Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gameday question?

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:24 am

Suppose both Michigan and ohio state continue to win until our end of the year match-up, do we get Gameday in Ann Arbor for the second time this season? 'bama is good (despite the Ols Miss hiccup) but Auburn sucks this year. Sure there are other rivary games but if Michigan and ohio state continue to win could there be another? This wouldn't be unprecedented, 2003 anyone? Maybe it was all of the beer I drank back then but I could swear Gameday came to Ann Arbor for both the Notre Dame and ohio state games that year?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:39 am

i know they were at florida state twice last year. I dont remember them being at michigan twice in 2003 but a quick google check showed that they were

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/number-of-gameday-visits-by-school/

if MICHIGAN doesn't have another loss then I don't see how they wouldn't be a top 7 team by then so I could see game day making a second stop for two top 10 teams.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:16 am

Where else would they be if both teams don't lose any remaining game? Storied rivalry, B1G East at stake, Harbaugh, Michigan's D...this is a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:38 am

dwoody wrote:
Where else would they be if both teams don't lose any remaining game? Storied rivalry, B1G East at stake, Harbaugh, Michigan's D...this is a no-brainer.

well it's basically rivalry week for a lot of teams. most will not have conference or playoff implications though like MICHIGAN v o$u would.

here are a few other games happening that week and depending how the season plays out they could be viable options:

Florida State @ Florida
Clemson @ South Carolina
Baylor @ TCU (it's a Friday game though)
UCLA @ USC
Stanford @ Notre Dame
Alabama @ Auburn
Georgia @ Georgia Tech
Ole Miss @ Miss St

dwoody

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm

But isn't the M-o$u football rivalry generally heralded as the greatest in college sports?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:26 pm

dwoody wrote:
But isn't the M-o$u football rivalry generally heralded as the greatest in college sports?

depends on the region.

bama v auburn is huge in the south and I even once heard a USC fan try his hardest to convince people that USC v ND was the biggest rivalry.

Admin
Admin

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:56 pm

If Michigan and OSU run the table, I'd highly expect Gameday to show up.

When Harbaugh was hired, the quote Lee Corso had in talking with Kirk Herbstreit was "How long has it been since we've been to that game? When we go back to the game, we'll know Michigan is back."

/not verbatim, but that's pretty close.

dwoody

dwoody

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Michigan IS back!
btw, Admin...that asshole still shows up in the bb forum.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:29 pm

If Meechigan and bucknuts win out it is guaranteed that Gameday will be back... no bigger story than Jimmy v Urbs with a B1G title and playoff berth at stake
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:39 pm

A follow up. If both teams finish the season 11-1 (which would mean Michigan bears ohio state) would both teams make the playoffs? Think about it, there really is no outstanding team in CFB this year.

How would this look:

Utah (1) vs. ohio state (4)

Michigan (2) vs. LSU (3)

LSU kind of scares me but that would be a terrific NCG. Either Utah or ohio state vs. Michigan. So it's either a rematch against the team that beat Michigan or a rematch with ohio state (like should have happened in 2006-7)....

I wouldn't like to play ohio state again because if we beat ohio state I doubt we win twice. I would like it though but I just don't think it would work out.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:41 pm

no because you'd be leaving out a potential unbeated ACC champ or an unbeated TCU or Baylor.

BetterThansparty

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:47 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
no because you'd be leaving out a potential unbeated ACC champ or an unbeated TCU or Baylor.

Hypthetically those teams do not stay "unbeated". I'm still not sold on Clemson, and TCU and Baylor play each other so it's likely that they'll both have a loss. TCU has to run a gauntlet at the end of the year and we saw in the Cotton Bowl that Baylor can't finish.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:05 pm

LSU still had to beat St. Nick .... Big If
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:14 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
A follow up. If both teams finish the season 11-1 (which would mean Michigan bears ohio state) would both teams make the playoffs?  Think about it, there really is no outstanding team in CFB this year.

How would this look:

Michigan (2) vs. LSU (3)

LSU kind of scares me but that would be a terrific NCG.  Either Utah or ohio state vs. Michigan.  So it's either a rematch against the team that beat Michigan or a rematch with ohio state (like should have happened in 2006-7)....

I wouldn't like to play ohio state again because if we beat ohio state I doubt we win twice.  I would like it though but I just don't think it would work out.

What if UM "bears" OSU but loses to a 1 loss or undefeated Iowa team in the B1G championship game? Does Iowa get in? I would think so.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:26 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
A follow up. If both teams finish the season 11-1 (which would mean Michigan bears ohio state) would both teams make the playoffs?  Think about it, there really is no outstanding team in CFB this year.

How would this look:

Michigan (2) vs. LSU (3)

LSU kind of scares me but that would be a terrific NCG.  Either Utah or ohio state vs. Michigan.  So it's either a rematch against the team that beat Michigan or a rematch with ohio state (like should have happened in 2006-7)....

I wouldn't like to play ohio state again because if we beat ohio state I doubt we win twice.  I would like it though but I just don't think it would work out.

What if UM "bears" OSU but loses to a 1 loss or undefeated Iowa team in the B1G championship game?  Does Iowa get in?  I would think so.

Good call on the typo 'fish, my bad. I guess that I should have specified that Michigan beats Iowa (or who ever the West rep is) in the B1G Championship game. But if Michigan loses to Iowa in the B1G championship game then both ohio state and Michigan are out, and yes Iowa would be in. Michigan would have two loses, done. ohio state lost to a 2-loss team and didn't look incredibly formidable in the early part of the season, done. Iowa undefeated goes to the CFB playoff, if they have one loss and are the B1G Champion it's possible they go but I'd have to see the rest of the 1-loss conference champions (but probably not with 1-loss).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:27 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:

True, but as of right now Fournette looks unstopable.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:38 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

agree ... but great matchup running into that Bama DLine and Ragland at Mike LB
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:55 pm

dwoody wrote:
Michigan IS back!
btw, Admin...that asshole still shows up in the bb forum.

I just banned him. Saw your message about it awhile back, but didn't realize it was in the BB forum.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:03 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

agree ... but great matchup running into that Bama DLine and Ragland at Mike LB

I agree and that is a matchup I can't wait to see.

fishgoblue22

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:12 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:

Good call on the typo 'fish, my bad.  I guess that I should have specified that Michigan beats Iowa (or who ever the West rep is) in the B1G Championship game.  But if Michigan loses to Iowa in the B1G championship game then both ohio state and Michigan are out, and yes Iowa would be in.  Michigan would have two loses, done.  ohio state lost to a 2-loss team and didn't look incredibly formidable in the early part of the season, done.  Iowa undefeated goes to the CFB playoff, if they have one loss and are the B1G Champion it's possible they go but I'd have to see the rest of the 1-loss conference champions (but probably not with 1-loss).

I only quoted it because you did it to sandy. Just having some fun with you.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:49 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:

Good call on the typo 'fish, my bad.  I guess that I should have specified that Michigan beats Iowa (or who ever the West rep is) in the B1G Championship game.  But if Michigan loses to Iowa in the B1G championship game then both ohio state and Michigan are out, and yes Iowa would be in.  Michigan would have two loses, done.  ohio state lost to a 2-loss team and didn't look incredibly formidable in the early part of the season, done.  Iowa undefeated goes to the CFB playoff, if they have one loss and are the B1G Champion it's possible they go but I'd have to see the rest of the 1-loss conference champions (but probably not with 1-loss).

I only quoted it because you did it to sandy.  Just having some fun with you.

That's fine, I'm human and make mistakes too. I'm not about to stop calling others out so go ahead and call me out when I make an error. Just don't call me a sparty...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gameday question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday question?   Gameday question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameday question?
Page 1 of 1