Members, please sign in.





 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 So, the dream is still alive.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 4816
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: So, the dream is still alive.   Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:02 am

Go Buffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody



Posts : 2224
Join date : 2012-03-12
Age : 64
Location : Michissippi - Don't drink the water!

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Go Hokies, as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOLEACH7

avatar

Posts : 1140
Join date : 2012-01-26
Location : the Soo

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:44 pm

sure hope so ... but can't see the CFP committee putting in two teams ( bucknuts and Meechigan ) neither of which won their division and leaving out Penn State (assuming they win the B1G)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
booboo

avatar

Posts : 679
Join date : 2012-01-29
Age : 57
Location : Birmingham MI

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Putting on my maize and blue blinders, I absolutely love it!

The committee doesn't have anything written in stone, conf. champ more important? strength of schedule? Head to head? 4 best teams? What's the number 1 criteria? There isn't one, the committee has not made it clear.

The precedent has been set, don't have to be conf. champ. 2001-Nebraska, 2011-Alabama

Valenti brought this up today, TV ratings. Is that secretly brought up behind closed doors? Lets be honest, M vs Bama Harbaugh/Saban would be 10 times more exciting than PSU, Colorado or even Wash. vs Bama. Is that fair? Probably not, but oh well. See OSU-2014, they jumped TCU & Baylor. Can't tell me TV ratings didn't play a small part.

If the four best teams is the #1 criteria, I believe Michigan belongs!

Now taking off my maize & blue blinders and putting on my college football fan hat, If I was Washington, PSU or Wisconsin I'd be extremely pissed!!

BoLeach you're probably right, will CFB committee take 2 non-division/non-conf. champs from the same conference?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7497
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 42
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:55 am

They say that they want the best 4 teams.  We'll see, I can't argue it either way.  If we go and get slaughtered against 'bama that's fine, as long as we score.  Of course sparty will be bitching that we shouldn't have been there.  My reply will be simply be 3-9.

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 4816
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:38 am

PSU has no shot. A team with a 39 point loss on their resume will not get in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:37 am

Top 8 Head to Head
'Bama 0-0
osu 2-1
Clemson 0-0
Washington 0-0
Michigan 3-1
Wiscy 0-2
psu 1-1
Colorado 0-1

Wisky, PSU & Colo. each have a loss against Michigan.
Pretty compelling story to put Michigan in the CFP IMO. I hope the committee see's this.

Let me add, Michigan's only loss here is to #2 in double overtime.

Just sayin.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 4816
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:47 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Top 8 Head to Head
'Bama 0-0
osu 2-1
Clemson 0-0
Washington 0-0
Michigan 3-1
Wiscy 0-2
psu 1-1
Colorado 0-1

Wisky, PSU & Colo. each have a loss against Michigan.
Pretty compelling story to put Michigan in the CFP IMO. I hope the committee see's this.

Let me add, Michigan's only loss here is to #2 in double overtime.

Just sayin.....

Well, UM does have a not so good lose to Iowa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Top 8 Head to Head
'Bama 0-0
osu 2-1
Clemson 0-0
Washington 0-0
Michigan 3-1
Wiscy 0-2
psu 1-1
Colorado 0-1

Wisky, PSU & Colo. each have a loss against Michigan.
Pretty compelling story to put Michigan in the CFP IMO. I hope the committee see's this.

Let me add, Michigan's only loss here is to #2 in double overtime.

Just sayin.....

Well, UM does have a not so good lose to Iowa

True, so does Clemson have a loss.... to Pitt....at home.
Washington has a loss at home to USC, although that is a good loss, if there is such a thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

avatar

Posts : 2686
Join date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:32 pm

A 1 point, last play of the game to 8-4 Iowa at Kinnick is not really what I would call a bad loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

avatar

Posts : 3704
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 54
Location : God's Country

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:09 pm

wshoes wrote:
A 1 point, last play of the game to 8-4 Iowa at Kinnick is not really what I would call a bad loss.

absolutely not at all.

Disappointing yeah, but they were #22 last week. We played there, at night, black-out. Tough gig for anyone.

