Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings Empty
PostSubject: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 5:23 pm

#3. Not bad. It would probably take a one-, at most, two-loss team to finish that high. Jus' sayin'!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Yep. My guess would it would have to be 0 or 1 loss.

Still a tough conference schedule having to go to Ohio, to Iowa City and to MAC. That's fairly difficult

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 10:11 pm

joe wrote:
Yep. My guess would it would have to be 0 or 1 loss.

Still a tough conference schedule having to go to Ohio, to Iowa City and to MAC. That's fairly difficult

Totally agree but fans of other programs look at our schedule as cake....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Well Bo, I don't really give a shit about what other fans think. They are flamers and trolls for the most part so their thoughts and opinions mean less than squat as far as I'm concerned.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Moo, suckeyes, and Iowa on the road is easy??? Give me a break!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 12:19 am

The non-conference schedule is a joke. Certainly you can't argue with that. Hawaii (3-10)? UCF (0-12)? Colorado (Sure they were good in the 90's but now not so much. They were 4-9 last year and get this, they LOST to Hawaii.) You read that right, the combined 2015 record for our non-conference opponents was 7-31. 7 and 31, yea....

Michigan has the 2nd easiest schedule (behind Minnesota). The only reason why we are that high is because of going to sparty, suckeye, and Hawkeye.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/College-footballs-toughest-and-easiest-2016-schedules-44687841

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 7:52 am

Don't like it. The last time we were close to this high pre-season was 2007 and we promptly lost to App St and got pole-axed by Oregon. I do have more confidence in this coaching staff to keep the team focused though.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 8:43 am

In 2007 we had a coach who chronically failed to prepare the team for the beginning games of the season. It seemed when Lllloyd was here, it took the team two and sometimes three games to really get in gear.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Let's get through the first five home games, then a tough win on the road in East Lansing. Then we can poke our heads up from the submarine and see where we stand.

But as someone pointed out to me on Twitter, we aren't actually on the team and can look at rankings all day. Someone else also made a good point that, despite the committee stating preseason rankings have no effect, the reality is that's not just humanly possible. The committee is looking at AP/Coaches rankings through the first seven weeks or so of the season, simply to keep tabs on what the rest of the world views as the top teams in the country.

Starting the season in the Top 5 is pretty significant. But, unless we get through Sparty, I don't think it matters.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Let's get through the first five home games, then a tough win on the road in East Lansing. Then we can poke our heads up from the submarine and see where we stand.

But as someone pointed out to me on Twitter, we aren't actually on the team and can look at rankings all day. Someone else also made a good point that, despite the committee stating preseason rankings have no effect, the reality is that's not just humanly possible. The committee is looking at AP/Coaches rankings through the first seven weeks or so of the season, simply to keep tabs on what the rest of the world views as the top teams in the country.

Starting the season in the Top 5 is pretty significant. But, unless we get through Sparty, I don't think it matters.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings   Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings Empty

Back to top Go down

Football, anyone? ESPN pre-season rankings
Page 1 of 1