Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jim McElwain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bluenote

PostSubject: Jim McElwain   Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:59 am

When the opposing coach makes statements like "They whooped us plain and simple" and "Their guys were bigger and stronger" in the post-game presser, you know you've won the day convincingly. Sure it would have been nice to see better timing and execution from the offense, but with this D we are going to be solid all season.

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jim McElwain   Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:44 am

The D looks faster and stronger than last year. Coach Brown made an adjustment to a 3 man line after the first long play and didn't go back to the 4 man. Booger McFarlane said he is the best DC in the country and I can't disagree with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jim McElwain   Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:51 am

Perfect situation for us- a DC lifer who doesn't aspire to be a HC and still has plenty of fire in his belly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Jim McElwain   Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:08 am

I was taken aback by commentator McFarlane's nickname ("Booger").

Maybe his announcement of the Michigan game is why we suffered two PICK-sixes????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: Jim McElwain   Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 pm

bluenote wrote:
When the opposing coach makes statements like "They whooped us plain and simple" and "Their guys were bigger and stronger" in the post-game presser, you know you've won the day convincingly. Sure it would have been nice to see better timing and execution from the offense, but with this D we are going to be solid all season.

Yes, and I was impressed by the Defenses play but please allow me to channel my inner-artist. How do we know that Florida's offense is any good? A RS Freshman QB, suspended #1 WR, suspended leading RB. Sure you'd think that they would have at least been able to muster something but maybe Florida is that bad? Don't use the second-half as evidence either as they shut Zaire down. That guy has been on campus for a month. If Florida put up 60+ on their next opponent (Northern Colorado) then our Defense is that good.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Jim McElwain   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:12 am

The D-line dominated, and no running back would gain easily on them. Pass D looked tight enough considering their youth. This awesome D made even getting off a good pass difficult. Old school Michigan!

ps: I was impressed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim McElwain   

Back to top Go down

Jim McElwain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: