Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a quick reminder...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Just a quick reminder... Empty
PostSubject: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 11:21 pm

I believe that it was 'fish who vehemently stated that players know this risks of football. Nah they don't, proof?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2017/01/12/bo-jackson-football-cte-mlb/96492338/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 8:53 am

If they don't, it's the or own fault. Quoting a guy that last played 20 years ago proves nothing. More info out there now. They do know, they should know, and if they don't know, shame on them.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 6:00 pm

It's not like a lot of football players take academics seriously. Also, please remember that not much information (comparative to the grand scheme of things) is known, even now...

Using Bo's quote means a lot. A guy who excelled, won a fricken Heisman, played professional baseball too says if he knew more he wouldn't have played.

AGAIN, I am not saying banish the game. I've never said that. Adjustments must be made though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 6:17 pm

They've already put skirts on the quarterbacks and go to slo mo replay to call targeting.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 8:06 pm

That's not what I'm talking about. Obviously you don't understand. It is however a step in the right direction.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 pm

I see BO making commercials that are about football.

Still taking money from the game he talks down about.

Hypocrite?

And I understand totally. I think you're wrong. Especially in today's day and age. If they don't know about it they are stupid or apathetic.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:52 pm

He's not necessarily talking down about it, just saying that it is dangerous. More dangerous than it should be. I'm still saying that "you may know" what can happen but you don't really know until it happens to you or a loved one. It isn't just the therapy, it isn't just being out in public, it's 24 hours a day, 365 days per year (366 during leap years). There is no respite from it. It isn't just a physical injury, it's mostly mental which is the scariest part. You have no control, you do not think like you used to. You are a totally different person. That's what you don't understand. This wasn't the best movie and of course a movie cannot possibly educate anyone on the effects of neurological damage but did you see "Concussion"? Will Smith was actually pretty good in that movie despite all of the movies shortcoming.

Making money does not make him a hypocrite.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 12:22 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick reminder...   Just a quick reminder... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a quick reminder...
Page 1 of 1