Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mud Bowl?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

The Mud Bowl? Empty
PostSubject: The Mud Bowl?   The Mud Bowl? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 3:01 pm

https://michigandaily.com/section/editorials/daily-mud-bowl-should-continue-we-guess?utm_source=emailcampaign1587&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=Weekly+Rundown%3A+A+Mammoth+of+a+Week

Please don't ruib this like you did The Naked Mile Michigan. Although I agree why you tried to put a stop to the Naked Mile.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

The Mud Bowl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mud Bowl?   The Mud Bowl? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Years ago when I was an undergraduate, and a member of Phi Delta Theta fraternity, directly across Washtenaw from the SAE's, the yearly homecoming Mud Bowl game was between these two fraternities. The SAE's starting filling the bowl like yard on the corner with water starting on Friday and there were a few inches of mud in the bowl during the game. I did play in some of these games. The crowds were pretty enthusiastic and a good party was enjoyed both before (in the morning) and after the game prior to the UM game, which was usually around 1:00 PM. (The TV tail was not wagging the dog back then). I don't know when SAE began playing other teams besides PDT. Nevertheless, it would be a shame to stop this tradition, even though SAE has been kicked off campus. But the house and bowl still exist.

The Mud Bowl?
Page 1 of 1