Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Swenson decommits.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Really not overly happy about this.4 star lineman when so many Lineman are not that good. I attribute this to the fact that the recruit Harbaugh has at Michigan were also Hoke commits and he is wary of their abilities. Mad

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:19 pm

This is complete bull shit by our staff if they did pull his scholarship offer this late in the game. I don't give a damn if the kid isn't as good as you thought, he has been committed for like what 2 years!? The only way this will be sort of ok is if he was told this a while ago and just dragged his feet. But damn this looks shady as hell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Hail says he was told this over the summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:59 pm

I'm not fond of it either but these are the types of things that happen when you switch coaches. Did Michigan wait to pull the offer? Did they advise Swenson to look elsewhere? Who knows but it doesn't look good for Michigan. People won't care if Michigan lands a bunch of studs though.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:23 pm

It doesn't matter to me. Dude is a 4 star, he'll get a chance to la somewhere. Harbaugh is doing what is best for Michigan football. What other people think means absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Matters to me. I've read every source out there and it sounds like they just pulled his offer. This is a kid that has loved Michigan since he was a kid. For the couple of months we were without a coach, he was steadfast in his commitment. Now, a couple of weeks before they let him loose? We all want to "in Harbaugh we Trust" him and I'll wait for more info. But if this is the case, I'll do without a National Championship rather than do something like this to a great kid and he handled it very classy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:45 pm

Here you go, this says it all...

As recently at January 3, 2016 Swenson was still excited about his spot in the class and looking forward to signing his LOI to play his next four years at The University of Michigan.

One more month until I sign #GoBlue pic.twitter.com/AralKRxWgO

— Erik Swenson (@Eiek77) January 3, 2016

Harbaugh has to compete with Urban Meyer, Nick Saban and others at the same level, this is now “big boy football.” Just as players change their minds, coaches do too. Michigan fans who are indignant to this type of recruiting need to ask themselves, do you want to win or do you want to always be the “good guy?” Before you answer that question, check your social media posts from the past 7 years and tell me you were good with the results of the Wolverines under Rich Rod and Brady Hoke. The apparent late word to Swenson wasn’t that at all, he was well aware that he was on the radar and needed to show improvement during his senior year to keep his spot, apparently he didn’t achieve the goals set for him as a senior in high school, much like Matt Falcon who was told to skip his senior year in high school to rest his injured knee. Obviously Michigan would have taken Swenson if they didn’t have better options, that is a cold, hard fact, but at this point in the recruiting cycle Michigan appears to have a few options that they feel improve the football team more than Swenson. Does it suck? Yes. Is it a new normal, certainly! Welcome to the world of cut throat big time football.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Just remember everyone, you are only hearing the former recruits side to this because the coaches can't discuss a recruit. As a coach you have to do what is best for the entire program. I am guessing there is more than one side to this, usually is. I wish the young man the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:23 pm

In other board was reference to a Rivals report that Swenson did not really develop much since he committed to Hoke, he didn't want to go to camps, and was told by JH staff last summer that his place on the team was not carved in stone. If so, sounds like he might have had a 'tude problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:59 pm

dwoody wrote:
In other board was reference to a Rivals report that Swenson did not really develop much since he committed to Hoke, he didn't want to go to camps, and was told by JH staff last summer that his place on the team was not carved in stone. If so, sounds like he might have had a 'tude problem.

Listening to Karsh. He says he as info leading to the same. He was recruited as a Soph, and that they talk to him about his workout, and maybe coming to a visit and work out he declined, Then Harbauagh decided he needed to see him and the young man refused which caused a Red light by Michigan. Michigan told him in the fall that they would not be honoring the spot and he should maybe look else where.

To me this says hey look we still like you but the school has a new coach you need to impress, come to camp and well see what you got and work on your development, if you really want to be committed to Michigan.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:01 pm

wshoes wrote:

Did you know I'm not the "HailToTheVictors" guy on MLive?

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:08 pm

exmichresident wrote:
Here you go, this says it all...

As recently at January 3, 2016 Swenson was still excited about his spot in the class and looking forward to signing his LOI to play his next four years at The University of Michigan.

One more month until I sign #GoBlue pic.twitter.com/AralKRxWgO

— Erik Swenson (@Eiek77) January 3, 2016

Harbaugh has to compete with Urban Meyer, Nick Saban and others at the same level, this is now “big boy football.”  Just as players change their minds, coaches do too. Michigan fans who are indignant to this type of recruiting need to ask themselves, do you want to win or do you want to always be the “good guy?”  Before you answer that question, check your social media posts from the past 7 years and tell me you were good with the results of the Wolverines under Rich Rod and Brady Hoke. The apparent late word to Swenson wasn’t that at all, he was well aware that he was on the radar and needed to show improvement during his senior year to keep his spot, apparently he didn’t achieve the goals set for him as a senior in high school, much like Matt Falcon who was told to skip his senior year in high school to rest his injured knee. Obviously Michigan would have taken Swenson if they didn’t have better options, that is a cold, hard fact, but at this point in the recruiting cycle Michigan appears to have a few options that they feel improve the football team more than Swenson.  Does it suck?  Yes.  Is it a new normal, certainly!  Welcome to the world of cut throat big time football.

Did you even read what you posted?

In high school, I had a friend who was offered a scholarship to play football to Michigan Tech that had a stipulation that he couldn't play high school baseball because of injury risk. That is Michigan freaking Tech, a mid-tier Division 2 program. Of course top-tier Division 1 programs are going to have stipulations in their offers.

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:32 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Did you know I'm not the "HailToTheVictors" guy on MLive?

You aren't? My mistake. Well he said it, whomever he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:30 pm

https://michigan.n.rivals.com/news/maize-n-view-two-sides-to-every-story

This paints a little different picture of Eric Swenson's and his daddy's butt hurt. He sound like a Hoke-type "entitled" player. Fuck 'im.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Scathing articles in Chicago Tribune, Detroit News and now on MSN front page. Now, there may very well be another side to this story. I am NOT assuming Harbaugh is guilty! But the press is bad, no one can deny that. This is a different time in Michigan recruiting. Virtually all the Michigan sites indicate that this does look shady...Oh, but we are recruiting with the "big boys now". And someone needs to cite that Harbaugh told Swenson in the fall? Not heard that at all. Let's face it, many Mich fans are turning their heads at this, yet complained that we were above the SEC crap in the past. I wonder if this was Mich St. how everyone would be reacting. Again, I'm one of the biggest fans of Harbaugh, but this does look deceptive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:54 pm

exmichresident wrote:
Scathing articles in Chicago Tribune, Detroit News and now on MSN front page.  Now, there may very well be another side to this story.  I am NOT assuming Harbaugh is guilty!  But the press is bad, no one can deny that.  This is a different time in Michigan recruiting.  Virtually all the Michigan sites indicate that this does look shady...Oh, but we are recruiting with the "big boys now".  And someone needs to cite that Harbaugh told Swenson in the fall?  Not heard that at all.  Let's face it, many Mich fans are turning their heads at this, yet complained that we were above the SEC crap in the past.  I wonder if this was Mich St. how everyone would be reacting.  Again, I'm one of the biggest fans of Harbaugh, but this does look deceptive.  

Go back to RCMB.

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:11 pm

exmichresident wrote:
Scathing articles in Chicago Tribune, Detroit News and now on MSN front page.  Now, there may very well be another side to this story.  I am NOT assuming Harbaugh is guilty!  But the press is bad, no one can deny that.  This is a different time in Michigan recruiting.  Virtually all the Michigan sites indicate that this does look shady...Oh, but we are recruiting with the "big boys now".  And someone needs to cite that Harbaugh told Swenson in the fall?  Not heard that at all.  Let's face it, many Mich fans are turning their heads at this, yet complained that we were above the SEC crap in the past.  I wonder if this was Mich St. how everyone would be reacting.  Again, I'm one of the biggest fans of Harbaugh, but this does look deceptive.  

I see nothing negative in thus at all. Only the holier than though crew and fans of other teams will see this as a negative. If you are happy with Hoke, good guy reaults, then so be it. I for one have always said the UM needs to recruit like the SEC and OSU to compete with them. He's not breaking any rules, but he is being all business and what is best for the team, and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:51 pm

exmichresident wrote:
Scathing articles in Chicago Tribune, Detroit News and now on MSN front page.  Now, there may very well be another side to this story.  I am NOT assuming Harbaugh is guilty!  But the press is bad, no one can deny that.....  

The press you are reading is bad. I suggest you read the article I posted above. Swenson sounds like a typical squishy-soft Hoke player, peaked when he was a baby and got an offer, then did not develop and did not work on developing after being encouraged to do so by the NEW Michigan staff, who did NOT offer him. All due respect to the kid, but he and his daddy sound like entitled assholes. We will be far better off without players like this, who think they are too good to follow advice of their prospective coaches, who are willing to commit sigficant $$$ to the player and his family. If you want to dance, you'd better pay the piper. This kid didn't want to do it. Too bad, so sad!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:03 pm

dwoody wrote:
...NEW Michigan staff, who did NOT offer him.

I'm not saying that Coach Harbaugh is a bad guy, that would be blasphemy, but didn't Swenson tweet a letter from Coach Harbaugh from September that they wre extending a NON-COMMITTAL offer? Non-committal means that they have the right to rescind the offer if they so choose. Those things vcould happen if Swenson didn't attend Michigan's camp over the summer (Swenson didn't), didn't progess in High School (Swenson didn't), etc.

My initial reaction was that I am not thrilled with this move however the more I learn about ut the better I feel about it.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swenson decommits.   

Back to top Go down

Swenson decommits.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: