Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OSU Buddy

Go down 
+5
GOBLUEJOE66
sandyeggo_blue
fishgoblue22
wshoes
MgoBlue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 9:43 am

So an OSU buddy of mine is claiming their season is over. He is usually a pretty level headed guy. I told him he was being over-dramatic. He said it was NC or bust with this team. I figured it was just raw emotions after the game. He texted me today saying I have to be loving our chances. He thinks the in fighting and the guys going pro will not be focused.

Personally I believe they will run Eliott 20+ times and that will be bad for us. I can't see Urban abandoning the run. He even said they were not balanced and took responsibility.

I am cautiously optimistic. We need to find a way to contain Eliott though or this could be over quickly.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:19 am

I hope they stubbornly run Elliot even if it is not working. Balance is what makes their offense so dangerous. Think they did not adapt to the weather well or frankly pass downfield enough against MSU. They tried one deep ball and though they missed it, the receiver was wide open.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Could there be more trouble in paradise?

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/11/23/mike-weber-twitter-ohio-state/76252088/
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 12:54 pm

well I have to agree with your buddy because at the beginning of the year, on paper, it looked as if o$u had the chance to be the most dangerous teams college football had seen in years. look at their roster top to bottom, it was clearly NC or bust. they have a real problem with their offensive coaching and that has killed all hope. they can still be a team that blows out MICHIGAN next week but I don't think they will.

I just hope they don't go up tempo and copy Indiana. that's not a game we want to play again.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 1:43 pm

wshoes wrote:
I hope they stubbornly run Elliot even if it is not working. Balance is what makes their offense so dangerous. Think they did not adapt to the weather well or frankly pass downfield enough against MSU. They tried one deep ball and though they missed it, the receiver was wide open.

I thought about this. It would be nice but I worry about our run defense holding up.

fishgoblue22 wrote:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/11/23/mike-weber-twitter-ohio-state/76252088/

Wow. Not good. One loss and everything comes unraveled?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
well I have to agree with your buddy because at the beginning of the year, on paper, it looked as if o$u had the chance to be the most dangerous teams college football had seen in years. look at their roster top to bottom, it was clearly NC or bust. they have a real problem with their offensive coaching and that has killed all hope. they can still be a team that blows out MICHIGAN next week but I don't think they will.

I just hope they don't go up tempo and copy Indiana. that's not a game we want to play again.

Amazing how much coaching plays a part. I remember people talking the last couple years and saying how it is the players have to execute. The coaches don't play.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 1:51 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Not sure we have heard the last news about the "poooooor Suckeyes"!! A friend of mine, who is always a big Suckeyes fan, is saying he can see the Suckeyes losing 3 games this year!!! I told him they only have us and their bowl game left and he said "I know"! Their are folks in Crumbus calling for the AD to "get rid of that phony liar"!! What a difference 60 minutes makes.

I personally believe this game will go down to the very end before it is decided. I don't care what happened last Saturday, this is UM/O$U and their are way too many UM/O$U egos that are going to be on both sidelines!!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 2:52 pm

another thing to consider regarding o$u being in a "NC or bust" year is  that they are going to lose a TON of key players this year to the draft and graduation. here is a quick look at the players from their depth chart that I can see them losing.

One thing to add... I am not sure if any of the SRs on this list qualify to apply for a medical redshirt like Devin Gardner did before his SR season.

WR Micheal Thomas (RS JR) - Starter - Draft
WR Braxton Miller (RS SR) - Starter - Draft
LT Taylor Decker (SR) - Starter - Draft
C Jacoby Boren (SR) - Starter
RT Chase Farris (RS  SR) - Starter
QB Cardale Jones (RS JR) - Starter/Backup - Draft
RB Ezikiel Elliot (JR) - Starter - Draft
DE Joey Bosa (JR) - Starter - Draft
DT Adolphus Washinton (SR) - Starter - Draft
DT Joel Hale (RS RS) - Starter
DT Tommy Schutt (SR) - Backup
LB Josh Perry (SR) - Starter
LB Carmen Williams (SR) - Backup
PK/KO Jack Willoughby (SR) - Starter

Other guys that could go if they grade well for the draft are:

LB Darron Lee (RS SO) - Starter
S Vonn Bell (JR) - Starter
CB Eli Apple (RS SO) - Starter
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:02 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I remember people talking the last couple years and saying how it is the players have to execute.  The coaches don't play.  

No, that was Prince Fielder talking about the fans....
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:10 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
another thing to consider regarding o$u being in a "NC or bust" year is  that they are going to lose a TON of key players this year to the draft and graduation. here is a quick look at the players from their depth chart that I can see them losing.

One thing to add... I am not sure if any of the SRs on this list qualify to apply for a medical redshirt like Devin Gardner did before his SR season.

WR Micheal Thomas (RS JR) - Starter - Draft
WR Braxton Miller (RS SR) - Starter - Draft
LT Taylor Decker (SR) - Starter - Draft
C Jacoby Boren (SR) - Starter
RT Chase Farris (RS  SR) - Starter
QB Cardale Jones (RS JR) - Starter/Backup - Draft
RB Ezikiel Elliot (JR) - Starter - Draft
DE Joey Bosa (JR) - Starter - Draft
DT Adolphus Washinton (SR) - Starter - Draft
DT Joel Hale (RS RS) - Starter
DT Tommy Schutt (SR) - Backup
LB Josh Perry (SR) - Starter
LB Carmen Williams (SR) - Backup
PK/KO Jack Willoughby (SR) - Starter

Other guys that could go if they grade well for the draft are:

LB Darron Lee (RS SO) - Starter
S Vonn Bell (JR) - Starter
CB Eli Apple (RS SO) - Starter

So that's why they have so much room for next years class. I still say the louder the discontent is in columbus, the more it hurts their recruiting class. Especially if Weber keeps talking!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Hopefully it closes the door at Cass Tech.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:42 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Hopefully it closes the door at Cass Tech.

Remember the stuff that happened this past summer? It involved Weber too, the door is already sealed (unless of course a kid wants to go to ohio state for some reason-tattoo fetish).
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:17 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

great point Sandy .... that is what I fear most on Saturday .... think Creyer is a slimy sob , but unless he has forgotten how to coach , I fully expect the bucknuts in spread mode ala 2006 when Lloyd and English had no answer defensively .... only good thing now is we have Jimmy and DJ
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:58 pm

I work with a gal here in my office that is pretty down in the dumps today.

She says the season is over, OSU sucks/is overrated and Michigan is going to roll them on Saturday.

My how quickly things/tones change.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
booboo

booboo

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Working with HS athletes, the one thing I've found out they're more resilient, they recover quicker from losses than adults and fans. I believe this will be very true as well for the buckeyes. I'm guessing all the controversial comments from saturday the players will be over it by tuesday.

The M/OSU rivalary, the idea of spoiling Harbaughs 1st game vs OSU, just beating Michigan (again) is enough motivation. Plus I'm guessing Meyer will have a different game plan than he had for sparty.

So all the doom and gloom coming from fans won't affect the preparation for the game. And I'm sure Harbaugh and coaching staff will remind team don't listen to ESPN, don't read OSU fans blogs or twitter. Don't read that the buckeyes season is over nothing to play for.

It will be a 60 minute battle on saturday, I'm trusting Harbaugh wil have team well prepared for just that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OSU Buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: OSU Buddy   OSU Buddy Empty

Back to top Go down

OSU Buddy
Page 1 of 1