Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA

Go down 
+4
sandyeggo_blue
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA Empty
PostSubject: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:59 pm

That's pretty crazy. Homesick, apparently.

I saw on Twitter today that he was talking shit about Michigan and Harbaugh during his last visit to UCLA. That was apparently semi-substantiated by Sam Webb today on the radio.

Where do you think the kid lands?

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Admin wrote:

I saw on Twitter today that he was talking shit about Michigan and Harbaugh during his last visit to UCLA. That was apparently semi-substantiated by Sam Webb today on the radio.

My guess although 'eggo is da dude, Clark goes to Penn State.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:51 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Admin wrote:

I'll bet Harbaugh would still take him.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:41 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Admin wrote:

I don't think harbaugh would take him. He shows all of the talent/potential in the world but no heart or toughness and I've gotta think JH sees that.

Not sure how missing out on Upshur will weigh on the situation but the staff is high on McKeon and they are still pressing for Jacob Mathis.

IMO clark is a basket case that coaches should be very weary of at this point. some kids just don't have that mental edge (see tate forcier)

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:44 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Admin wrote:

I don't think harbaugh would take him. He shows all of the talent/potential in the world but no heart or toughness and I've gotta think JH sees that.

Not sure how missing out on Upshur will weigh on the situation but the staff is high on McKeon and they are still pressing for Jacob Mathis.

IMO clark is a basket case that coaches should be very weary of at this point. some kids just don't have that mental edge (see tate forcier)

It was more academics with Tate though....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:00 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Admin wrote:

say what you want about tate. quote every article on the internet with "insider knowledge". I met tate on several occasions in the 2 - 3 years before he went to UM. His dad and him would go to the same MICHIGAN bar as me and watch the games when his brother Jason was at UM. I agree that academics may have been a part of it but it was very clear to me very early into meeting tate that he was not mature enough and probably never would be.

On more occasions that I can remember, while talking, his dad would make excuses for all of his boys (especially tate). Tate never had the mental toughness because he was constantly being coddled by his dad. he was always more interested in promoting his website than anything (qbforce.com).

it was also apparent in the sulking he did on the bench at every game I ever went and watched him play. there was always a point where he would throw a tantrum or yell at a teammate (and not in a team captain type way).

I wanted the best for him when he was at UM. He was electric to watch during that september of 09 but I just always knew he was going self implode at one point. I didn't expect it to be after only one season. zero mental toughness.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:23 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Admin wrote:

say what you want about tate. quote every article on the internet with "insider knowledge". I met tate on several occasions in the 2 - 3 years before he went to UM. His dad and him would go to the same MICHIGAN bar as me and watch the games when his brother Jason was at UM. I agree that academics may have been a part of it but it was very clear to me very early into meeting tate that he was not mature enough and probably never would be.

On more occasions that I can remember, while talking, his dad would make excuses for all of his boys (especially tate). Tate never had the mental toughness because he was constantly being coddled by his dad. he was always more interested in promoting his website than anything (qbforce.com).

it was also apparent in the sulking he did on the bench at every game I ever went and watched him play. there was always a point where he would throw a tantrum or yell at a teammate (and not in a team captain type way).

I wanted the best for  him when he was at UM. He was electric to watch during that september of 09 but I just always knew he was going self implode at one point. I didn't expect it to be after only one season. zero mental toughness.

Talk to Bacon about it...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:54 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Talk to Bacon about it...

again... I agree that academics may have been a part of it but it was very clear to me very early into meeting tate that he was not mature enough and probably never would be.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:00 pm

While I never met the kid, what I saw through his presence on the field and in interviews that was my opinion. However, Bacon is firm in his stance that if not for his academic struggles he would have graduated frm Michigan. Not so sure how much I believe that with Denard in town but that's what he says.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 6:25 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
While I never met the kid, what I saw through his presence on the field and in interviews that was my opinion.  However, Bacon is firm in his stance that if not for his academic struggles he would have graduated frm Michigan.  Not so sure how much I believe that with Denard in town but that's what he says.

Lack of maturity can impact grades.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:27 pm

The kid was a dullard too from what I understand.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 4:40 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
While I never met the kid, what I saw through his presence on the field and in interviews that was my opinion.  However, Bacon is firm in his stance that if not for his academic struggles he would have graduated frm Michigan.  Not so sure how much I believe that with Denard in town but that's what he says.

Lack of maturity can impact grades.

On Point.

