Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BYU set for a noon kickoff

Go down 
+6
MichiganFootball13
GOBLUEJOE66
BetterThansparty
MgoBlue
Admin
fishgoblue22
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

BYU set for a noon kickoff  Empty
PostSubject: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 12:57 pm

I was hoping for 3:30. My wife works every other weekend. I guess it will be like this week. Full social media silence. Amazingly I was able to watch last weekends game on the DVR and I had absolutely no idea how it played out. My wife new that UM won, but was able to not spoil it for me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 1:05 pm

I was hoping it would be a 3:30pm kick for tailgate reasons.

I mean, I show up at the same time no matter what, but a couple extra hours would've been nice.

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Have to be concerned about BYU. They keep pulling miracles.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Admin wrote:

I mean, I show up at the same time no matter what, but a couple extra hours would've been nice.

Coach Harbaugh is going old school as much as he can. Bo Schembechler said, “Toe meets leather at 1:05. If you want to televise it, fine. If you don’t, that’s fine too.”

That was when college games started at 1, but you get the point.

http://michiganradio.org/post/michigan-football-has-sold-its-soul-heres-how-get-it-back#stream/0

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 3:58 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Admin wrote:

Coach Harbaugh is going old school as much as he can.  Bo Schembechler said, “Toe meets leather at 1:05.  If you want to televise it, fine. If you don’t, that’s fine too.”

That was when college games started at 1, but you get the point.

http://michiganradio.org/post/michigan-football-has-sold-its-soul-heres-how-get-it-back#stream/0

Times have changed. TV decides the time, not the school.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Yes and no. The big games are typically decided by TV but not all games are worthy. Wouldn't you think that 3 west coast teams, even though they aren't great, would perform even better as a 3:30 Easten kickoff? Like I said, they aren't huge games but still. Case in point the 3:30 kickoff against Northwestern on Homecoming. Definitely not a huge game (even though all conference games are B1G- pun intended) but the University wants time for pre-game festivities.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:48 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I was hoping for 3:30.  My wife works every other weekend.  I guess it will be like this week.  Full social media silence.  Amazingly I was able to watch last weekends game on the DVR and I had absolutely no idea how it played out.  My wife new that UM won, but was able to not spoil it for me.

Awesome for your wife fish!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:36 pm

IMO, I much prefer the noon start times
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:15 pm

It's 9am my time. makes me look and feel like a total drunk sitting in a bar that early. can only use the "awesome bloody marys" excuse so much.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:07 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
It's 9am my time. makes me look and feel like a total drunk sitting in a bar that early. can only use the "awesome bloody marys" excuse so much.

I've been in California during football season in the past and yes it is a weird feeling. Walking into a Hooters at 10 am on a Sunday morning isn't right.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:36 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I've been in California during football season in the past and yes it is a weird feeling.  Walking into a Hooters at 10 am on a Sunday morning isn't right.

As long as you're not eating that food, it's always a good time to go to Hooters.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:33 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

This is my favorite post in a long, long time. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Admin wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

This is my favorite post in a long, long time. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

what makes it worse is having to babysit my wife for the last quarter and then help her walk home so she can sleep it off before dinner. not sure it's ever a good thing to be hungover before 6 pm.

unless michigan wins it's just an all around lose/lose situation for me. damn my loyalty.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Football at 9:00 a.m. just doesn't seem natural to me. I feel sorry for you west coast guys....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:13 pm

dwoody wrote:
Football at 9:00 a.m. just doesn't seem natural to me. I feel sorry for you west coast guys....

I do like the noon games when I'm not actually attending. Here in Chicago, that's an 11am kickoff, which is perfect.

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:39 pm

I lived in SoCal for 5 years and loved the early starts. I do not drink during Michigan games though (a rule I've only broken a handful of times.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:54 pm

wshoes wrote:
I lived in SoCal for 5 years and loved the early starts. I do not drink during Michigan games though (a rule I've only broken a handful of times.)

I maintain the same rule when I'm watching from home.

