this year.

In 2016 there are two good possibilities. Either Wisconsin (10/1) or Penn State (10/15). Penn State has already played at night here so maybe Wiscy ill get it? Who knows? Either way thre will be a night game (a very small chance of two) in 2016.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:34 am

So, I guess the weather in the winter time to have a hockey game at the Big House is no concern but to have a night game in November is? OK, makes sense. Geez.

By the way, OSU is playing Rutgers & Minnesota at night at the shoe. Hardly 'special' teams there.

IMO Michigan is really looking like 'old school' by not having night games. Practically all the power house teams have night games anymore. No wonder we have a hard time getting 5 * athletes to commit.....who would want to play for a boring program?

I don't know, maybe I'm just over reacting. I just think things like this does not help us compete with Ohio State.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:58 am

ohio is weird. Michigan is already playing three night-games this year, why force another one just so we can host one? As previously mentioned, o$u and sparty would be ugly even if it wasn't for the weather. Drunk spartys or suckeye wouldn't be a good thing in Ann Arbor.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:06 am

I'm with Newblue- 3 total night games is plenty. There are no good candidates for a night game at home this year. OSU and MSU are huge events at any time they are played. OSU is too late in the year- if you want to go to an outdoor hockey game in Jan- that's fine, I don't. On top of this the drunkeness of the OSU and MSU fans during the day is one thing at night in the dark when we have thousands of innocent people roaming the streets of Ann Arbor- that's a risk that can be avoided.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:26 am

No home night game? So, what? The schedule just doesn't work for this year. If the lack of a home night game this season costs us a recruit, i have to wonder about the kid's priorities. This is Michigan, fergodsakes! Come here for the school and the program, not the game start times.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 4:30 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
So, I guess the weather in the winter time to have a hockey game at the Big House is no concern but to have a night game in November is? OK, makes sense. Geez.

BTW, hockey players/fans are tough. We can hack it. And the Hockey games are not night (at least the outdoor games).

Additionally, it's not 100% certain yet but it looks like Michigan Hockey will not be playing an outdoor game next year. This will be the first year since the craze began. I know myself, as well as many other hockey purists, hope that it's over. The game is different outside, sure the players like it for the experience and I can respect that. Maybe hold one every 3 or 4 years but any more than that would be overkill IMHO.

Football is different, you can play football outside (you typically do anyway), but it isn't a new experience for all of the student-athletes. They all went to Hgh School, most football games in High School are played at night. Plus Michigan already plays THREE NIHT GAMES this year. Does it really matter?

Thanks for the support 'shoes and 'woody.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!   Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Here is the answer to the night game in AA question!!
Page 1 of 1