Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rutgers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Started slowly, went on a run, got cold, ended ok.

There are a lot of ebbs and flows in basketball

Just want more flows than ebbs. lol

joe

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Not putting them away. We need to build up a killer instinct.

Keeping them in the game.

joe

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 pm

MAAR gets a lot of foul calls when he penetrates

"creates"

dwoody

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm

17 wins by mid-January and tied for 2nd in the B1G is what I call a nice start! Michigan basketball is doing fine. Young, talented, explosive at time, and steadily improving. God bless JB! What a hire he turned out to be!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 4:46 pm

dwoody wrote:
17 wins by mid-January and tied for 2nd in the B1G is what I call a nice start! Michigan basketball is doing fine. Young, talented, explosive at time, and steadily improving. God bless JB! What a hire he turned out to be!

Yep woody, I am really excited over where this team could go. They are finally doing things that were weaknesses in the past. ie. offensive rebounds, good interior defense and taking the ball to the hoop a little more.

The downside is our free throw shooting. Hate to say it but that could cost us in the long run. We are 2nd from last in FT% in the B1G. That's not good at all.

wshoes

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 4:51 pm

joe wrote:
dwoody wrote:

Yep woody, I am really excited over where this team could go. They are finally doing things that were weaknesses in the past. ie. offensive rebounds, good interior defense and taking the ball to the hoop a little more.

The downside is our free throw shooting. Hate to say it but that could cost us in the long run. We are 2nd from last in FT% in the B1G. That's not good at all.

That FT stat is basically two guys- Z and Mathews, unfortunately those are two that will get fouled the most.Duncan and MAAR are great and Moe after a slow start has been coming on. Think Livers should be good and Poole too.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:04 pm

well the good thing is they won. Well not impressive they got the win at home. Early foul trouble for Rutgers was a plus. Still Michigan had points in the game where this viewer wondered the outcome . Now they will get a little rest, Robinson looked like a game saver. The other good point is it seems like a Lone Ranger always comes to the rescue somewhere, ALA Robinson today.Livers before and Poole before That. Want the Truth (MANY ON THIS BOARD CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH) Smile Sad Surprised

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:42 pm

I don't mind your criticism of the team. I just think you get a little myopic sometimes. It's all about the big picture.

#GoBlue!

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 pm

yea well some time I see little things that bother something even high school players do, simple things like Free Throws and layups. Sometime its team concept and John, like rebounds and defense. I just thought after the MSU win and the great play of Purdue game that we would play better . Yes Nebraska was road game but I thought that Michigan stood around a lot in that game, and failed to play their game and just kind of gave in. Sometimes even though I am not watching the game I keep track of stats and play by play. Mathew has been somewhat a disappointment. His play has been kind of YOYO. Simpson has been okay at the point but you can see he still is trying to find offense. MAAR and Livers get them selves in some bad situation and then just throw the ball up. I am still not sure if Wagner is NBA ready, of course they play more 1 on 1 in the NBA. Poole is Liver 2.0 so we will see.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 10:02 am

the artist formally known wrote:
yea well some time I see little things that bother something even high school players do, simple things like Free Throws and layups. Sometime its team concept and John, like rebounds and defense. I just thought after the MSU win and the great play of Purdue game that we would play better . Yes Nebraska was  road game but I thought that Michigan stood around a lot in that game, and failed to play their game and just kind of gave in. Sometimes even though I am not watching the game I keep track of stats and play by play. Mathew has been somewhat a disappointment. His play has been kind of YOYO. Simpson has been okay at the point but you can see he still is trying to find offense. MAAR and Livers get them selves in some bad situation and then just throw the ball up. I am still not sure if Wagner is NBA ready, of course they play more 1 on 1 in the NBA. Poole is Liver 2.0 so we will see.
Matthews tends to get out of the offense at times, and dribbles to much because he thinks he can take any defender off the dribble.  He is much better when he lets the offense create for him.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 5:11 pm

From what I've seen Matthews has tremendous moves and if his shooting was as good (not talking about FTs), he'd be a beast.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:
yea well some time I see little things that bother something even high school players do, simple things like Free Throws and layups. Sometime its team concept and John, like rebounds and defense. I just thought after the MSU win and the great play of Purdue game that we would play better . Yes Nebraska was  road game but I thought that Michigan stood around a lot in that game, and failed to play their game and just kind of gave in. Sometimes even though I am not watching the game I keep track of stats and play by play. Mathew has been somewhat a disappointment. His play has been kind of YOYO. Simpson has been okay at the point but you can see he still is trying to find offense. MAAR and Livers get them selves in some bad situation and then just throw the ball up. I am still not sure if Wagner is NBA ready, of course they play more 1 on 1 in the NBA. Poole is Liver 2.0 so we will see.
Matthews tends to get out of the offense at times, and dribbles to much because he thinks he can take any defender off the dribble.  He is much better when he lets the offense create for him.

I agree about Matthews with both of you.

I think X does some really good defensive stuff. His TO-ASS rating is very good also I believe. That's what you ask for in a point guard.

I think most of us see the shortcomings of this team. Hopefully we get back on track before Thursday night. Thank GOD that game is at 7:00. I'll be home from Cali on Wednesday and don't know if I'd be able to stay up any later. lol.

dwoody

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 7:10 pm

X is now Z, Joe. Not to be nitpicky!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers   Rutgers Empty

Back to top Go down

Rutgers
Page 1 of 1