_________________
"What the HELL's going on out here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7497
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 42
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:53 pm

Basically if Clemson loses to VaTech or Washington loses to Colorado we're in the CFP. Sure sparty will "claim" that we backed our way in but they're idiots. We are the best 2-loss team out there. It isn't our fault that there are only 3 1 loss or less teams out there. The only real concern for me is even if Clemson or washington lose Wiscy "could" blow-out Penn State. OK, I couldn't type that with a straight face. The odds of that happening are about as high as sparty graduating a virgin. Now if Penn State blows out Wiscy, which is also highly unlikely, I guess they might jump us but I don't see it either. Basically a 1-score game and we only needs Clemson or Washington to lose. Ah screw it, let's have both teams lose. But if that happens who get in and what are the seeds? I say Michigan is at #4 even if both Clemson and Washington lose, but who's #3? Clemson maybe? I can't see the committee having a rematch a few weeks later. I guess the losses by #2 and #3 matter how bad they are. Clemson has been living dangerously all year, but Washington hasn't played anyone (either has 'bama or Clemson). What are the odds that the committee put in three B1G TEN teams if Clemson and Washington lose? Could we see a 'bama vs. B1G TEN champ and o$u vs. Michigan playoff? Seems highly unlikely and there would be a lot of bitching and moaning the the committee has been saying that they want the 4 best teams?

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 4816
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:19 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
Basically if Clemson loses to VaTech or Washington loses to Colorado we're in the CFP.  Sure sparty will "claim" that we backed our way in but they're idiots.  We are the best 2-loss team out there.  It isn't our fault that there are only 3 1 loss or less teams out there.  The only real concern for me is even if Clemson or washington lose Wiscy "could" blow-out Penn State.  OK, I couldn't type that with a straight face.  The odds of that happening are about as high as sparty graduating a virgin.  Now if Penn State blows out Wiscy, which is also highly unlikely, I guess they might jump us but I don't see it either.  Basically a 1-score game and we only needs Clemson or Washington to lose.  Ah screw it, let's have both teams lose.  But if that happens who get in and what are the seeds?  I say Michigan is at #4 even if both Clemson and Washington lose, but who's #3?  Clemson maybe?  I can't see the committee having a rematch a few weeks later.  I guess the losses by #2 and #3 matter how bad they are.  Clemson has been living dangerously all year, but Washington hasn't played anyone (either has 'bama or Clemson).  What are the odds that the committee put in three B1G TEN teams if Clemson and Washington lose?  Could we see a 'bama vs. B1G TEN champ and o$u vs. Michigan playoff?  Seems highly unlikely and there would be a lot of bitching and moaning the the committee has been saying that they want the 4 best teams?

I think Michigan's chances are better if only one of Clemson or Washington lose. I think UM gets jumped if both lose because the committee will not have the balls to put 3 B1G teams in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:48 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
Basically if Clemson loses to VaTech or Washington loses to Colorado we're in the CFP.  Sure sparty will "claim" that we backed our way in but they're idiots.  We are the best 2-loss team out there.  It isn't our fault that there are only 3 1 loss or less teams out there.  The only real concern for me is even if Clemson or washington lose Wiscy "could" blow-out Penn State.  OK, I couldn't type that with a straight face.  The odds of that happening are about as high as sparty graduating a virgin.  Now if Penn State blows out Wiscy, which is also highly unlikely, I guess they might jump us but I don't see it either.  Basically a 1-score game and we only needs Clemson or Washington to lose.  Ah screw it, let's have both teams lose.  But if that happens who get in and what are the seeds?  I say Michigan is at #4 even if both Clemson and Washington lose, but who's #3?  Clemson maybe?  I can't see the committee having a rematch a few weeks later.  I guess the losses by #2 and #3 matter how bad they are.  Clemson has been living dangerously all year, but Washington hasn't played anyone (either has 'bama or Clemson).  What are the odds that the committee put in three B1G TEN teams if Clemson and Washington lose?  Could we see a 'bama vs. B1G TEN champ and o$u vs. Michigan playoff?  Seems highly unlikely and there would be a lot of bitching and moaning the the committee has been saying that they want the 4 best teams?

I think Michigan's chances are better if only one of Clemson or Washington lose.  I think UM gets jumped if both lose because the committee will not have the balls to put 3 B1G teams in.

So, you're saying, Fish, that The B1G winner plus either Washington or Clemson would get in? Wow, that would be a challenge for the committee to justify putting either those two ahead of Michigan IMO. I see your point and I can see that possibly happening because I don't see them putting 3 teams in from the same conference, either. Both Clemson & Washington would at that point lost to two lesser teams though. Hmmmm, that is interesting and possible, I haven't given that much thought. I worry about if Washington wins then we get kicked out & then B1g winner gets in if Clemson wins, that's been my worry.
Oh well, we'll find out Sunday morning. GO BUFFS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 4816
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:15 am

At this point I think it would be great to get in, but if not, the Orange Bowl is a great game too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody



Posts : 2224
Join date : 2012-03-12
Age : 64
Location : Michissippi - Don't drink the water!

