Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.

Go down 
+6
dwoody
MgoBlue
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
hailtoyourvictor
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  Empty
PostSubject: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:40 pm

first ever football team to sign with the brand.

I don't get it.

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 8:05 pm

I fucking love it.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 3:23 am

Admin wrote:

I don't get it.

It's about money....

I blame DB Brandon, even though he is no longe here.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 6:17 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Admin wrote:

I don't get it.

It's about money....

No kidding it is about money, but why blame anyone, it's a good thing. Kids live the jump man logo. It will help in recruiting.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:42 am

First but not the last. The best thing is MICHIGAN is the first football team to get to do it. That should help with recruiting.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:20 am

Admin: Recognizing the GREAT work you have done with this site and given the topic of this thread, is it time to change the banner away from the swoosh?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:19 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Admin wrote:

I don't get it.

It's about money....

What's not to like about it?

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:19 am

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:21 am

double post

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 12:11 pm

This is yet another example of the university showing just how forward they think. in terms of marketing, brand recognition and overall buzz for the program, NOBODY is beating MICHIGAN right now. NOBODY. and that includes O$U coming off of a NC and returning a loaded team.

You win in the classroom and you win with the work you put in on the practice field but it all starts on the recruiting trail (I'm obviously a bit biased on that opinion). Fish could not have put it any better (but could have typed it better ha ha!)..... Kids love the jump man logo. No pun intended but this is a slam dunk of an idea.

To all of the other schools.... try and think of the next trend setting, out of the box idea MICHIGAN will come up with next. you can't. why? because the university is already that far ahead of you.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Fat fingers small phone.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 12:49 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
This is yet another example of the university showing just how forward they think. in terms of marketing, brand recognition and overall buzz for the program, NOBODY is beating MICHIGAN right now. NOBODY. and that includes O$U coming off of a NC and returning a loaded team.

You win in the classroom and you win with the work you put in on the practice field but it all starts on the recruiting trail (I'm obviously a bit biased on that opinion). Fish could not have put it any better (but could have typed it better ha ha!)..... Kids love the jump man logo. No pun intended but this is a slam dunk of an idea.

To all of the other schools.... try and think of the next trend setting, out of the box idea MICHIGAN will come up with next. you can't. why? because the university is already that far ahead of you.

Spot on my friend!!!! Smile

+100

Go Blue!! Smile

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Michael Figgin Jordan called Harbaugh direct. Michael Figgin Jordan is on Twitter making the announcement and saying Go Blue. Think kids will notice?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 2:04 pm

It appears recruits are noticing:

https://themichiganopinion.wordpress.com/2015/08/14/recruits-reactions-to-jordan-brand-move/
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 2:38 pm

I just have mixed reservations about putting a basketball logo on a football uniform. Not a big deal, but, it seems a little odd. I can deal with it though.

As Fish has said in the past......just win!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 4:12 pm

5 years ago if you asked me what college would be the first to wear a jumpman logo on the football field I would have said North Carolina.

If you asked me again 5 weeks ago I still would have said North Carolina.

It blows my mind that A) UNC didn't do this B) MICHIGAN did

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 7:22 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
I just have mixed reservations about putting a basketball logo on a football uniform.

It's better than putting #98 on a quarterback.....
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:30 pm

dwoody wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
I just have mixed reservations about putting a basketball logo on a football uniform.

HA!

+1

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:26 pm

dwoody wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

I can agree with that, however wearing a stupid number is all that DG shall be remembered for on the field. Terrific person, meh as a QB. He at least was on the Steelers long enough to get cut (as a WR). That says something about him having talent.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 12:09 am

DG was a great talent wasted by a bad coach. Brady was, most definitely, a nice guy, but sucked as a coach because he was not a hard ass. That should not be a problem going forward.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 3:16 am

dwoody wrote:
DG was a great talent wasted by a bad coach. Brady was, most definitely, a nice guy, but sucked as a coach because he was not a hard ass. That should not be a problem going forward.

Coach Harbaugh being too nice of a guy isn't even an idea, he's a demanding guy. I wouldn't have it any other way (neither would he).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 10:55 am

I had no issue with Devin wearing 98. It brought a lot of attention to Tom Harmon and his great career and Devin had a GREAT game against ND when he first wore it and Mark Harmon was on the field and there to watch it.

I'm very sorry how Devin's career worked out though it was largely not his fault IMO.

I think 98 on a QB was a cool thing.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 5:13 pm

wshoes wrote:
I had no issue with Devin wearing 98. It brought a lot of attention to Tom Harmon and his great career and Devin had a GREAT game against ND when he first wore it and Mark Harmon was on the field and there to watch it.

I'm very sorry how Devin's career worked out though it was largely not his fault IMO.

I think 98 on a QB was a cool thing.

Agree to disagree. If Devin had consistently played better I'm sure more people would like it. Devin's ineptitude on the field (not all his fault) is the majority of the reason that most people don't like it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 6:01 pm

I didn't like it because it just looked stupid. I don't care if he won the Heisman. It was a dumb, gimmicky idea.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 6:32 pm

I liked it. Devin should be a role model to young kids. He did everything right while at UM except play QB.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 4:28 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I liked it.  Devin should be a role model to young kids.  He did everything right while at UM except play QB.  

Totally agree, except for liking him wear #98.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 11:21 pm

according to this article Jordan called Harbaugh to ask if MICHIGAN would wear the jumpman logo

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/08/13/michigan-football-michael-jordan/31668377/

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 4:03 am

Coach Harbaugh is never leaving! He loves power and when he is asked by Jordan himself if he was willing to go Jumpman well...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.    Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Football to wear Jumpman brand, not swoosh.
Page 1 of 1