Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pipkins leaving

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:01 pm

this is exactly what I didn't want to happen. Over signing is bullsh*t. 

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13154115/ondre-pipkins-says-michigan-wolverines-coach-jim-harbaugh-staff-pressured-quit

fishgoblue22

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Well, he isn't leaving until after this season. He got a redshirt.

Look, it's a business. These are adults playing the game. UM needs his scholarship.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:32 pm

And one more thing.... Let me correct myself and admit to prematurely flying off the handle.

Pip is a senior. His scholarship ends this year so it has no bearing on the 2016 scholarships. It was already gone and accounted for.

Plus UM is at 82 scholarships as we speak. Then there are 3 walk-ons expected to get scholarships as well (kerridge and the glasgows).

Plus one other thing, UM just turned away Jhonny Williams so this is a hard one to figure out at this point.

What I am saying though is that this sets the precedence for pushing people out the door when we truly are in a numbers crunch and I don't like that one bit.

One other thing, 247 $ info says that source very close to Pip (not doctors though) say that he is 100% healthy and ready to play.

Are we throwing stones in our glass house fellas?

sandyeggo_blue

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:33 pm

and just like that mgoblog wrote up a piece too

http://mgoblog.com/content/pipkins-transfer-says-he-was-pressured-sign-medical-hardship-papers

sandyeggo_blue

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:40 pm

so if Pip leaves and we only hand out schollies to the glasgows and kerridge then that leaves UM at 84. One man short.

can anyone think of any fifth yr seniors or walkons that JH would give this scholarship to? I can't

Conspiracy theorists would point out that this means that UM has their eye on a transfer. But then why not take Jhonny Williams?

This move by harbaugh make ZERO sense. Unless of course JH really does care about Pip's quality of life after football.

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:40 pm

I was all WTF until I saw that he gets to keep his football scholarship and be able to get his degree.

Of course Pipkin's cronies are going to say he is 100% healthy. Hard to imagine H would not want him with all the talent he has.

I am guessing this is a necessary evil that we have to accept. Harbaugh is getting paid a lot of money to coach the team, and the end of the day he has to do what's best for that team.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 2:47 pm

EJ it's my understanding that even if Pip stays and JH doesn't allow him to play football, he would still be counted against the 85 limit. So basically he would be able to stick around and get his degree for doing nothing. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Remember, some scholarships are handed out on a yearly basis and some are  handed out on a four year basis. Pip's was a four year, guaranteed scholarship.

And to touch a bit on Pip's "cronies". It's my understanding that they are his UM teammates. but maybe I read into that wrong.

My question here is.... Is getting rid of Pip and only having 84 scholarship kids play really what's best for the team? Especially since he is ABSOLUTELY BURIED on the depth chart. He probably wasn't going to see many snaps anyways. Remember, nowhere does Pip say anything about playing time, he only talks about the chance to play.

So to me this sounds like UM really doesn't think he should play because of injuries.

Side note: he was already cleared to play, then the same medical staff later told him no. hmmmmm.

BetterThansparty

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 3:20 pm

I'm on the fence about this. On one hand asking someone to leave the program is BS. On the other, despite conversations I've had with people on this board previously, NO ONE knows the damages/potential affects of a head injury until it's too late. Two concussions is serious. Sure he still might be able to play but sustaining a third concussion could be catastrophic. It may or may not be true that Pipkins isn't Coach Harbaugh's type of player but that is irrelevant. Pipkins going after empathy saying that he'd like to graduate with his fellow seniors is kind of weak. Is he saying that going on a medical scholarship will not afford him the same opportunity to graduate?

This does have the stink of SEC all over it but it's coming from Coach Harbaugh. As long as no one gets hurt I'm OK with it. Just beat sparty every year?

This has a slight resemblance to The Junction Boys. Not exactly but in a way.

Wait until sparty gets ahold of this...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 3:34 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
I'm on the fence about this.  On one hand asking someone to leave the program is BS.  On the other, despite conversations I've had with people on this board previously, NO ONE knows the damages/potential affects of a head injury until it's too late.  Two concussions is serious.  Sure he still might be able to play but sustaining a third concussion could be catastrophic.  It may or may not be true that Pipkins isn't Coach Harbaugh's type of player but that is irrelevant.  Pipkins going after empathy saying that he'd like to graduate with his fellow seniors is kind of weak.  Is he saying that going on a medical scholarship will not afford him the same opportunity to graduate?

This does have the stink of SEC all over it but it's coming from Coach Harbaugh.  As long as no one gets hurt I'm OK with it.  Just beat sparty every year?

This has a slight resemblance to The Junction Boys.  Not exactly but in a way.  

Wait until sparty gets ahold of this...

you gotta hold on that though. As of right now, the injury is his knee and NOT the concussions. Yes he had ONE definite concussion in spring ball but the other two are rumored at this point. I understand that the truth to these rumors is quickly building up steam but for right now, the injury in question is his knee and not his possible multiple concussions. which makes it shady because his knee was cleared and he was cleared to play, then all of the sudden it wasn't ok.

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Maybe Harbaugh has a little dirt on him, and we are just not used to it after Hoke's clean tenure. And that's fine with me, as long as he isn't breaking the rules and scaring away potential recruits. Maybe Pipkins was a serious locker room cancer and wasn't worth keeping around if he was not going to play anyway.

Harbaugh knows what he is doing, but I really doubt this would have happened under Hoke. For better or for worse.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Desmond Morgan apparently made a reference in a tweet that might suggest Pipkens is not telling the whole story.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm glad college spun could shed some light on the topic.... Rolling Eyes

http://collegespun.com/national/michigan-linebacker-desmond-morgan-fires-back-at-former-teammate-ondre-pipkins

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pipkins leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipkins leaving   Pipkins leaving Empty

Back to top Go down

Pipkins leaving
Page 1 of 1