Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GARNETT PICKS STANFORD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

GARNETT PICKS STANFORD Empty
PostSubject: GARNETT PICKS STANFORD   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:14 pm

poo
Back to top Go down
BoulderMBlue

BoulderMBlue

PostSubject: Puts us in better position with Diamond   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Hope things are well with you Joe. It's rob213
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: I would have gladly   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 pm

taken both of them thank you very much! lol
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: I just don't get it.   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Stanford is a great school. He will get a great education there. Obviously education is important to him. Michigan is a pretty good education as well and a far superior football program IMO. Stanford is a bit of a wild card for football. Second year coach and just lost their all world QB. Does he know football players make more money than doctors? I know he will be closer to home. Eh....I am biased.
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Just got in....   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

saw the news...that sucks!!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Not all Football players   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:37 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Stanford is a great school. He will get a great education there. Obviously education is important to him. Michigan is a pretty good education as well and a far superior football program IMO. Stanford is a bit of a wild card for football. Second year coach and just lost their all world QB. Does he know football players make more money than doctors? I know he will be closer to home. Eh....I am biased.

Make more than doctors! lol
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Minimum NFL   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:56 am

salary is like 300k. MINIMUM. Per Forbes-Cardiologist are at the high end of the pay scale for doctors and make $442,000. Most doctors, including family practice make much less. Joe Thomas makes $8.6 million. I think I would roll the dice and go the football route.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Well, when you're a doctor   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:07 am

in the middle of surgery or even an office call, you don't have 300 pound guys trying to end your Doctor career hitting you from all sides. Smile

I think I could make it on $455,000 a year.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Sure   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:53 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
in the middle of surgery or even an office call, you don't have 300 pound guys trying to end your Doctor career hitting you from all sides. Smile

I think I could make it on $455,000 a year.

I agree you can live off of that and for most that would be a great living. This kid has an opportunity that most of us cannot fathom. He has a real shot at making a doctor's salary look like chump change.

The decision has been made so it is what it is. I am just saying he could have still had it both ways at U of M but would have gained better football experience at U of M.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: I agree with you wilie   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Plus, you could always become a doctor after football. We know the NFL stands for Not For Long.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: GARNETT PICKS STANFORD   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Interesting point. I surprised that is not mentioned more. Many athletes have gone back and completed their degrees. The name that keeps coming to mind is Myron Rolle. He was a tremendous athlete and obviously a genius. The kid had a tremendous opportunity to be a Rhode Scholar. He took time off and pursued it. When he came back to football you could clearly see he had lost a step or two.

I don't fault him in that instance because that is a tremendous honor that was bestowed upon him. I do wonder where he would be in football had he not missed any time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GARNETT PICKS STANFORD   GARNETT PICKS STANFORD Empty

Back to top Go down

GARNETT PICKS STANFORD
Page 1 of 1