Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

O'Korn time.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: O'Korn time.   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: O'Korn time.   Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Shit. Dennis Franklin went down with the same thing in the '73 o$u game. I think it's usually a six-week recovery. Mine was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: O'Korn time.   Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Everyone here knows that I wanted O'Korn from the start, not that I am even hinting at knowing he'd have to play at the end of the year. I was very happy with Speight, I even wanted him to play over everyone else back in the Hoke days. That being said I'm not exactly comfortable with O'Korn getting one home start, and maybe a handful of plays on the road that were hand-offs, going into Columbus. Injuries happen though so we can't bitch and moan.

I wasn't around in '73 but from the Tiebreaker he "says" that he would have played, who knows how well though.

I guess the good news out of this is that ohio state has been (minimally) addressing defending Speight all season. Now they must adjust to a quicker QB. True Speight was elusive and deceptively quick but he was more of a pocket-passer. O'Korn can pass too, but his running ability is an additional threat. Speight could gain a few yards if the play-called breaks down, O'Korn can gain a lot of yards and will on QB run calls. The fact that O'Korn will have designed plays where he runs will open up the secondary some, now if O'Korn can exploit those gaps is another question.

I hope he can.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O'Korn time.   

Back to top Go down

O'Korn time.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-