Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Per Warde Manuel no night games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Per Warde Manuel no night games  Empty
PostSubject: Per Warde Manuel no night games    Per Warde Manuel no night games  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Angelique Chengelis of the Detroit News reports no night games this yr. She asked why, "I like the day" Manuel said, smiling "I like daylight"

"No (I'm not ruling it out) but I like the daylight" Manuel said, who played for legendary coach Bo Schembechler who always pushed for early kickoffs. "I'm a daylight-preference football guy. It's ingrained in me"

So does that mean no 3:30 kickoffs as well? Don't have stats to back it up, but crowd always seems louder at 3:30, arrives earlier. Noon kick-offs late arriving crowd. Yes this past yr. BYU game crowd was into game from beginning but that's been an exception.

Sorry, Mr. Manuel, we're not back in the 1970s!!! Night games are great, huge advantage for the home team! See Minnesota past yr., Rutgers in 2014.

ND in the Big House in 11' and 13' I think was an advantage to Michigan.

Two 10 win teams, Wisconsin vs Michigan would have made a great night game!

And yea I get people who have to travel from out of town, affects their plans. But if you know in March, fans can make arrangements.

OK, that's my 2 cents. What does everyone else say?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Per Warde Manuel no night games    Per Warde Manuel no night games  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:45 pm

AD Manel is a traditionalist.  I don't see him buckling on this unless either TV and Coach Harbaugh dictates it.  And Coach Harbaugh might have to do some fancy talking (which he is capable of but don't count on it).  

Night games were DB Brandon's baby (even though the plan for installing them at Michigan Stadium came from AD Martin).  We got rid of the cancer. are yoiu sure that we want to bring it back?  Once agin, I'm not taking a stance on this either way.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Per Warde Manuel no night games    Per Warde Manuel no night games  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:33 pm

Bo, I love the traditions of Michigan football. They haven't messed with uniforms to much, ND game-11', bowl game, Bame game, blue pants for PSU (which I liked better than I thought I would), there would be a riot if the helmets where ever changed.

But I think 1 home game a year at night would awesome! I don't associate night games at the Big House with DB. I think it was M finally coming out of the dark ages & joining the rest of college football. Can't prove it or have any stats, I think HS recruits love night games, think it helps with recruiting. That's just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Per Warde Manuel no night games    Per Warde Manuel no night games  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:10 am

I hate night games. Play all games at 3:30.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Per Warde Manuel no night games    Per Warde Manuel no night games  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 1:36 pm

I'm happy either way, but if I got to pick I would vote for one night game a year not later than say Oct 15.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Per Warde Manuel no night games    Per Warde Manuel no night games  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 3:29 pm

wshoes wrote:
I'm happy either way, but if I got to pick I would vote for one night game a year not later than say Oct 15.

I'm with 'shoes, it doesn't really matter to me. All I was saying was that AD Manuel is "old school" and follows the Bo-ism "toe meets leather at 1:05". I can see the point of 1 night game per year but it doesn't matter to me. I can also see AD Manuel's point about all day games. It's a lot of noise if you ask me. Remember, even DB Brandon is on record saying that producing even one night game takes a lot of effort and planning. Could that be another reason why AD Manuel doesn't deem night games as justifiable (yet at least). I think in time the B1G will pressure Michigan to schedule at least 1 home night game a year for TV revenue. Am I correct in assuming TV revenue is divided up lik bowl revenue? Michigan is typically everyone else's choice for a night game opponent anyway.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Per Warde Manuel no night games    Per Warde Manuel no night games  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:38 pm

I love night games they seem to be bigger than life more hype and more meaningful if its the right opponent

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Per Warde Manuel no night games    Per Warde Manuel no night games  Empty

Back to top Go down

Per Warde Manuel no night games
Page 1 of 1