Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

looks like Spieth is done for season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

PostSubject: looks like Spieth is done for season   Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Michigan will be stuck with O'korn for remainder of the season as BTN is reporting Spieth is out Shocked Shocked

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Saw that coming as soon as he was hit. I was happy he could walk off the field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Speight being out is significant because even if you think O'Korn offers more as the starter, the staff will probably be reluctant to call designed runs for him because Speight isn't available as a back-up.

An O'Korn running threat would open things up a bit for the tailbacks, and be one way to partially compensate for our sub-standard offensive line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:45 pm

dwoody wrote:
Saw that coming as soon as he was hit. I was happy he could walk off the field.

Totally agree. Not a fan of his but didn't want anything serious to happen to him.

Go Blue!!! Smile

View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:00 am

wshoes wrote:
Speight being out is significant because even if you think O'Korn offers more as the starter, the staff will probably be reluctant to call designed runs for him because Speight isn't available as a back-up.

An O'Korn running threat would open things up a bit for the tailbacks, and be one way to partially compensate for our sub-standard offensive line.

Not sure how I see O'Korns mobility opening things up for RBs. Can you elaborate?

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 am

O'Korn runs into sacks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:01 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Not sure how I see O'Korns mobility opening things up for RBs.  Can you elaborate?

Yes, please tell us. Smile

Go Blue!!! Smile

View user profile
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:11 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Not sure how I see O'Korns mobility opening things up for RBs.  Can you elaborate?

Yes, please tell us.    Smile  

Go Blue!!!   Smile  

On one or two plays Sat night, I think it was two, O'Korn handed off to the tailback running right while faking that he had kept the ball and running left. MSU did not respect the fake and converged on the tailback. If O'Korn were to keep a few of those and make some yards it should at least freeze the linebackers for an instant which helps the running back's chances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tmorris

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:27 pm

Quarterbacks are trained to carry out fakes on nearly all running plays and yes you may be right that it will freeze LB's. However, if the defensive end is doing his job and playing assignment football it may work once but will not become an offensive staple. If the DE is doing his job and stays home he will fold O'Korns teeth back for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Harbaugh's QBs at everywhere other than Michigan have run a little bit, including Luck at Stanford and Smith and Kaepernick with the 49ers. Jim himself was a threat to run when he played QB. Have to think that is his preference, but if you're already down a QB then you may be reluctant to dial that up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:39 pm

wshoes wrote:
Harbaugh's QBs at everywhere other than Michigan have run a little bit, including Luck at Stanford and Smith and Kaepernick with the 49ers. Jim himself was a threat to run when he played QB. Have to think that is his preference, but if you're already down a QB then you may be reluctant to dial that up.

That I agree with. So Peter's must have been a good High School QB but blows in the college game (that or he just isn't picking up what Coach Harbaugh is laying down). Anyone heard anything about McCaffery? It's my assumption that the job is McCaffery's as long as he progresses like expected this summer. A RS Freshman QB starter and a RS Sophomore QB as his backup get me a little nervous, but it is what it is.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looks like Spieth is done for season   

Back to top Go down

looks like Spieth is done for season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: