Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

POSTING REPLIES....Please read.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

POSTING REPLIES....Please read.  Empty
PostSubject: POSTING REPLIES....Please read.    POSTING REPLIES....Please read.  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 am

I've had a couple times where I've posted a reply to a topic, just to see that it never actually posted.

I also just had another user PM me about the same thing.

Here's the deal:

If your post is posted as usual, you will see the page say 'You're post has been submitted', or something to the effect, then refresh almost instantly, taking you back to that thread.

BUT, if you click 'Send', and it doesn't reload the second time taking you back to the thread, you need to read that page.

What's happening sometimes is the system is telling you that someone else has replied to that topic while you were typing yours. The system is trying to give you the opportunity to modify your post based on what the new post contains.

So, scroll down on that page, and you will see your post again, still in the 'composition box'. Below it, there will be the 'Modify' button and a 'Save' button.

Click 'Save', and it will send your post in.

It's goofy. I understand what the system is trying to do (awwww, so nice of it)...but it is causing some confusion.

Best practice, after you click 'Send' initially, look at the page that immediately comes up. It will either tell you your post has been sent, or it will let you know that another has posted a reply before you and ask if you want to modify. Again, just click the 'Save' button, essentially meaning 'Send' in that situation.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

PostSubject: And another thing   POSTING REPLIES....Please read.  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:24 am

I see you HAVE to use 10 characters in your subject and you HAVE to put something in the TEXT section. Tht will blow if people are on here during a game. During games a forum often gets rapid fire 1 or 2 word entries. That won't happen as easily.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I'll see if that is changeable*    POSTING REPLIES....Please read.  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I see you HAVE to use 10 characters in your subject and you HAVE to put something in the TEXT section. Tht will blow if people are on here during a game. During games a forum often gets rapid fire 1 or 2 word entries. That won't happen as easily.

Back to top Go down
TnPgaGoBlue

TnPgaGoBlue

PostSubject: Hey Admin   POSTING REPLIES....Please read.  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 am

I sent you a message with no response yet, did you get it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Just read it Tn, and replied.    POSTING REPLIES....Please read.  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 am

Working on issue now. Will PM you when resolved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POSTING REPLIES....Please read.    POSTING REPLIES....Please read.  Empty

Back to top Go down

POSTING REPLIES....Please read.
Page 1 of 1