Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Rough last 48 hours

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OT: Rough last 48 hours Empty
PostSubject: OT: Rough last 48 hours   OT: Rough last 48 hours EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:17 pm

Anyone had severe dehabilitating muscle spasms?  Don't.  What makes it worse is that I had them in 2 different parts of the body, my left trapazoid and my lower back.  Needless to say I spent last night (technically this morning: 12:54am-5:45am) in University ER.  Not many people on this board have saw me in the past, I think that booboo is the only one when I cam to his Homecoming tailgate a few years ago.  I'm a big guy and very developed, especially my upper-legs and shoulders.  Guess what was spasming?  My left trapazoid and left gluteus.  That caused all neighboring muscles to contract as well.  I normally move around lookin rather stiff, almost as if I am flexing every muscle in my body.  Well I'm not although when I got to the ER the PA (who was very attractive BTW) examined me.  She was absolutely amazed at how tense I was.  She ordered an EKG and a x-ray, both came back "normal" thank God and she also presctibed me some valium.  I just took the 3rd and final one and wow do I feel better.  Hopefully I feel good enough by this weekend so I can go to the game.

Please excuse vany typos tonight as I feel gooooooodd and happy.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rough last 48 hours   OT: Rough last 48 hours EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:37 pm

a few drinks of jack and water accompanied by some bob seger usually loosens me up.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rough last 48 hours   OT: Rough last 48 hours EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 1:09 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
a few drinks of jack and water accompanied by some bob seger usually loosens me up.

That's an idea although I don't believe that the American Medical Association would agree. Wow, that last Valium is kicking my ass. I need to go to bed soon. The question is do I ask my PCP for more tomorrow just in case?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rough last 48 hours   OT: Rough last 48 hours EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:12 am

I feel your pain. I have a pinched sciatic nerve in my back right now. Horrible pain.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rough last 48 hours   OT: Rough last 48 hours EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 11:49 am

Hurt my lower back in my 20s shoveling heavy wet snow in the morning in order to make it to work on time. Spasming was really bad for about 2 days. Flexeril muscle relaxer finally kicked in. Had recurrences off and on for years. Do have some arthritic spurring at L5/S1, but have managed it really well for about the last 20 years. I always lifted weights but the key for me has been regular (every morning) abdominal exercises.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rough last 48 hours   OT: Rough last 48 hours EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 12:00 pm

I once had a client with herniations at L3-4, 4-5, and L5-S1. He was a weightlifter and prior to the car accident also worked at a big food warehouse loading trucks. No fat on 'dem bones. His abdominal musculature was so well developed that his discs were essentially held in place and slowly healed over a period of years.
Actually, thinking about it, he was built pretty much like Peppers, who appears to be solid muscle.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rough last 48 hours   OT: Rough last 48 hours EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 2:55 pm

dwoody wrote:
I once had a client with herniations at L3-4, 4-5, and L5-S1. He was a weightlifter and prior to the car accident also worked at a big food warehouse loading trucks. No fat on 'dem bones. His abdominal musculature was so well developed that his discs were essentially held in place and slowly healed over a period of years.
Actually, thinking about it, he was built pretty much like Peppers, who appears to be solid muscle.

kurt taylor will make peppers look like he has dad-bod syndrome

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rough last 48 hours   OT: Rough last 48 hours Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Rough last 48 hours
Page 1 of 1