However, when I'm at the game... Razz Razz Razz

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Admin wrote:
wshoes wrote:

The year that we beat OSU in The Game 22-0, in the 70s (Rob Lytle was the star) we had some people over and I drank a fair amount and the next day I realized that I didn't remember many details. And in those days you didn't get replays. Generally when Michigan plays I have a laser like focus on the game and don't want anything to distract me. Now I do confess that in the last few years I have occasionally started drinking during the game with the notion that I might be better off not remembering it that well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:07 pm

wshoes wrote:
Admin wrote:
wshoes wrote:

The year that we beat OSU in The Game 22-0, in the 70s (Rob Lytle was the star) we had some people over and I drank a fair amount and the next day I realized that I didn't remember many details. And in those days you didn't get replays. Generally when Michigan plays I have a laser like focus on the game and don't want anything to distract me. Now I do confess that in the last few years I have occasionally started drinking during the game with the notion that I might be better off not remembering it that well.

I hear ya.

The last few years I have downed more than my fill before going into the stadium, and I don't remember much from those games. Unfortunately this is the case for the 2011 win over Ohio State. I couldn't tell you much from personal memory other than Braxton overthrowing a wide open receiver at the end. I broke out of my drunken stupor for that one play (for good reason...holy shit that should've been a TD). Another memory, albeit a bit embarrassing, was my soapbox display last year during the Minnesota game. I basically let everyone around me know that the program had completely hit rock bottom and that we, as fans, we're letting it happen because our dumb selves keep showing up on Saturdays (of course, the irony is that I was also in the stands that day). It wasn't good, and I look back on it now and don't feel good about it. Rolling Eyes

Last week I had just a couple mixed drinks before heading into the game. Wanted to remember the vivid moments of the game, and with a new location for season seats, thought it would be good to be on my best behavior as we met our new fellow seat mates. Even so, it's still hard to remember a ton from the game. When I watch on TV, I can tell you after the game about how terrible that 2nd and 8 call with 6 minutes left in the second quarter was ("why are we heaving it 30 yards down field there?? Run the damn ball and setup 3rd and short!!". When I leave a game after seeing it in person, even completely sober, I can't tell you a ton. I think this really speaks to the viewing experience at home now, with all the incredible camera angles and multiple replays you see of almost every play.

I still wouldn't trade it for a seat inside the Big House though. Now I just go home and rewatch the TV broadcast in the proceeding couple of days.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:14 pm

wshoes wrote:
Admin wrote:
wshoes wrote:

I stick with Miller Lite for games. I can drink a ton of them and stay alert.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 pm

[quote="fishgoblue22"][quote="wshoes"][quote="Admin"]
wshoes wrote:

I stick with Miller Lite for games.  I can drink a ton of them and stay alert.

Back in my criminal defense days, I represented more than a few DWI clients and cannot tell you how many times I heard that said!!!
BTW, where do you fall: Tastes great, or less filling?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:28 pm

...Ooops. Looking at your age, you might be too much of a whipper-snapper to understand the question!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:07 pm

dwoody wrote:
...Ooops. Looking at your age, you might be too much of a whipper-snapper to understand the question!

I'm well aware of the tastes great...less filling argument.

I guess I go for both. As for your DWI comment, I don't drink and drive. Well, never more than two. UM football in my basement with the big screen. Can't beat it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:41 pm

dwoody wrote:

For crying out loud, even I know the "Tastes great!  Less filling!" debate and I'm younger than 'fish.  Granted I think that I was only 8 years old when that was around but it is what it is.  Admin though most likely has no clue.  I'm a less filling guy myself, sure I like the way my mass produced domestic crap tastes but when I drink other actual beer I feel like I've gained 30 pounds...

(We need a beer emoticon, get on that Admin)

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 3:37 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
dwoody wrote:

For crying out loud, even I know the "Tastes great!  Less filling!" debate and I'm younger than 'fish.  Granted I think that I was only 8 years old when that was around but it is what it is.  Admin though most likely has no clue.  I'm a less filling guy myself, sure I like the way my mass produced domestic crap tastes but when I drink other actual beer I feel like I've gained 30 pounds...

(We need a beer emoticon, get on that Admin)

True
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 9:07 pm

this is the closest we have

drunken drunken

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 2:40 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
this is the closest we have

drunken drunken

Thus Admin needs to create one...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BYU set for a noon kickoff    BYU set for a noon kickoff  Empty

Back to top Go down

BYU set for a noon kickoff
Page 1 of 1