Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toomer goes after JH again.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Toomer goes after JH again. Empty
PostSubject: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2017/12/amani_toomer_goes_after_jim_ha.html#incart_river_index

He sounds like a guy that has a personal problem with JH and not a frustrated fan.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 2:31 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/sports/2017/12/amani_toomer_goes_after_jim_ha.html#incart_river_index

He sounds like a guy that has a personal problem with JH and not a frustrated fan.

I think that because AT has a platform and is a former player that his statements come off as a personal problem.

Nothing AT says can be disputed and I know myself and a lot of other fans feel the exact same way. I don't have a personal problem with JH but I am clearly a frustrated fan. I wonder if I had a platform like AT would I come off as someone with a personal problem.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 2:36 pm

He doesn't even know what Moeller got fired for. We were 3 lousy calls from winning in Columbus last year and this year he says we were embarrassed? We outcoached them in a down year and were in it most of them game. Grow up Amani.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 8:22 pm

wshoes wrote:
He doesn't even know what Moeller got fired for. We were 3 lousy calls from winning in Columbus last year and this year he says we were embarrassed? We outcoached them in a down year and were in it most of them game. Grow up Amani.

The Moeller quote is where I realized he was just spouting off. Moeller clearly was fired for the drunken outburst and not his record.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 8:36 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

The Moeller quote is where I realized he was just spouting off.  Moeller clearly was fired for the drunken outburst and not his record.

yeah reading that was bit perplexing... it even made me go back and google it to make sure that what I thought in my mind was actually what happened. He's way off the radar with that comment.

But new QB or not, road or home, hopefull offseason OC change... none of that matters. UM MUST go 2-0 vs MSU and o$u next year. Another 0-2 year against those two and the patient fan base will start to turn on him.

The only acceptable outcome for next season (for me) going 2-0 against MSU and o$u, a B1G east title (yes that means beating PSU also) and being in the conversation for the final four. Next year's schedule is going to be tough and I can see 5 possible losses but I'm not giving him a pass. It's year 4. Reminder.... that is the type of digression that got Hoke fired.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 pm

The Moeller firing seemed like a bit of an over-reaction, but I wonder if his 8-4 records made him vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 4:56 pm

dwoody wrote:
The Moeller firing seemed like a bit of an over-reaction, but I wonder if his 8-4 records made him vulnerable.

Not sure how you would consider that he was fired because he got drunk and punched a cop as an over-reaction.

agree to disagree I suppose.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 1:08 am

I did not hear that the guy was a cop. I heard it was some asshole hassling Mo when he was out with his wife while she was in the midst of extracurricular activities. That's what I heard. ps: I blame Lllloyd for Colorado. And even if it was a cop, does that excuse the behavior? Do they get to do whatever they want, just because they're cops?

Last edited by dwoody on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 4:38 am

Yep Moeller punched a cop, in the chest but still, at the Excalibur. I remember this incident particularly well as I was NOT a Michigan fan at the time. In fact I was early in my undergraduate career at that time and I of course had Speech class. I did a persuasive speech on why not to like The University of Michigan. I did my Gary Moeller impersonation.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-05-05/sports/sp-62736_1_michigan-football-coach

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/gary-moeller-undervalued-easily-forgotten-overrated

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1995/PM-FBC-Michigan-Moeller/id-57b941306635748f81c07ae0c333de9e

PS: This will sound sacrilegious but truth be told the Colorado State game was my favorite Michigan game of all time.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 am

Colorado State?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 4:41 pm

wshoes wrote:
Colorado State?

Yeah, noticed that too, I was going to ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toomer goes after JH again.   Toomer goes after JH again. Empty

Back to top Go down

Toomer goes after JH again.
Page 1 of 1