Tate was home schooled for I don't know how many years as well and was coached by Marv Marinovich (extra coaching). I don't think either one was good for his social maturity.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Tate was Tate .... but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for him for that miraculous win over notre SHAME .... anyone who beats those jack asses is alright with me
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Been posted on mgoblog that on UCLA Rivals board that UCLA has blocked Clark's transfer to Michigan.
Not sure that means he was actually trying to come to UM or not but it must be a possibility??

Sorry, they didn't provide a link & I'm not a member of Rivals.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 1:44 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Been posted on mgoblog that on UCLA Rivals board that UCLA has blocked Clark's transfer to Michigan.
Not sure that means he was actually trying to come to UM or not but it must be a possibility??

I think it is BS that a school can block a transfer. The player already has to sit a year, he should be able to go wherever he wants.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 1:59 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

I think it is BS that a school can block a transfer.  The player already has to sit a year, he should be able to go wherever he wants.  

Yeah, I could see it if it's in conference but, other than that it is pure BS.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:27 pm

'eggo, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on this.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:48 pm

my opinion is probably the same as most everyone else's, he doesn't seem to have his head on strait at this point in his life.

on the surface he seems a bit immature, and I'm sure that's part of it, but it's definitely not the whole story so I tend to give the kid a bit of a break. that said, I still wouldn't want him on the team.

I chalk up the North Carolina commit/decommit to being a foolish 5 star teenager living and getting caught up in the moment.

I believe he wanted to be at MICHIGAN. the brady hoke firing gave him just enough pause to reconsider. He seems like a kid that wants to commit to a person and not necessarily a university. I don't fault him for wanting to open his options when Hoke was fired.

Mora and the glitz and glam of Los Angeles swooped in and won him over at a time when he may have been a bit vulnerable and felt a bit jaded and that's how I believe he ended up at UCLA.

But for the kid show up late to practice, cell phone in hand is inexcusable. Then for him to take his ass chewing from the coach and react like he was being treated unfairly (from the accounts I've read) doesn't sit well with me. And finally for him to hole up in his dorm room and skip a week of practice causing his coaches to go looking for him, that shows a serious character flaw. I can't imagine JH would be any easier on him so I have to ask myself is this the type of kid you want on your team.

sad part is I believe he knows he messed up and wants to be at MICHIGAN. UCLA has blocked him from going to MICHIGAN, MSU and o$u.

I wonder if he could drop out of school all together, then enroll next year at UM and try to walk on to the team. He is going to lose a year of eligibility anyway. But I don't know if that is something the NCAA will allow.

my guess is that he ends up at Pitt or Maryland or NC State. Probably Pitt though because he and Narduzzi are reported to have a good relationship. Narduzzi was his primary recruiter while at MSU.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 9:35 pm

I would say it's a blessing in disguise UCLA blocked him from going to UM. Kid is a head case. We're probably better off not getting him.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:13 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
I would say it's a blessing in disguise UCLA blocked him from going to UM. Kid is a head case. We're probably better off not getting him.

You're probably right. Although watch him go to Penn State and become a nightmare for Michigan...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:33 pm

It's being said now that he is blocked from going to any school that UCLA plays in the next 4 years. Is Michigan one of them?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:37 pm

EJinGA wrote:
It's being said now that he is blocked from going to any school that UCLA plays in the next 4 years. Is Michigan one of them?

no MICHIGAN plays them in 2022 though.

It's just UCLA being butt hurt that's all.

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:05 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

no MICHIGAN plays them in 2022 though.

It's just UCLA being butt hurt that's all.

Then he should be good to go to transfer to Michigan. Head case or not, Blue could use him.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:18 pm

Huh...

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/09/report_ucla_removes_michigan_t.html#incart_most-commented_wolverines

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:11 am

I think it will be Pitt only because he had a pretty good relationship with Narduzzi during the recruiting process but that is only a guess. I have zero insight into it.

I didn't think MICHIGAN would want him so it was nice that Steve L confirmed it.

IMO Clark will end up at a school that is a relatively quick drive from home. It would suck to have him end up at rutgers or maryland and terrorize UM a few years down the road.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:16 am

If he's a head case and it sounds like he is, then I want no part of him.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Chris Clark now leaving Syracuse. Sounds like the coaching staff didn't honor his commitment.

WOW!

PostSubject: Re: Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA   Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA Empty

Back to top Go down

Eggo - Chris Clark leaving UCLA
Page 1 of 1