Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nice win for the hockey team last night.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Nice win for the hockey team last night. Empty
PostSubject: Nice win for the hockey team last night.   Nice win for the hockey team last night. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 8:10 am

Would be really great to leave Munn with a sweep tonight.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Nice win for the hockey team last night.   Nice win for the hockey team last night. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 8:33 am

Looked really sharp. weathered a portion of the second period where Minn was outplaying them and actually increased the lead from 1-0 to 2-0.

To win the BT regular season (an important if not the main) goal, a win tonight is critical.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nice win for the hockey team last night.   Nice win for the hockey team last night. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 3:01 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

I fully realize that was just a typo but the irony of it is unreal. Everyone knows that I detest sparty. sparty's rink is called "Munn" (for Biggy Munn). Michigan already swept sparty at Munn this year. But yes taking both games from Minny at their place would be huge, especially considering that Michigan hadn't even won a game in Minnesota since 2008.

I just hope that we're not in for a repeat of what happened in December (an 8-3 win the first night but then a 3-2 loss the second). As long as Michigan takes a point tonight (goes to the shootout) they are guaranteed to leave Minnesota with the lead in the B1G TEN HOCKEY CONFERENCE with only 4 games remaining. Of course Minny's remaining 4 games (2 @ sparty and 2 with Wisconsin) are very weak. Michigan on the other hand has a Home and Home with ohio state (who is better than their record) and closes out the year with a vastly improved and dangerous Penn State coming to Ann Arbor. I still like Michihgan's chances if we win tonight. Pretty sure that Michigan will come out focused again tonight but Minny is what I am worried about. They played very lackadaisical last night. Do not expect the same. Yesterday they were in first place in conference, not so today.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nice win for the hockey team last night.   Nice win for the hockey team last night. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 3:07 pm

wshoes wrote:
Looked really sharp. weathered a portion of the second period where Minn was outplaying them and actually increased the lead from 1-0 to 2-0.

To win the BT regular season (an important if not the main) goal, a win tonight is critical.

They most certainly played better last night that they did the rest of the year but they still have the potential of playing better. I was impressed with Downing last night, he showed great restraint. Minny was going after him all night because they know his history (so do the ref's) so he was watched all night. Just like with the earlier series Minny baited Downing into doing something dirty and costing his team. Downing fell for it back in December, not so much last night. I just hope that Downing can use the same restraint tonight because you know that Minny will be desperate.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Nice win for the hockey team last night.   Nice win for the hockey team last night. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

I fully realize that was just a typo but the irony of it is unreal.  Everyone knows that I detest sparty.  sparty's rink is called "Munn" (for Biggy Munn).  Michigan already swept sparty at Munn this year.  But yes taking both games from Minny at their place would be huge, especially considering that Michigan hadn't even won a game in Minnesota since 2008.

I just hope that we're not in for a repeat of what happened in December (an 8-3 win the first night but then a 3-2 loss the second).  As long as Michigan takes a point tonight (goes to the shootout) they are guaranteed to leave Minnesota with the lead in the B1G TEN HOCKEY CONFERENCE with only 4 games remaining.  Of course Minny's remaining 4 games (2 @ sparty and 2 with Wisconsin) are very weak.  Michigan on the other hand has a Home and Home with ohio state (who is better than their record) and closes out the year with a vastly improved and dangerous Penn State coming to Ann Arbor.  I still like Michihgan's chances if we win tonight.  Pretty sure that Michigan will come out focused again tonight but Minny is what I am worried about.  They played very lackadaisical last night.  Do not expect the same.  Yesterday they were in first place in conference, not so today.

Yes, it was supposed to be Minn.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nice win for the hockey team last night.   Nice win for the hockey team last night. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Game on....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Nice win for the hockey team last night.   Nice win for the hockey team last night. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Marriucci , anyway a win there would put Michigan in control of it own destiny.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice win for the hockey team last night.   Nice win for the hockey team last night. Empty

Back to top Go down

Nice win for the hockey team last night.
Page 1 of 1