Members, please sign in.





 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Homecoming is a 3:30 game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joe

avatar

Posts : 3683
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 54
Location : God's Country

PostSubject: Homecoming is a 3:30 game   Wed May 11, 2016 9:46 am

The B1G has announced times for all teams' homecoming games this season. Ours is 10/22 @ 3:30!

Interesting and probably good for us, we are not visitors for anyone elses homecoming.

BTW, 10/22 is a magic date. We will win!!!

#GoBlue

_________________
"What the HELL's going on out here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody



Posts : 2204
Join date : 2012-03-12
Age : 64
Location : Michissippi - Don't drink the water!

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming is a 3:30 game   Wed May 11, 2016 11:24 am

joe wrote:

BTW, 10/22 is a magic date. We will win!!!

#GoBlue

Fine with me. Noon is far too early for football IMHO.

And Joe, you are right...10/22 in my wonderful wife's birthday!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7440
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 42
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming is a 3:30 game   Wed May 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Seems kind of odd to me but I guess I can understand their reasoning. TV ratings, plain and simple.

However with the rich tradition Michigan has a noon game would seem more appropriate. Money trumps tradition though. Coach Harbaugh may have been able to stop it but you need to pick your battles.

It's against Illinois which is in the Central Time zone so making it later could potentially bring in more viewers. Plus isn't Illinois supposed to be decent this year? A lot of viewers on the west coast. The amount of drunk fans it produces is another thing though.

I guess what I'm saying is that even though I'm not fond of the late kick (I was while in school though) I'm not necessarily against it. Apparently I was rambling to ramble....

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

avatar

Posts : 3683
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 54
Location : God's Country

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming is a 3:30 game   Wed May 11, 2016 8:37 pm

dwoody wrote:
joe wrote:

BTW, 10/22 is a magic date. We will win!!!

#GoBlue

Fine with me. Noon is far too early for football IMHO.

And Joe, you are right...10/22 in my wonderful wife's birthday!!!

It's my birthday too woody.

_________________
"What the HELL's going on out here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

avatar

Posts : 3683
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 54
Location : God's Country

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming is a 3:30 game   Wed May 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
Seems kind of odd to me but I guess I can understand their reasoning.  TV ratings, plain and simple.

However with the rich tradition Michigan has a noon game would seem more appropriate.  Money trumps tradition though.  Coach Harbaugh may have been able to stop it but you need to pick your battles.

It's against Illinois which is in the Central Time zone so making it later could potentially bring in more viewers.  Plus isn't Illinois supposed to be decent this year?  A lot of viewers on the west coast.  The amount of drunk fans it produces is another thing though.

I guess what I'm saying is that even though I'm not fond of the late kick (I was while in school though) I'm not necessarily against it.  Apparently I was rambling to ramble....

Wasn't homecoming this past year a 3:30 game? I thought it was.

(edit) Last year's homecoming was indeed a 3:30 game.

_________________
"What the HELL's going on out here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7440
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 42
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: Homecoming is a 3:30 game   Wed May 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Yea, I was shocked then too. I guess that I kinda figured with Coach Harbaugh it'd get pushed back to 12:00. Oh well, I was wrong. I guess it isn't all bad, I get to network longer with people I do not see that often. And the longer we have until kickoff the longer I have to fall into tickets....

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Homecoming is a 3:30 game   

Back to top Go down
 
Homecoming is a 3:30 game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: