Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zeller and Burke split FOY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Zeller and Burke split FOY Empty
PostSubject: Zeller and Burke split FOY   Zeller and Burke split FOY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Coaches: Zeller
Media: Burke

Tough choice.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Zeller and Burke split FOY   Zeller and Burke split FOY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:48 pm

That's about right. Both have been great this year.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Zeller and Burke split FOY   Zeller and Burke split FOY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 pm

All due respect to Zeller I think it should have been Burke as the clear winner. I say that because of the position he plays. Burke gets so many more touches during a game and is supposed to run the offense. So much of what Burke does will not make it on a stat sheet.

I am biased of course but I think Burke deserved it more. Also I think coach choices are BS. There is no way Matta or Izzo would choose Burke. I have to think politics played a part.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zeller and Burke split FOY   Zeller and Burke split FOY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 pm

I was saying all day that it should be Burke (despite my IU ties). I kept saying that Burke was clearly the leader of this UM team, while Zeller at times went MIA on the offensive side of the court.

But, I must admit, when the announcement came out, I felt 'satisfied', for lack of a better term.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Zeller and Burke split FOY   Zeller and Burke split FOY EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:46 am

I'd be happy for Trey had he been the sole winner, but personally I couldn't give a pig's fart about individual awards in a TEAM sport. Only reason I felt differently about King Charles in December, 1997, was how badly I wanted too see it stuffed in Phat Phil's ugly, corpulent face.

And believe me, I'm sure glad our addition to this year's team was TREY, not Zeller. No position is more (if AS) important as the PG.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Zeller and Burke split FOY   Zeller and Burke split FOY EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:13 am

I get the whole team sport thing and I love when athletes downplay the importance of an individual award and puts the team first. However, I have no issues with an individual being recognized for his or her performance. I do not think it takes from the team element at all.

Don't think that those individual awards do not help us in recruiting either. It helps having Heisman winners, Remington trophy winners, etc. in the program. I am all for anything that promotes the program.

So I guess this means that I do give a pigs fart about individual awards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeller and Burke split FOY   Zeller and Burke split FOY Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeller and Burke split FOY
Page 1 of 1