Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

B1G Friday night football

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
booboo

PostSubject: B1G Friday night football   Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Delany, WHY!!!

So the new B1G TV contracts with FOX & ESPN start in 2017, so Delany wants to see if it'll work. Put our feet in and Test the waters as he said. Its 6 games only, 3 non-conf. & 3 conf.

Here's a potential game: Indiana vs Georgia Southern. Yes, I'm canceling my plans to stay home and watch!! Twisted Evil Or Middle Tennessee at Minnesota. Yes, can't wait!!! Shocked

At least Michigan already has said no, thank goodness!! Sparty, & Badgers said if its the Friday before Labor Day. IU & Minn. did agree to do it.

High School athletic Associations, including Michigan, Illinois & Penn, have come out and said its a bad idea because its interfering with HS football on Friday night.

Wife of Rutgers HC, Doreen Ash on twitter: This is ridiculous. As a HS parent I will have to choose between my son's game or husband's game. There will be no recruits and limited fans Evil or Very Mad

AGREE!!! Kind of hard to host recruits IF THEY'RE PLAYING THIER OWN GAME THAT NIGHT!!!

So reading all the stories, doesn't seem anybody likes the idea.

Sorry didn't provide a link. Google B1G Friday night football, there's 10-12 stories to read.

BTW, One last thought, glad Brandon isn't AD. Why do I believe he would have agreed to a home Friday game?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: B1G Friday night football   Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Idiotic, as well as games on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: B1G Friday night football   Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:51 pm

Let delaney drown in his own stupidity. Michigan is not involved with it, doesn't affect us. If it works Michigan benefits, if it doesn't (and it won't) it will not hurt Michigan. Move on, nothing to see here.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: B1G Friday night football   Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:19 am

I like it. It's good for teams that would normally have to play on ESPN News. I don't go to high school games, since I don't live in my home town, so it doesn't impact me in the least.

I did go to a high school playoff game this past Friday, since I was in MI. There are guys that I went to high school with standing there with old jerseys on that don't fit, trying to relive their glory days. I thought it was kind of sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B1G Friday night football   

Back to top Go down

B1G Friday night football
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: