Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Turning point?

Go down 
+5
bluenote
wshoes
ThatGuy
dwoody
BOLEACH7
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Was a nice win , the OL looked like it was finally clicking both in run blocking and pass pro ... yes I fully know it was Rutgers lol ... hope Owenu is alright as he is becoming very good ... loved seeing Walker get multiple carries, again hope his injury and that of Issac are not serious... as well Nico made a nice come back catch , hopefully he gets targeted more ... of course the biggie on offense was #18 finally getting a shot .... great to see him get game action , live calls , live checks , live hits ... again yes it was Rutgers, but he showed poise and good touch on his passes , made one bad throw ... at least now he knows what to expect, he can relax going into the games knowing he can make plays and has the confidence of the players around him .... also nice to see Drevno on the field and in constant communication with Jim ... as for the D another good game except for the wildcat play gashing them again ... that has to be corrected especially against the bucknuts ... little concern that the D is getting gassed because of all the plays the front 7 play ... nice to see Solomon getting quite a few reps .... lol we seem to fix our OL play and QB situation and now our FGK misses a chip shot for him ... oh well GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 1:33 am

What did Peters bring that raised the level of play across the board on offense? Running game ok before he came in, passing was non-existent, and both took off. Everyone was sharper. How does that happen?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 3:04 am

dwoody wrote:
What did Peters bring that raised the level of play across the board on offense? Running game ok before he came in, passing was non-existent, and both took off. Everyone was sharper. How does that happen?

The psyche of the team. They knew what Peters could do and they knew that it was his first legit shot so they played with more inspiration. It sounds absurd but you saw it for yourself, it happened.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 am

dwoody wrote:

He brought the threat of being burned by a pass which we have not had the last 3 weeks. He also brought better pocket presence. Voila- the running game is better and the blocking looks a lot better!
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 10:41 am

He was chosen one who brought order to the force. The Scarlet Sith...errr Knights could not concentrate....oh hell, you nerds know what I mean.

Seriously, Peters seemed like a relatively cool customer in the pocket, the huddle, etc... (something I also appreciated about Speight). He was just solid enough at reading his progressions that there was a legitimate passing game and the line was able to offer more effective run blocking as well. A team often plays more inspired when there is a QB change and because Peters was able to offer some balance to the offensive attack, the Rutgers defense couldn't key on just one aspect of the game. Just a solid game for a young player.

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 11:36 am

Peters brought confidence to the whole offense.... good first step, now consistency is the key ... as well as the staff trusting him to make throws so as to open up the running game
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 3:47 pm

I'm a little disappointed in our guys on the offensive line. They really let O'Korn down. Peters comes in, Mason Cole has a pancake block. Where the fuck has he been all season?

All the sudden everyone was energized with Peters. Where was that energy and enthusiasm all year.

This game OKorn screwed himself by fumbling but other games he was running for his life.

Just really disappointed in the line play.

Dilly Dilly

dwoody

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 4:30 pm

That's what's got me, Joe. Why should a qb change alone change the execution, or attitude, or whatever? I am not by any means complaining with the results, but the way they just started clicking was amazing.
An edit to add that, of course, we have no way of really knowing what goes on in practice. Maybe Peters has been bringing it for a few weeks and this was just the first game we got to see it.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Part of the problem- and this is evident at the games, is that O'Korn exacerbated the O-line protection issues by not having very good presence to move up or laterally to avoid pressure. Peters looked to be much better at that. That puts pressure on the O-line ( or conversely reduces pressure) If they know they can succeed if they can at least re-direct a defender and do not have to wipe him out for the QB to get the ball out that is a big difference.

I'm also beginning to think that O'Korn just had bad vision because he rarely was able to see secondary targets. Small sample size, but again Peters seems much better in this respect.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 7:12 pm

The only other thing I'd like to remind you guys,

We thought O'Korn was the next great one after he took over at Purdue.

At this point that is all Peters has done.

I am not trying to be a debbie downer and You won't find a more positive Michigan fan than I, but at this point I'm going to pretend to be from Missouri and say they have to SHOW ME.

BOLEACH7

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 8:09 pm

true enough Joe ... as I said it was only Rutgers... need perspective... let’s see how he performs under the lights where it’s his game from the start... think he will be good in time has a great touch on his throws and awareness in the pocket ...
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 3:06 am

Peters looked good yes BUT it was only Rutgers and Rutgers was not preparing for him during the week for this game. Just as Purdue didn't prepare for O'Korn. I think/hope that Peters will do better than O'Korn but the point that McCaffrey will be the starting QB next year (unless Peters wins out this year). Peters will make an outstanding back-up QB though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 7:11 am

I'm not sure I'd say McCaffrey will beat out Peters just yet. Peters has poise and confidence, and that can carry you a long way at the QB position. How about we let this season play out before we anoint a stater for next season.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm

I couldn't care any less about beating Rutgers (or Minn this week). The  rivalry record is still unacceptable and the gap between M and PSU/OSU is now very noticeable and getting more aggravating by the week. Going into that game M was half way through their B1G schedule and they were tied with Rutgers. Drink that in.

I'm sure I sound like artist but whatever. Talk about Peters or the o-line or a clicking running game to distract yourself. Bottom line is that M is getting dominated on the recruiting trail and dominated on the field against the teams that matter.

IMO this year was JH's most important but he let it get away. Win the rivalry games, you know that your rivals have to reboot in the positions that matter after this year, take your wins and parlay them into back-to-back years, get some real momentum going, FINALLY change the culture of the team (make no mistake UM still has an issue with a lack of what I call "edge") and turn it around. it's sickening to watch it slip out of their hands but enjoy the blowouts against the teams that don't matter.

ThatGuy

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 5:33 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm not sure I'd say McCaffrey will beat out Peters just yet.  Peters has poise and confidence, and that can carry you a long way at the QB position.  How about we let this season play out before we anoint a stater for next season.

I'm not 100% guaranteeing it but from everything that I've heard from multiple sources (of which my typical source IS NOT included) is that McCaffrey is in fact the real deal. Peters will undoubtedly have a return of the "deer in the headlights" look when he plays a real defense. If you have talent anyone can drop dimes on Rutgers.

I hope that Peters works out but think about this, why did Coach Harbaugh wait until Rutgers for Peters to get some meaningful snaps?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 6:12 pm

Only thing I’ll say about McCaffrey is that he better hit the weights... saw him live in warmups, and he’ll get broken in half if hit .... needs to bulk up considerably
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
Peters looked good yes BUT it was only Rutgers and Rutgers was not preparing for him during the week for this game.  Just as Purdue didn't prepare for O'Korn.  I think/hope that Peters will do better than O'Korn but the point that McCaffrey will be the starting QB next year (unless Peters wins out this year).  Peters will make an outstanding back-up QB though.

What do you mean didn't prepare for him? What is the difference? He's not Denard Robinson replacing Tate Forcier, or a lefty replacing a righty. He is not fundamentally different in terms of style. If you mean that Rutgers didn't prepare to face a competent QB- then ok, I guess.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 11:39 pm

wshoes wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
Peters looked good yes BUT it was only Rutgers and Rutgers was not preparing for him during the week for this game.  Just as Purdue didn't prepare for O'Korn.  I think/hope that Peters will do better than O'Korn but the point that McCaffrey will be the starting QB next year (unless Peters wins out this year).  Peters will make an outstanding back-up QB though.

What do you mean didn't prepare for him? What is the difference? He's not Denard Robinson replacing Tate Forcier, or a lefty replacing a righty. He is not fundamentally different in terms of style. If you mean that Rutgers didn't prepare to face a competent QB- then ok, I guess.

When you prepare to face a John O'Korn led Michigan crew you prepare for the QB scramble as O'Korn isn't the most accurate passer beyond 5 yards. Peters doesn't run much but he can hit an open receiver over 10 yards...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:

When you prepare to face a John O'Korn led Michigan crew you prepare for the QB scramble as O'Korn isn't the most accurate passer beyond 5 yards.  Peters doesn't run much but he can hit an open receiver over 10 yards...

Again what is the difference? You were preparing for a QB not to be accurate? Who does that? There may be questions about his performance but an advantage because Rutgers didn't prepare for him isn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 3:35 am

wshoes wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:

When you prepare to face a John O'Korn led Michigan crew you prepare for the QB scramble as O'Korn isn't the most accurate passer beyond 5 yards.  Peters doesn't run much but he can hit an open receiver over 10 yards...

Again what is the difference? You were preparing for a QB not to be accurate? Who does that? There may be questions about his performance but an advantage because Rutgers didn't prepare for him isn't one of them.

They didn't have to worry about passes over 5 yards. They had to worry about his happy feet. Basically a less-talented Denard.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 7:23 am

Shhhh, just be quiet. Less is more, two. "It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool...", well, you know the rest.....
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 10:46 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I couldn't care any less about beating Rutgers (or Minn this week). The  rivalry record is still unacceptable and the gap between M and PSU/OSU is now very noticeable and getting more aggravating by the week. Going into that game M was half way through their B1G schedule and they were tied with Rutgers. Drink that in.

I'm sure I sound like artist but whatever. Talk about Peters or the o-line or a clicking running game to distract yourself. Bottom line is that M is getting dominated on the recruiting trail and dominated on the field against the teams that matter.

IMO this year was JH's most important but he let it get away. Win the rivalry games, you know that your rivals have to reboot in the positions that matter after this year, take your wins and parlay them into back-to-back years, get some real momentum going, FINALLY change the culture of the team (make no mistake UM still has an issue with a lack of what I call "edge") and turn it around. it's sickening to watch it slip out of their hands but enjoy the blowouts against the teams that don't matter.

I'm with Eggo on this 100%. Especially the part about Jim letting this year get away. Anyone here besides me wonder where we'd be right now if Jim had inserted Peters for the Sparty game? I'm thinking we'd be 7-1 right now. I know it's hard to say for sure but, I'm pretty confident we would be. If Peters continues to play well, there's going to be a lot of people questioning Jim on that. I know I am.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 8:04 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I'm with Eggo on this 100%. Especially the part about Jim letting this year get away. Anyone here besides me wonder where we'd be right now if Jim had inserted Peters for the Sparty game? I'm thinking we'd be 7-1 right now. I know it's hard to say for sure but, I'm pretty confident we would be. If Peters continues to play well, there's going to be a lot of people questioning Jim on that. I know I am.

I'm not sure Peters is ready for a real team yet. Remember Coach Harbaugh waited until Rutgers. Rutgers! There is no way Peters would have survived sparty, much less in a monsoon. Peters may struggle a little against Minnesota on Saturday. Peters WILL struggle with both Wisconsin and ohio state. He "might" even struggle with Maryland as that will be his first road test.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turning point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning point?   Turning point? Empty

Back to top Go down

Turning point?
Page 1 of 1