Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"The more things change..."

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

"The more things change..." Empty
PostSubject: "The more things change..."   "The more things change..." EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 7:29 pm

...the more Scott Frost's mouth stays the same.

Does the guy ever quit?  Can't be satisfied that his oral cavity convinced enough coaches to pass out retirement gifts 19 years ago...had to amplify his harangue earlier today with "We outhit those guys today." (Woody-esque refusal to name our school/team?) and "We averaged 6 yards a carry and held them to 2.9."

Someone please e-mail him and point out that since 1906, it has been legal to throw a ball to an offensive teammate in American football...
(another similarity to Wayne Woodrow there, Scotty!  Counting on winning with a disdain for the forward pass...even if the opponent chucks it for 328 yards).

Admittedly, our men showed areas needing improvement today, with or without our full compliment of defensive players dressed. But to coach Frost's tirade:  we'll gladly be outhit by any team that leaves our passing lanes open for 328 yards (and our side of the scoreboard open for 51 points)...eh?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: "The more things change..."   "The more things change..." EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Wilton said post-game they didn't run for much because they didn't need to, the passing game was working so well.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: "The more things change..."   "The more things change..." EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 am

True, Woody (though I did not see the game)...Wilton was stating the obvious.

Question:  If coach Frost's "harder-hitting" team couldn't match our passing game, particularly the quality of our receivers, why didn't he just have his QB chuck it long, and have one of his players lying in the endzone try kicking the ball upward?  Might have been completed and ruled a TD...eh?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: "The more things change..."   "The more things change..." EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 8:00 am

I hate to say this, but OSU is going to torch this defense with Barrett.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: "The more things change..."   "The more things change..." EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 8:27 am

Three points to make, Fish (while admitting your apparent concern is not unfounded):

(1) I'm focusing solely on what our D does against Colorado. Then vs. PSU.  Then Wisky...  get the pic?

(2) Let's re-evaluate this defense when all the pieces are on the field...as in, our Woodson-esque cornerback, an NFL draft pick at
DE, and a 320-pound rock in the middle (hopefully Mone does play this year).

(3) Bartlett, IMO, will have trouble torching our D any worse than Speight and his magnificent trio will torch OSU's far-less-experienced defense.
Particularly without an E.E. to hand off to.

Nov.26 is a long way off, guy!!!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: "The more things change..."   "The more things change..." EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 9:19 am

I'll acknowledge I had the same thoughts as fish when I saw their QBs rip off those long runs, but Mike has given us good counsel both in terms of waiting to be at full strength (assuming we get healthy) and more time with our new DC.

Frost is indeed still an a--.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The more things change..."   "The more things change..." Empty

Back to top Go down

"The more things change..."
Page 1 of 1