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:32 pm

I find it hard to accept that Penn State will ever jump Michigan regardless of the B1G outcome. Remember, we absolutely smoked them, so bad that I left the game with 3:23 to go so I could get on an early shuttle back to my car at Weber's. Even if Penn wins the BIG, and even if they have that one lonely loss, it was a rout to a team that carries a lot more TV ratings punch than they.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:12 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
At this point I think it would be great to get in, but if not, the Orange Bowl is a great game too.

Yep, I agree, fish. If they (committee) tell us 'so-sorry', I'll be major disappointed but, I'll have my bag packed for whatever bowl game we get invited to.

Go Blue!

GO BUFFS!

By the way, if we don't go to CFP and they do invite O$U & B1G champ to CFP, I'd imagine we'd get the nod for Rose Bowl? It would seem like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joe

avatar

Posts : 3704
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 54
Location : God's Country

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:15 pm

dwoody wrote:
I find it hard to accept that Penn State will ever jump Michigan regardless of the B1G outcome. Remember, we absolutely smoked them, so bad that I left the game with 3:23 to go so I could get on an early shuttle back to my car at Weber's. Even if Penn wins the BIG, and even if they have that one lonely loss, it was a rout to a team that carries a lot more TV ratings punch than they.

Penn state has 2 losses Woody

_________________
"What the HELL's going on out here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

avatar

Posts : 2686
Join date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:03 am

Think our best chance vanished last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:26 pm

wshoes wrote:
Think our best chance vanished last night.

I still think we have a good shot if Clemson should lose. The committee likes what Michigan has done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

avatar

Posts : 7497
Join date : 2012-02-03
Age : 42
Location : Within 10 minutes of The Big House.

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:16 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Think our best chance vanished last night.

I still think we have a good shot if Clemson should lose. The committee likes what Michigan has done.

And the dream is over...

_________________
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheers

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

avatar

Posts : 2686
Join date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:25 am

It is exceedingly hard to win an NC. Just the one in 1997 in my pretty long period as a fan and we have had many really really good teams over that time period (1960's till now)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:12 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Think our best chance vanished last night.

I still think we have a good shot if Clemson should lose. The committee likes what Michigan has done.

And the dream is over...

Yep. I think the fat lady sang last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 4816
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:30 am

Bama vs Washington and OSU vs Clemson. Orange Bowl for UM vs FSU.

I will be a huge Clemson fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Bama vs Washington and OSU vs Clemson.   Orange Bowl for UM vs FSU.

I will be a huge Clemson fan.

Good job, Fish! Got that one right on the money.

2 things here:

1. I HATE the fact this is probably setting up an OSU/Alabama NC game. God, I get tired of those f'n Sucknuts in the NC game. I'm like fish, I'll be a Clemson fan just because of that. Well actually, I cheer for whoever plays O$U anyway.

2. I'd rather we played Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl than FSU. First off, This will be like a home game for them. Not good for us.... We better play our best because they will have probably 75% of the fans in that stadium. Second reason I'd like to play Oklahoma is because it just looks appealing IMO. Would think a UM/Oklahoma game would be a huge draw for national exposure/TV ratings. 2 storied programs battling it out.... it just sounds good to me. #6 vs #7. I like it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:47 pm

OK, It's officially Fla. St. I didn't realize the Orange Bowl is required to take an ACC team.

Oh well.

Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 4816
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Should be a fun game, I just wish it wasn't at night. I like traditional day time bowl games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BOLEACH7

avatar

Posts : 1140
Join date : 2012-01-26
Location : the Soo

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl were always at night after the Cotton Bowl early then the Rose Bowl at 4 ... great times a full day of football
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

avatar

Posts : 4816
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 48
Location : Fishers, IN

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:54 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl were always at night after the Cotton Bowl early then the Rose Bowl at 4 ... great times a full day of football

Except this year the Orange is on a Friday night, not on the day with the other games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 pm

After the way the season started and such promise for a great season, Fla. St will be a let down for me considering they are a 3 loss team. I don't know, it's like we got shoved to has-been's or something. This team is way to good for that, IMO. I still think this team is like #2 in the country. Seriously.
I guess I should be glad we're in a prime bowl game. It is what it is.

Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So, the dream is still alive.   

Back to top Go down
 
So, the dream is still alive.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: