Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?

Go down 
+2
joe
Admin
6 posters

a) We are awesome. I am awesome.
How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_lcap41%How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
b) I'm so jacked up I refuse to do chores today.
How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_lcap24%How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
c) I'm so pumped I might drive to Columbus and smack someone.
How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_lcap18%How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
d) I'm already drinking because I'm so happy.
How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_lcap17%How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
e) What? Did I miss something? What are you talking about?
How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_lcap0%How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Empty
PostSubject: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:29 pm

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:31 pm

LOL, I voted for the top 3!!!!

I'm GEEKED DOOD!

This is supposed to be the time we all go nuts because it's so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Not any more!

Brsdy, Shane, Greg, WELL DONE FELLAS!!!!!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 pm

I think I'm gonna go with "We are awesome. I am awesome."

Both statements are FACT.

lol!

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:35 pm

Gotta admit, I'm in a pretty good mood.

Seems like every day something good might happen.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:33 pm

I hate to be the voice of reason as all this recruiting news is very good to hear but we still have over 11 months until signing day. Plus, we also have an entire season to play yet before these guys every put on the Michigan uniformform to play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy right now but I just want to temper my expectations a little. A few of these guys "might" change their mind (they are teen-agers), a couple of them may Red-shirt, or a couple of them may bust.

Things are looking up butremember guys, we're Michigan, we've been there before. Let's act like it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:40 pm

I respectfully have to say screw that.

We've been there before, but we also just went through the worst 3 years our program has seen in the modern game. Not to mention we've got a new leader as well. Those two things combined bring about a new excitement surrounding this program. And with the '12 class he just signed 3 weeks ago, and now 13 (ok 12) STUDS verbally committing to come play in AA in '13, I'm as giddy as a teenage girl at a Justin Beiber concert.

I can't help it.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Yes, the Rich Clod years were the dark years however, remember what Coach Hoke said when asked if Michigan was in rebuilding mode: "We're Michigan. We have kids who know they're Michigan. So, I don't put any stock into that."

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-football/rebuilding-michigan-football-coach-brady-hoke-doesnt-buy-it/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:11 pm

No, I definitely know what you mean.

I don't think rebuilding is the right term. Perhaps refinishing? I don't know. 3 tough years won't kill a program like Michigan. But it did set us back, and we are still playing catchup with Ohio. Despite our '12 class and the prospect of how high our '13 class could end up, we're still trying to have a talented, DEEP roster. The Suckeyes have that, or did up until this year anyway.

Once we have equal or better talent at nearly every position, we'll reclaim the throne. For whatever reason, over the history of the rivalry, we've had their number. Sometimes with more talent, sometimes with equal, and sometimes with much less. But to have a decisive advantage in the overall series record says something. So, like I said, once we get there with talent, we will take back over. According to history, that's just the way it works out : )

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:45 pm

But the over-all series only has us up by what, 14 games? I wouldn't call that decisive, it's a great rivalry with its ebs and flows. Let's leave it at that.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Old Mike

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:52 pm

I agree with 2ndcoming. While our coaching staff is having great success in restoring the Michigan "brand" throughout the country, and that a Top 5 Class seems to be in the offing for 2013, we are dealing with assorted variables we have no control over: injuries during Senior H.S. seasons, changes of heart/mind--these are teenagers "forGodsSakes--and academic issues. With that said, I am still very impressed and hopeful!! Go Blue!!
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Good, cautiously-enthusiastic (if there is any such thing) approach, Old Mike (shit---this one's probably OLDER, damnit!) and 2ndComing.

Actually, Admin, I'd be REALLY, REALLY interested to hear how OUR COACHES, from Brady on down, would answer your question!!!

What would you think they'd say? Given that so far the bulk, no pun intended, seems on the OL, I'd almost expect a different answer from BH and from GM. Now Darrell Funk has to be going frigging BANANAS!!!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:50 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I hate to be the voice of reason as all this recruiting news is very good to hear but we still have over 11 months until signing day. Plus, we also have an entire season to play yet before these guys every put on the Michigan uniformform to play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy right now but I just want to temper my expectations a little. A few of these guys "might" change their mind (they are teen-agers), a couple of them may Red-shirt, or a couple of them may bust.

Have to agree with this for several reasons.

1. We are talking 2 years away. I am worried about this year. We have Bama up first.
2. I am also worried about guys changing their mind. I have been worried about that since the big recruiting weekend. It's easy for these guys to get caught up in the moment. I don't expect a lot of kids to back out but wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 do.
3. While we are talking 2013 the reality is many of these kids may not see the field until 2014. My excitement does not see that far into the future. Hell I am trying to play it cool for 2012 let alone 2013 and 2014. If I go bat shit crazy waiting for 2013 to get here I will be pretty miserable. My excitement for the season begins in August.

That said, I am excited at the guys Hoke is recruiting. I would rather be in the position we are in than any other team in the country. Now get some skill position guys!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class?   How Pumped Are You About This '13 Class? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1