Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

quick thoughts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: quick thoughts   Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:14 pm

1) In a post a couple of weeks back I said that I had seen enough from Peters in the few games that he played this year to be confident that he can be the guy moving forward. After the bowl game I am taking back that statement. In fact I have now flipped and fully believe that he can't be the guy moving forward. He had two drives to win the bowl game yesterday but instead he went 2 for 7 with an INT on those two drives. He was inconsistent the entire game. He had way too many turnovers and near misses. He stared down receivers like I haven't seen in quite some time. He was very average in pressure situations.

Sure, you can probably come up with an argument or excuse as to why all of those happened but the fact remains that they happened and they didn't have to. It's depressing to think that UM's QB situation is what it is in year 3 under Harbaugh.

2) I just went back and checked and realized that in Michigan's 5 losses this year they scored ZERO points in the fourth quarter. In fact they only scored 23 total second half points in those five losses combined.

3) this is yet another year that Michigan closed their season on a losing streak (0 for their last 3 this year). Since their last B1G championship in 2004 Michigan has closed the season with a losing streak 10 out of 13 seasons.

4) Since their last B1G championship Michigan has 28 wins vs 32 losses from the month of November on. Now compare that with o$u who has 49 wins vs 13 losses from the month of November on. It's clear that Michigan has a real problem with closing games and seasons. They will never be back to championship form until they fix that.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts   Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Well, to be fair, OSU has played many more games than Michigan....(snarkk)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 pm

dwoody wrote:
Well, to be fair, OSU has played many more games than Michigan....(snarkk)

yes but my point isn't about games played to close the season it's about wins vs losses in those games. Michigan has a .46 win percentage from November on. o$u has a .79 win percentage from November on. they close seasons and Michigan doesn't. how can you expect to win championships if you can't close out?

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:05 pm

I took your point. Hence, the snark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts   

Back to top Go down

quick thoughts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-