Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

my hike last year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: my hike last year   Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:43 am

1. I wish I had video editing skills.

2. This was the first time I hiked the JMT nobo and it was far and away better than the three time I have hiked it sobo.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:55 am

my High Sierra Trail hike in 2015

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:35 pm

That is pretty cool. Looks fun and exhausting. Again, glad to have you posting again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:27 am

I totally thought the topic of this thread was going to be something else!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:50 am

Great shots, Sandy.  One thing that caught my eye at once---in addition to your [comparative] youth---was the bandana/headband.  Wear mine the same way when running, though in my case there's admittedly, ahem, "slightly" less hair to corral...!!!!  (my mugshot at Big House 5K would attest...)

As Fish said, that does look like an astoundingly-breathtaking hobby. My acrophobia might interfere for me, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 pm

michmike wrote:
Great shots, Sandy.  One thing that caught my eye at once---in addition to your [comparative] youth---was the bandana/headband.  Wear mine the same way when running, though in my case there's admittedly, ahem, "slightly" less hair to corral...!!!!  (my mugshot at Big House 5K would attest...)

As Fish said, that does look like an astoundingly-breathtaking hobby. My acrophobia might interfere for me, though.

water in, water out.... I drink a lot of water and in turn I sweat profusely so the bandanna is key for me and it's also in keeping with my ese roots ha ha.

I'm creeping in on 40 so I'll take the youthful comment with a smile.

To anyone that reads this.... do yourself a favor and get out and see the Sierra. Not by car but by foot. get back into the places where only a handful of people get to see. Earn the view. Earn it!

POST EDIT: I'm currently training to run the John Muir Trail. I want to run this trail unsupported next year in 7 days.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:47 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

water in, water out.... I drink a lot of water and in turn I sweat profusely so the bandanna is key for me and it's also in keeping with my ese roots ha ha.

When I was a young Marine I had a leader that would say "drink water and live, don't drink water and die".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:10 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

When I was a young Marine I had a leader that would say "drink water and live, don't drink water and die".

Sage advice for all. About 5 years ago I had an episode of heat exhaustion. Had done a 4 mile run, then later that day stood in 100 degree heat for an hour waiting to get into a standing room only concert in a venue that was very warm. 2/3 thru, I started feeling funny, said to my wife, I need to get some air. Was standing in line for bottled water when I fell straight backwards. Fortunately my wife was there to break my fall. A trip to the ER, an IV, and all turned out fine. I had taken fluids that day, but not enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:07 am

Well, Sandy, to this mind, "coming-upon-40" seems quite young indeed, in light of my having qualified for Medicare last February...you young fart!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my hike last year   

Back to top Go down

my hike last year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: