Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

7 Florida players suspended for the opener.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: 7 Florida players suspended for the opener.   Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 7 Florida players suspended for the opener.   Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:49 pm

my two florida friends (one UF alum and one USF alum) have been saying that a Calloway suspension wouldn't matter. They argue that UF is too deep at the position. Time for them to find out.

I give UF the advantage in special teams but that is it. MICHIGAN is going to roll Florida. maybe not like the bowl game two years ago or like PSU last year but the -4.5 line is a joke. Michigan wins the game by two scores.

I can't stand listening to all the MICHIGAN haters talking about the talent leaving. they act like the "next guy up" has zero experience across the board.

my prediction to start

QB - Wilton
RB - Evans
FB - Hill
Oline (L-R) - Cole, Bredeson, Ruiz, Big Mike, JR Jr
TE - Bunting
WR - Perry, Black, Ways

Dline - Gary, Hurst, Mone, Chase
LB - Bush Jr, McCray, Hudson
DB - Long, Hill
S - Metellus, Kinnel

P - Robbins
K- Nordin
PR - McDoom
KR - Evans

Look at that list and tell me seriously how little those guys have played.

MICHIGAN is going to be just fine and probably would have covered big without the suspensions.

I applaud UF and coach Mac for doing the right thing in this case but in all honesty Calloway should have been gone a long time ago. Not sure how many chances that dude is gonna get.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 7 Florida players suspended for the opener.   Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:03 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
my two florida friends (one UF alum and one USF alum) have been saying that a Calloway suspension wouldn't matter. They argue that UF is too deep at the position. Time for them to find out.

I give UF the advantage in special teams but that is it. MICHIGAN is going to roll Florida. maybe not like the bowl game two years ago or like PSU last year but the -4.5 line is a joke. Michigan wins the game by two scores.

I can't stand listening to all the MICHIGAN haters talking about the talent leaving. they act like the "next guy up" has zero experience across the board.

my prediction to start

QB - Wilton
RB - Evans
FB - Hill
Oline (L-R) - Cole, Bredeson, Ruiz, Big Mike, JR Jr
TE - Bunting
WR - Perry, Black, Ways

Dline - Gary, Hurst, Mone, Chase
LB - Bush Jr, McCray, Hudson
DB - Long, Hill
S - Metellus, Kinnel

P - Robbins
K- Nordin
PR - McDoom
KR - Evans

Look at that list and tell me seriously how little those guys have played.

MICHIGAN is going to be just fine and probably would have covered big without the suspensions.

I applaud UF and coach Mac for doing the right thing in this case but in all honesty Calloway should have been gone a long time ago. Not sure how many chances that dude is gonna get.

I think Kugler will be at Center, but other than that I agree with your lineup.

During the bowl game last year, at one point in the 2nd half, that entire front 7, minus Hudson, but Metellus was in that spot, was on the field together. I remember saying to my wife that almost the entire 2nd D is in and they were making stops. I'm not concerned about the defense at all this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike

PostSubject: Re: 7 Florida players suspended for the opener.   Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:42 pm

I'm hoping you (FGB) are right...and that Kugler wins the start at center. This is his 5th and final year, and from all I've read (particularly in his own quotes), he has a great attitude.

Plus, Ruiz' career is just getting started: he'll probably start full-time for at least two seasons down the road...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike

PostSubject: Re: 7 Florida players suspended for the opener.   Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 pm

ADDENDUM to above post: wouldn't any of us feel a bit, umm, "unsettled" if a 5th-year senior, who's played quite a bit though never started, was beaten out---for an OL job, no less---by a true freshman?
What would it say about the shape of the most important position on the O-Line?

Even if the latter is very highly-rated. Strength positions require more than talent...time to grow and develop, for instance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 7 Florida players suspended for the opener.   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:37 am

michmike wrote:
ADDENDUM to above post:  wouldn't any of us feel a bit, umm, "unsettled" if a 5th-year senior, who's played quite a bit though never started, was beaten out---for an OL job, no less---by a true freshman?
What would it say about the shape of the most important position on the O-Line?

Even if the latter is very highly-rated.  Strength positions require more than talent...time to grow and develop, for instance.

It's a good point mike and I've thought about that too but.... Meritocracy.

All else fails and M gets desperate then Cole moves back to C. The O line this year will be just fine.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 7 Florida players suspended for the opener.   Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:41 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...During the bowl game last year, at one point in the 2nd half, that entire front 7, minus Hudson, but Metellus was in that spot, was on the field together.  I remember saying to my wife that almost the entire 2nd D is in and they were making stops...

exactly. IMO Metellus showed really well in that game in place of Peppers.

+1

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7 Florida players suspended for the opener.   

Back to top Go down

7 Florida players suspended for the opener.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: