Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:13 pm

GARY TO MICHIGAN!!! DAMN THATS AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:16 pm

I've never been happier to be wrong.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Hail Yes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stjotoo

PostSubject: Joe's wrong (you're allowed one mistake in a career)   Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:02 pm

I am very glad Joe's apprehensive feelings in the last few days were not realized! I watched the ESPN announcement with my iPad on my lap while the signing show continued. Very, very happy Gary will be a wolverine. Hopefully he will stay three or four years. In the interview he praised his mom and how he wants to provide for her in the future. I found it very interesting that Harbaugh only said near the end of the program that he just got some "good news backstage" in the past few minutes. Of course, likely half or more of the audience with their smartphones and those at home knew what he was referring to. Maybe the NCAA rules prevent him from commenting on an individual until the commitment is official. Still the program from Hill Auditorium was great and is bound to be copied by many others in years to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:07 pm

The Big Kahuna! Just need to get that letter faxed in now. He said he did not decide until he walked onstage at espn to make his announcement. Do you think that's true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:12 pm

wshoes wrote:
The Big Kahuna! Just need to get that letter faxed in now. He said he did not decide until he walked onstage at espn to make his announcement. Do you think that's true?

No, he always knew.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:24 pm

stjotoo wrote:
Still the program from Hill Auditorium was great and is bound to be copied by many others in years to come.

I agree that it will be copied. May become the new midnight madness type of thing for football.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Unlike others (not including Joe and others like Joe) I have no problem admitting I was wrong about this (Gary). I WAS WRONG ABOUT GARY but I am SOOOOOO GLAD to make that admission!!

It's GREAT to be a Michigan Wolverine!!!

Go Blue!! Smile

View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:48 pm

So, according to a freep article, two nights ago Gary & family had a meeting and picked Clemson over Michigan. Wow. I had no idea Clemson was really that much of a threat. Apparently, he didn't decide on Michigan until this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
So, according to a freep article, two nights ago Gary & family had a meeting and picked Clemson over Michigan. Wow. I had no idea Clemson was really that much of a threat. Apparently, he didn't decide on Michigan until this morning.

This is just me spitballing but if true then possibly Clemson offered more "perks" and that's why his family wanted him to go there. Rashan knows that Michigan is better fo him athletically, academically, has a larger network, has many of his Jersey friends, the largest football stadium in America, an extremely rabid fan base, etc. Clemson has Myrtle Beach, better looking woen (quanity wise), and (assuming impoper benefits were offered) more money.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

This is just me spitballing but if true then possibly Clemson offered more "perks" and that's why his family wanted him to go there.  Rashan knows that Michigan is better fo him athletically, academically, has a larger network, has many of his Jersey friends, the largest football stadium in America, an extremely rabid fan base, etc.  Clemson has Myrtle Beach, better looking woen (quanity wise), and (assuming impoper benefits were offered) more money.

You know, the weird thing during his announcement was his mother. As much input and influence she had during his recruitment, during his time on TV, she was standing behind him looking at her phone like she wasn't interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:40 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

This is just me spitballing but if true then possibly Clemson offered more "perks" and that's why his family wanted him to go there.  Rashan knows that Michigan is better fo him athletically, academically, has a larger network, has many of his Jersey friends, the largest football stadium in America, an extremely rabid fan base, etc.  Clemson has Myrtle Beach, better looking woen (quanity wise), and (assuming impoper benefits were offered) more money.

You know, the weird thing during his announcement was his mother.  As much input and influence she had during his recruitment, during his time on TV, she was standing behind him looking at her phone like she wasn't interested.

I didn't see his committment but yea, it sounds as if I might be right? Mama'Conley (Gary) was trying to go all Papa'Newton but Rashan said no. Once again, pure speculation on my part.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
booboo

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Think it was around 2:30, ESPN announces Gary hasn't faxed his LOI to M. Want to say it was Testatori (sp) he said why didn't Gary find a fax at ESPN then some else chimed in he could have stopped at kinkos off the freeway to fax it in. No one said it but think ESPN was implying is Gary getting second thoughts?

Or that might have been me thinking that, is he having buyers remorse? A family member trying to persuade him to go to Clemson?

Went to twitter, people I trust like John Bacon, Sam Webb, they had nothing to report, no earth shattering news about Gary having 2nd thoughts. Wasn't worried but still went back to twitter to check every now and then.

My 2 thoughts, Gary was wearing a blue shirt with a yellow tie. OK maybe I was reading to much into it. WShoes have to believe he knew when he got into his limo. But maybe mom was in his ear saying go to Clemson. Probably we'll never know.

Listening to Coach Dabo Swinney pre and post game talks, especially after ND game talking about players having guts, he sounds like one hell of a motivator, great speaker. So I'm guessing when he got RG on campus, he did his best to convince him to come to Clemson. RG & family get home, fired up from listening to Swinney all weekend, convinced Clemson is the place.

Then he had couple days to calm down, relax, think things out, realized Michigan was the place for him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 pm

no way that one weekend at Clemson was enough to change all the Michigan momentum and connections he had here ... don't care how great a coach or speaker Sweeney is .... the looks on mom and uncle said it all to me .... incentives were offered , no doubt in my mind ... good on Rashan for doing what was right for him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:22 pm

He went back to his high school to sign with his teammates. I saw numerous times on Twitter. These kids are going to go to Kinko's to fax their LOI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:22 pm

So is it a done deal?????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:22 am

Yes.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/14705722/michigan-wolverines-land-no-1-ranked-prospect-dt-rashan-gary

"Gary faxed in his letter of intent to Michigan when he returned to New Jersey. His school held a ceremony for all the football players signing and he wanted to do so along with his teammates."

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:24 am

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: GARY TO MICHIGAN!!!!   Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:39 am

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down