Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

great day at the Big House

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

great day at the Big House  Empty
PostSubject: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 4:32 pm

started off with an unexpected moment before the game ... down at the bottom at midfield watching warmups , standing near the entrance to go down onto the field ... look up and Big John Falk is walking up ... took a nice picture with my son and John , great memory to have from a man who has seen it all
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Very cool Bo.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 6:22 pm

WOW Bo!!! What a great thing to happen! Jealous!!!! (j/k)

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 8:10 pm

My memory fails me Joe66 as to whether you were around for games when the real BO was coaching .... I know shoes was. .... meeting Big John was great for me cause he was a link to BO ... still waiting to run into Ricky the Peach one day .... maybe for the bucknut game
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 8:21 pm

I got to Michigan one year after Bo did and went to my first game the year before, in his first year. Truly unforgettable. I loved watching him on the sidelines. Jim is the closest thing to him.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 8:38 pm

You are right about that shoes .... my son got on me about always looking at the sideline to see what Jim was up to ... going after the ref for the roughing the kicker penalty was priceless ... reminded me of the last Bo tirade against USC in the Rose Bowl when he slipped ... at least you were a young kid , I'm a 53 year old LOL
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 12:10 am

In 1977 when he was playing at a charity golf event and I was writing and photographing sports at a small daily in Marshall, I got to have breakfast with Bo, just me and him. I lived in an apartment that was attached to the bed and breakfast where he stayed. Still one of the highlights of my professional life. I was nervous as hell and he made me feel completely at ease. This was not very long after he had bypass surgery.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:39 am

dwoody thanks for sharing- what a priceless experience!
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 3:56 pm

that must have priceless dwoody
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:43 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
My memory fails me Joe66 as to whether you were around for games when the real BO was coaching .... I know shoes was. .... meeting Big John was great for me cause he was a link to BO ... still waiting to run into Ricky the Peach one day .... maybe for the bucknut game

First game to last game and beyond BO! I remember all to well when Bo passed. Just so happens I started calling them Suckeyes when he arrived!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 pm

dwoody wrote:
In 1977 when he was playing at a charity golf event and I was writing and photographing sports at a small daily in Marshall, I got to have breakfast with Bo, just me and him. I lived in an apartment that was attached to the bed and breakfast where he stayed. Still one of the highlights of my professional life. I was nervous as hell and he made me feel completely at ease. This was not very long after he had bypass surgery.

VERY VERY jealous....and ohhhhh sooooo envious woody!!!!!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: great day at the Big House    great day at the Big House  Empty

Back to top Go down

great day at the Big House
Page 1 of 1