Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario... Empty
PostSubject: Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario...   Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:18 am

Animosity aside, what if, Rich Rod had, or was to be the OC instead of the head coach. And say Hoke, was the HC. What would have happened? I know they have conflicting philosophies, and Rich would likely never take an OC job.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario...   Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:25 am

Other than clapping, I'm just not sure what Hoke brought to the table. We have a great staff now and I am very happy about that.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario...   Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 1:15 pm

I assume you mean the year after LC retired (2008).

I can't see a scenario in which Hoke would have chosen RR as an OC. But if Hoke was hired in 2008, and he hired RR as an OC, and Hoke was also given money to hire a competent DC (a luxury RR never had) then I can definitely see MICHIGAN winning a big ten championship somewhere in there.

Reason being... since then UW has gone through a transition, Sparty would still have been looking for their identity early on, O$U was having problems of their own, PSU was crumbling internally, etc etc.

There would have been enough opportunities for UM to play solid and win a B1G championship.

For as much as people like to bag on RR, he never embarrassed the program off of the field, he did some good things for the community and he left a class act with his head high. And his teams were really fun to watch when they had the ball.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario...   Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 3:17 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I assume you mean the year after LC retired (2008).

I can't see a scenario in which Hoke would have chosen RR as an OC. But if Hoke was hired in 2008, and he hired RR as an OC, and Hoke was also given money to hire a competent DC (a luxury RR never had) then I can definitely see MICHIGAN winning a big ten championship somewhere in there.

Reason being... since then UW has gone through a transition, Sparty would still have been looking for their identity early on, O$U was having problems of their own, PSU was crumbling internally, etc etc.

There would have been enough opportunities for UM to play solid and win a B1G championship.

For as much as people like to bag on RR, he never embarrassed the program off of the field, he did some good things for the community and he left a class act with his head high. And his teams were really fun to watch when they had the ball.

He was creepy, trust me. I can't go into detail but I knew several women who told me of his "style". Mind you, I don't hold much against the man as he was never given a fair shake, still I blame him for UM's demise. Even though I met her multiple times and liked her as a President, Mary Sue could be blamed for Michigan's struggles. Think about it, she authorized Martin to hire Rich Clod, she hand picked DB Brandon (the Brandon thing being the most destructive).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario...   Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 5:12 pm

wshoes wrote:
Other than clapping, I'm just not sure what Hoke brought to the table. We have a great staff now and I am very happy about that.

as much as Lloyd put this program on its heels , Brandon compounded it by hiring Hoke to clap on the sidelines for four years .... RR is a top notch coach wanted by the Alabamas of college football , Hoke was a joke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario...   Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just for fun... A 'what if' scenario...
Page 1 of 1